• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Partly why am selective on who I take shooting. I am of the school of thought that a gun is not a magic wand, if it comes into the equation, you had best be in the right for involving it, and best be ready to use it.

and since you are going to dis regard my experience because of age, I assume you are of the school of thought of Age =wisdom, and youth means=a lack of it?

Folks may be disregarding your "experience" because your posts do not indicate you have any.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    You haven't actually bothered to read the law, have you?

Are you really trying to learn anything on this site, or are you just trolling?

I most definatly am not trolling, but I haven't read the law either. I have no real intrest in OC, unless it is my only option for carrying a handgun. Today was the first time in a long time I have even discussed OC, and was kinda disapointed no one could link me to the section of Indiana laws regarding carrying a handgun, Had I asked about failed glocks I'm sure 60 links woul d have been provided. When and if I ever decide to OC I will look into the law more deeply. but I was a little dissapointed by the string of make the cop show you where it is illegal comments.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Actually, you brought it up with your incorrect reference to CCW. And you are right, it has been discussed ad nauseum. :puke:

Now, women pissed about men treating them like incapable idiots, carry on... :D:ar15:

Jay, I have a quick question for you. Do you start training all women with AirSoft guns? The 2 instructors were very clear that if Carrie decided to attend their classes that they would only shoot AirSoft in the beginning. Is that standard for women (or anyone) or just another example of their attitude?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Actually, you brought it up with your incorrect reference to CCW. And you are right, it has been discussed ad nauseum. :puke:

Now, women pissed about men treating them like incapable idiots, carry on... :D:ar15:

Jay, I have a quick question for you. Do you start training all women with AirSoft guns? The 2 instructors were very clear that if Carrie decided to attend their classes that they would only shoot AirSoft in the beginning. Is that standard for women (or anyone) or just another example of their attitude?

She's not considering attending their class, is she? Given their attitude, she is certain to get condescension, not instruction. There are lots of instructors out there...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't see the big deal. It happens all the time all day long in every gun store, shop, public range I've ever been to. Happens on this board all day long in nearly ever thread that get's posted. Those two will fit right in.

Lots of things happen all day, every day, Jack. I think the big deal is that it's wrong no matter how many do it, and since it is unlawful and unproductive to physically beat the tar out of those who condescendingly patronize female shooters (because really, they should just leave shooting to the menfolk :rolleyes:) it seems to me that attempting to educate both the women (as to the fact that not all of us think that way) and the neanderthals (that whether or not someone can shoot and shoot well is unrelated to what equipment they keep in their underclothes) is the only option we have left.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I would wonder if this was to teach fundamentals without wasting ammo, but it seems to me that .22 would be a better method of doing that.
    If it's a mixed class and they start only women off with AirSoft, that would be pretty telling. I'd like to see Jay's response, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would wonder if this was to teach fundamentals without wasting ammo, but it seems to me that .22 would be a better method of doing that.
    If it's a mixed class and they start only women off with AirSoft, that would be pretty telling. I'd like to see Jay's response, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

I like pellet pistols better than Airsoft guns. I'm not impressed with the accuracy or the feel of the Airsoft guns I've used, though I've only used the cheaper ones, $40-$50 range.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I most definatly am not trolling, but I haven't read the law either. I have no real intrest in OC, unless it is my only option for carrying a handgun. Today was the first time in a long time I have even discussed OC, and was kinda disapointed no one could link me to the section of Indiana laws regarding carrying a handgun, Had I asked about failed glocks I'm sure 60 links woul d have been provided. When and if I ever decide to OC I will look into the law more deeply. but I was a little dissapointed by the string of make the cop show you where it is illegal comments.

I'll send you the link. All ya had to do was google "Indiana gun laws".
    Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

No where does Indiana state law describe how you are to carry your gun, only that you are required to have a LTCH. It doesn't mention it, therefore, you are legally allowed to carry it any way you like. Period. No judge can put you away, fine you, lynch you, or otherwise punish you if you carry your gun out in the open in the state of Indiana. Yes, there are those that frown upon it, but frowning doesn't make it illegal.

There. Now you have it in writing. :D

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Now, back to the OP. With the exception of my hubby, I've been consistently swayed to purchase a revolver as well. I've come to expect it. I would love to have one just cause I think they're sweet little guns and I like the nostalgia factor. However, I'm tall and have long fingers and have found that many of them feel a bit small in my hand. To get one big enough to fit my hand comfortably the darn things are just too big to conceal comfortably. Catch 22 you could say. (to clarify, CC is a preference, not because I think I have to.)

So, I'm now looking more towards a semi-auto as a regular carry weapon. I've gotten over the idea that I "should" have a revolver and have pretty much decided to buy a nice big shiny one later on when I have $1,000 I don't know what to do with. :D

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Causerof wait.....

I make very few concessions to gender, and an airsoft gun is most definately NOT part of my lesson plan.

Probably best if I refrain from discussing their attitude...... :rolleyes:

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Causerof wait.....

I make very few concessions to gender, and an airsoft gun is most definately NOT part of my lesson plan.

Probably best if I refrain from discussing their attitude...... :rolleyes:

I thought that was odd but since I have never been to training before i didn't know if that was standard.
    Thanks!

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Perhaps they were trying to let you know that they no longer need the airsoft guns, so they allow their students to use 'em......:dunno: ;)

I will say that airsoft guns can be useful to maintain some skills if you cannot get to a range and/or can't dry-fire...

Last edited:

home brew girl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    training

Along the same lines of making sure that I find the right gun, which either "fits me" or "I fit", whichever way we want to look at it. I also want to make sure that I am doing all things correctly, stance, aiming, holding, whatever! So, if I have to use an airsoft gun (whatever that is) I will.

I would just like an instructor, who will recognize that once I am doing all things correctly and have shown I am capable to "move" to the next type of gun, would move me quicker than just to keep me there because of formality. Does that make sense?

Obviously if there is something specific I need to work on I don't want to be moved up to the next type any faster either.

I am a hands on learner. I can listen to you all day long, but I need that hands on for me to "get" what I am doing...which is another reason I can't wait for the last 20 weeks of this pregnancy to go fast, so I can get to the range with my hubby and practice! (BTW, he's loving this!):chest:

And also, No, in no way shape or form am I thinking about taking a class from those "yay-who instructors" mentioned in the very first post. At first I was impressed with the first guy, but once the second one looked at me the way he did (I saw the ignorance in his eyes) I thought "HELL NO!" Not to mention once he opened his mouth... :n00b:

So thanks to everyone again for your opinions and honesty. The more the merrier!
    Carrie
    :40oz:

BTW, maybe we can chug a beer once I am NOT pregnant. In case anyone is wondering why this is so funny to me, it's because I have a 7 month old son and am now 5 months pregnant. So if you do the math, that means they will be 50 weeks apart...In other words, once this other baby comes I will have been pregnant for close to two years straight! I really would like a beer! :)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ... condescendingly patronize female shooters (because really, they should just leave shooting to the menfolk :rolleyes:) it seems to me that attempting to educate both the women (as to the fact that not all of us think that way) and the neanderthals...
    Bill

My point is that it's not a female thing.

Condescending know it alls who really hardly know any thing is not confined to any one sex nor is thier butting in confined to any one sex, or to any one locality.

They should be dealt with in the same manner regardless of location, sex, religion, or what ever else. Dip wads are dip wads, regardless. Point it out in an irrefutable manner, loudly, and obviously and they soon find something else to do.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I am a hands on learner. I can listen to you all day long, but I need that hands on for me to "get" what I am doing...which is another reason I can't wait for the last 20 weeks of this pregnancy to go fast, so I can get to the range with my hubby and practice! (BTW, he's loving this!):chest:

She's right, I am loving this!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    training

operator error :dunno:

fought with this computer, and damn near lost.....

Anyway, I've found out that it's much easier to teach females..... primarily because they have little or no ego issues. Not always, but many times, ladies will outshoot most of their husbands too......

I've lived long enough to realize that it's really not safe to be condecending to women...(that's part of the reason I've lived this long)

Last edited:

home brew girl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Jay,
    Got your message. I tried to respond but I have to post a few more times before it will let me send PM's... Grrr... Anyway. We will be in contact about the training!
    Thanks!
    Carrie

Top Bottom