This truly insane... house after house invaded...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    not unusual to take a couple of years to build a case and file. Especially if its right before the statute runs...
    Most winnable law suits are filed in a more timely manner so that the incident is still fresh in peoples minds.
    Possibly they couldn't find a lawyer to take the case.
    Which seems incredible considering this happened next door to Las Vegas. :dunno:

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why does this indicate anything wrong? By the time you get past dealing with the bogus charges, then waiting for the PD internal due process to take an indefinite amount of time after which it is determined that the PD is not going to self-correct in terms of discipline or restitution, and then allowing the plaintiff's lawyer(s) time to prepare, two years doesn't seem unreasonable.

What is unusual is that after 2 years NOW we're finally hearing about this. There hasn't been a "peep" from any type of media sources as far as I know concerning this until now. In a world where from coast to coast people grown about a police officer shutting down a 10 years old's lemonade stand, it's very difficult to understand how this story didn't break much, much sooner.
    I mean this has all the hallmarks of a great story... residental entry, beating on the homeowner cowering on the floor, shooting the dog, domestic violence, I mean really? Everyone kept mum on this until now? I don't know about anybody else, but given how closely guard this was, the the victim's should be offerred jobs with the NSA.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Most winnable law suits are filed in a more timely manner so that the incident is still fresh in peoples minds.
    Possibly they couldn't find a lawyer to take the case.
    Which seems incredible considering this happened next door to Las Vegas. :dunno:

I presume its being filed timely. Timely as in before the SOL runs. There could be any number of valid reasons to wait. Discussing any of them, including yours is purely speculation.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What is unusual is that after 2 years NOW we're finally hearing about this. There hasn't been a "peep" from any type of media sources as far as I know concerning this until now. In a world where from coast to coast people grown about a police officer shutting down a 10 years old's lemonade stand, it's very difficult to understand how this story didn't break much, much sooner.
    I mean this has all the hallmarks of a great story... residental entry, beating on the homeowner cowering on the floor, shooting the dog, domestic violence, I mean really? Everyone kept mum on this until now? I don't know about anybody else, but given how closely guard this was, the the victim's should be offerred jobs with the NSA.

Just my speculation here, but maybe there were bigger news stories when this went down. Major disasters or scandals (Katrina, Gulf Oil Spill, Enron, etc. although none of these fit the timeline) have a way of blowing other newsworthy events out of the cycle. {Or maybe its part of a vast conspiracy on the part of .GOV, Big Business, the RNC and DNC, the Gnomes of Zurich....} (Cqn't figure out how to use purple this morning...)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    This happens in Las Vegas and Henderson all the time. The police there are thugs and have a history of Constitutional infringements. My dad lives there, so every time there is something in the paper there about something like this, I see it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe their lawyer advised against going to the media. Maybe they didn't want to be the subject of a national news story. Or maybe they spent the last two years plotting how to make police look bad.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why would we have any problems believing that this particular department did this, when they're on video beating the hell out of a diabetic man? Looks like this entire department has issues, as we saw in previous links.

[video=youtube_share;Xv6Mzcs8Vuw]http://youtu.be/Xv6Mzcs8Vuw[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm still waiting to hear from the other side.

As to the OP, the Complaint (any complaint) is just: "I say you did bad stuff, give me money." It's the nature of the system.

To anyone who thinks that "there can't be any defense to this..." Sounds like you believe the media and Complaint....good for you. Of course you realize that one side of a story may very well be 99% fiction, right? Even in something filed in an OFFICIAL COURT DOCUMENT.

Who knows what happened here? If you aren't personally involved, you don't.

Did this happen, did it not? Darned if I know......but let's not kid ourselves that any of us know just because we may be prone to buy anything anti-police. That's hardly intelligent and objective. Believe it or not, sometimes it's not the cops who lie. Occasionally, criminals do too.

If you believe that anything in a Complaint just has to have some truth to it....I've got a FEMA Death Camp that's I'll sell you, cheap.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    wow mrjarrell...
    the guy barely moved and they beat the crap out of him.

In all fairness the guy was told DO NOT MOVE !!!! , How many times you gotta hear it to believe it ?

Something I always thought was pretty stupid about incidents like that was when you got 4-5 guys on you twisting / bending your wrists / arms every which way and their knees in your back / on your neck and their screaming STOP RESISTING !!!!!

How in the hell is a guy not gonna move / squirm out of pain reflex ?

Then , they interpret the movements as resisting and proceed to beat wholesale ass .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The guy in the video was barely moving. He was essentially in a diabetic coma and they decided that assaulting him was the best course. The kicks to the head were way the hell out of line. This department has a history, as seen in other posts, and their behaviour in the OP is not unbelievable, given that history.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I hope the guy who kicked him lost his job. Looked to me like he had stripes on his sleeve. Geez you would think he would know better.
    Nope. The head kicker is still employed by the department. According to a transparency filing he's making over $100K/yr from the taxpayers of that community. Looks like he's not just overpaid, he and his department are costing the taxpayers a lot of money in lawsuits.

http://transparentnevada.com/salaries/2011/henderson/seekatz-brett-j/

Top Bottom