• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    All mine are LEM (except for P7's of course ) and IMO LEM is the only way to go !

Advantages ; no safety or you can have a safety (on most models)

No transition from DA to SA.

And you can keep your thumb on the hammer while re-holstering, which you can not do with a striker fired gun. (Not exclusive to LEM)

Last edited:

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    You def get what you pay for. I have colts in the 1000 range and Glocks/springfields in the 500 range. You can see why the colts HKs are more money. This doesn't mean it's a better or more reliable gun just something a little different that costs more is what I'm looking for. More options.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I disliked the LEM trigger and got rid of the P2Ksk and USPs that had them. I guess it just depends on what you are comfortable shooting. I hated the long trigger pull.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    long trigger pull???? LEM reset is essentially the same as the SA on the DA/SA triggers, unless your talking about the initial pull, which is a "resistanceless" DA trigger pull. I have had a good amount of HKs in the past (p30, p7, p2000sk, usp 45 tactical, usp45c, hk45c) and now I have a P2000 that was originally a V2, but i changed one of the springs in it, so it is a mix now between the V1 (light LEM) and the V2 and i love it. The LEM trigger is what I fell in love with the first time i shot an HK, which happened to be the P2000, but in 40... and i finally have found what I loved in the beginning and couldnt be happier
    Long initial DA like trigger pull for the first shot (with no weight/resistance until the end of the pull). Then a short reset to make the trigger feel like a SA. Then if I do not want to shoot, I just remove my finger from the trigger and the hammer moves back to a DA like setting.
    I will note that many people (from places like HKPRO) have stated that the reset is shorter on the USPs compared to the P2000, which is shorter than the P30. I forget what they stated when talking about the hk45 and hk45c. But again, not by much.... how ever the longer reset of my old P30 (DA/SA) compared to my hk45c and P2000sk (both also in DA/SA) was the reason I sold it.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Late to the game, but the old saw in the '90s used to be that "Heckler & Koch" was how you said "Ruger" in German. :): I've had a few over the years: they all worked and some worked quite well. None of them quite lived up to the buzz or the price premium. Enjoy whatever you decide to buy.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Version 2 LEM's are easily converted to Version 4 which will reduce the trigger pull to between 4 and 5 pounds.

I'm very happy with the LEM trigger and have an SK on it's way to supplement the full size P2000.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I currently own a full size USP 45 stainless and a H&K P30. I have also had two P2000's in 9mm and 40 with the 40 having a LEM trigger. I also have owned a USP 9 full size and compact along with another USP 45 and a H&K P7.

All functioned great and fed whatever I put through it. The price is higher then I like but they are worth it in my opinion. Especially the P30. It's ergonomics are the best I have ever felt in a polymer handgun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have the same opinion of H&K that I do of BMW.

Over priced, over hyped. Yeah they work and they feel good but so does a Camry for a fraction of the cost.

Also I hate the paddle mag release.

If I were gonna buy a German made pistol that wasn't an older Sig, I would buy a Walther PPQ M2.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Can someone briefly explain the differences between the USPc models and the P2000?

They look similar to my eye. THANKS!

Removable back-straps on P2000/sk that are not available on the USPc. USP Compacts can be carried cocked and locked if you have the right model(V1, V2, etc.). Decocker is located on the rear of the P2000 while the decocker is on the side of the USPc. You can go from LEM to safety/decocker on the USPc while if your P2000 is LEM to begin with, you can't install a decocker. Magazines and mag releases are interchangeable. I enjoy both of them and to each their own.

Last edited:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Removable back-straps on P2000/sk that are not available on the USPc. USP Compacts can be carried cocked and locked if you have the right model(V1, V2, etc.). Decocker is located on the rear of the P2000 while the decocker is on the side of the USPc. You can go from LEM to safety/decocker on the USPc while if your P2000 is LEM to begin, you can't install a decocker. Magazines and mag releases are interchangeable. I enjoy both of them and to each their own.

Thank you bunches! :yesway:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Not a fan of the LEM trigger, though I've never compared one side by side, and it's been a few years since I've shot one with the LEM. I don't dislike the factory trigger. Also, I give preference to a DA/SA w/ decocker setup.

HK's are fine pistols. Expensive, but good. Honestly, you could save money and buy a cheaper pistol that's just as reliable. If you're just looking for a reliable SA handgun, you can find that in a cheaper make. If you're looking for a handgun that feels a bit more special and can swing the cash, go for HK.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I tried one with the LEM trigger the other day at Blythe's in Griffith and was horrified by the trigger pull. I'll deal with the initial DA and smoother SA on my H&Ks.

Im really surprised by this.... While I understand how some people do not like the feeling of the LEM, which is completely fine. I have never heard anyone say they were horrified by it. If it was insanely heavy, then that is because the springs have not been "pre-cocked" via racking the slide, then there is almost no weight what-so-ever until the breaking point.

If the slide was racked and you had the light trigger pull then again, im really surprised... but to each his own.

Side note... While I love my 1911 trigger the most (aside from a custom CZ).... I love the LEM trigger for what it is... a combat trigger. The same goes for the DA/SA variants as well.

Your best bet is to try out a LEM before you buy it to make sure you like it.... but make sure you shoot a couple hundred rounds before you decide if you like it or not, because no matter what.... it is different and you have to get used to it.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I tried one with the LEM trigger the other day at Blythe's in Griffith and was horrified by the trigger pull. I'll deal with the initial DA and smoother SA on my H&Ks.

Did you rack the slide then pull the trigger then hold the trigger back and rack the slide again and only let the trigger forward enough to reset and pull again ?

Top Bottom