• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I carried an HK USP Compact in .40 for years as a duty and off-duty carry pistol. It is the perfect size for CCW unless you want a sub-compact like a G26/G27. I think it may have had one stovepipe in all those years, can't really recall. It shot well, and I get a tighter grouping shooting USPs than Glocks. The only downside I have with the USP is that HK thought they were just so great, the rail system is their own design, not your general picatinny. However, I believe other pistols that came out after the USP did include a general picatinny rail system.

If I didn't have a duty weapon to carry CCW/off-duty, I would likely be carrying a P30. I've never shot the LEM, and would rather have the DA/SA version. A co-worker had a USP with the LEM and hated it. Said he couldn't shot it for anything.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I like the "expensive...is it really worth the money" point of view.

Y'all have no trouble paying $40,000 for a pickup or a couple hundred thousand for an overpriced house...but $300 or $400 for a pistol with the best reputation around? Nah, that's TOO MUCH MONEY.

LOL

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I like the "expensive...is it really worth the money" point of view.

Y'all have no trouble paying $40,000 for a pickup or a couple hundred thousand for an overpriced house...but $300 or $400 for a pistol with the best reputation around? Nah, that's TOO MUCH MONEY.

LOL

You DO mean $300 or $400 more than comparative pistols, right? Show me a $300 or $400 H&K...PLEASE! I'll buy one for each hand!:D

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    HK does make good guns but sometimes I treat them like Mercedes...they are probably awesome with the stuff they put in them and if you get one, you will be satisfied...but do you want to save up the money for it?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My opinion***,absolutely love the LEM trigger. Their standard SA/DA blows donkey. The trigger alone, for the price they charge, is a deal breaker. All of them have outstanding reliability, not sure if they are that much more reliable than a glock for the price they charge.

My opinion as well.

I have been in love with the P30L for nearly 2 years now, but refuse to buy one without the LEM trigger because the DA/SA craptastic trigger. To be fair, the follow-up SA shots are nice. But that first DA pull is ridiculous for any firearm, but particularly for one that costs so much more than the competition.

It doesn't help that I carry and have a fondness for same-shot-everytime striker-fired Glock. I suppose someone used to a standard DA/SA firearm might not find it as grossly unnatural as I did, but be forewarned.

On the other hand, everything else about the P30L is heaven. :drool:

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I currently own a USP45, USP45C, and HK45C. All of which are Variant 1. My favorite probably being the USP45C. They're great shooting guns. I really like the feel of them and they shoot great. The downside is mags are expensive. I plan on adding more H&Ks to my collection.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Picked up a P2000 SK in 9mm on Wednesday. It came with the V2 LEM trigger and undersized (imo) mag release. Ordered the parts for the lighter trigger conversion and the 45 mag release. $50, more or less, and a half hour of work.

I switched out the finger grip mag bottoms as they really didn't give me room for 3 fingers and aren't needed for a 2-finger grip. It is now a big pocket rocket. Bigger than my Kahr 40, but also a few more rounds in the magazine.

Now...to sell a few things to get a P30L......

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My opinion as well.

I have been in love with the P30L for nearly 2 years now, but refuse to buy one without the LEM trigger because the DA/SA craptastic trigger. To be fair, the follow-up SA shots are nice. But that first DA pull is ridiculous for any firearm, but particularly for one that costs so much more than the competition.

It doesn't help that I carry and have a fondness for same-shot-everytime striker-fired Glock. I suppose someone used to a standard DA/SA firearm might not find it as grossly unnatural as I did, but be forewarned.

On the other hand, everything else about the P30L is heaven. :drool:

You can do as I did and get the P30 S with the safety...carrying a DA/SA in cocked and locked affords you the ability to be able to safely carry AND have your first shot fired in SA.

The LEM I tried at Blythes was awful. JMHO though...

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Picked up a P2000 SK in 9mm on Wednesday. It came with the V2 LEM trigger and undersized (imo) mag release. Ordered the parts for the lighter trigger conversion and the 45 mag release. $50, more or less, and a half hour of work.

I switched out the finger grip mag bottoms as they really didn't give me room for 3 fingers and aren't needed for a 2-finger grip. It is now a big pocket rocket. Bigger than my Kahr 40, but also a few more rounds in the magazine.

Now...to sell a few things to get a P30L......

Sweet. I picked up the exact same pistol Thursday. I haven't taken it out and shot it yet, but have dry fired it. So far, I do like the LEM trigger. And yes, I agree the mag releases could be a tad bit bigger.

I do want to put night sights on it. Along with a good holster, I believe it will be an excellent carry piece.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    You can do as I did and get the P30 S with the safety...carrying a DA/SA in cocked and locked affords you the ability to be able to safely carry AND have your first shot fired in SA.

The LEM I tried at Blythes was awful. JMHO though...

What do you feel made the LEM awful ? I have got a couple fantastic deals on LEM guns from Blythes because they have a very hard time selling them. I suspect they do not know how to properly explain the system.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I bounce back and forth between my USP 40 and 45 as my carry weapons of choice...both are much more reliable than the glocks, rugers and sigs that I have. I am hooping to find a nice P7 to add to the family soon and the wife loves the P30.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    The way I interpreted the trigger pull was akin to my dad's taurus 357 revolver with the gritty feel of the M&P pistols.

Did you rack the slide, pull the trigger & and hold it back, rack the slide again, release only to reset and pull again ? trigger pull when firing will be like a SA every time.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Did you rack the slide, pull the trigger & and hold it back, rack the slide again, release only to reset and pull again ? trigger pull when firing will be like a SA every time.

Yes, even the guy behind the counter seemed a bit unimpressed with the LEM. It was definitely lighter than any of the first pulls on my DA/SA guns, but the SA on all of my guns feel way better.

I know that some guys ship theirs off to Gray Guns and Bowie Tactical and Bill Springfield and whoever else to get the LEM tweaked, I guess that I'd have to try and like one of those to be sold on it.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I love how everyone is just flabbergasted about somebody not liking the LEM. OMG you don't like it so you must be an idiot. I love HKs and have and still own plenty, but I just don't like the LEM. I don't get why that is sooooo hard to understand. Rant over :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    P30L for me. I love the ergonomics of it and also how it shoots and feels like an extension of my body while shooting it. Also the reliability is a must an you get it with HK. Why carry a gun you can't trust your life to 100% of the time?

The only pistol for ME that feels as good and is as reliable as well is the smith and Wesson M&P 9.

For the record, I liked the p30 but not as well as my p30L.

Top Bottom