• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The quality is awesome, but the price is outrageous. Plus, the triggers leave a lot to be desired. If money isnt a concern, go right ahead. They are far from trash. However, they dont offer any advantage over any of the other commonplace autos out there that cost way less, so I dont really believe theyre worth the extra cash if youre looking at them for any reason other than to add to your collection.

And yes, the P7 is a very funky animal and a cool design. I was amazed at how easy the thing comes apart. You would think it would be more complex.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Never owned a HK but looking for one to add to my carry collection. Tell me which HK you got and why you love it! Thanks. Grabagun.com has a bunch to choose from right now too

Are you favoring a particular caliber? Compact/not compact?

I have a P30 in 9mm...awesome. I have an HK 45...awesome. I have a USP 45 Compact...awesome.

Reliable, quality guns. The P30 and HK 45 have very similar ergonomic grips. I carry the USP compact and like the feel and how it carries.

They are all very accurate and reliable weapons. I suggest you go to a shop that stocks them and do some fondling, possibly some range time as well.

I say that, because if you are looking for a 9mm P30 style weapon, I'd highly recommend you check out the Walther PPQ as well. Completely different as far as striker-fired vs hammer-fired, but the two get compared a bunch because of the similar ergonomics.

I'd say that you won't find a better .45 than the USP and HK 45 models, but that, of course, is subject to personal opinion.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    USP40V1. It's a nice size and I like the control layout. I think it's a very good looking gun. But the factory mags are junk, will not feed the last round or two. New mags are expensive. They don't seem to wear well. Most of the old ones I've seen look old.

If I had to redo I wouldn't have brought it. IMO there are better guns out there for less money.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Please....

so is my FNX 45 Tac too expensive? or is it relative to something else?

HK makes good stuff.

Didn't say it wasn't good. It's just too expensive for what it is.

They aren't any better functionally than some of the other awesome offerings that are 1/2 the price. There's just tons of equal or better firearms out there that you can get for the same price or less.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Love my P30 in 9mm, & love my HK45C (Black & FDE). Flawless thus far, awesome ergonomics, pleasures to shoot.

My PPQ 9mm is very close, some of my family / friends pick it over the P30. It's out of box trigger (PPQ), is AWESOME!

My HK45C are by far my favorite .45 acp. Others: SR1911, Springfield Range Officer, M&P Compact, M&P Full Size, XD (now sold). Are my HKs that much better when $$$ are considered? Yes for me, with exception of SR1911, for the cost, that firearm is sweet!

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Great info I'm going to check out the P30 and HK45. Like I said I'm looking for something different in my lineup and HK seems quality. Are the magazines that terrible??

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I have a full size USP 45. Shoots incredibly accurate, smooth trigger pull, ultra reliable and I personally think they look bad@ss. Its a big gun, but not awkward or clumsy by any means. Awesome gun!

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    It is CPII (Nickel Boron) from CCR. I like it better than HC and it's a harder finish than Np3.

Thanks for the info. I really wanted to have it hard chromed by Tripp but since that is no longer an option Fords HC or Np3 were my next choices.
    Never really liked the color of Fords and from the reviews I have read Np3 is almost to slick. I had not really researched CPII, looks like a good choice.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is love and hate for everything. They are excellent quality handguns. Go shoot one and see if YOU like it.

I love the way my USP .45 functions and looks. They're kind of like Porches: High end, specific. Some people don't like the fact that you can't adjust the steering wheel and others see no better angle for the steering wheel to sit at. Also, with what most handguns cost these days, I don't see why people complain about the price.

Top Bottom