• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    A dear departed friend would eat angel food cake and mustard. He insisted the sweet of the angel food and the bitter of the mustard mixed well. He would also eat cottage cheese and rice.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    When i was a kid a lady i did yard work for offered me a sandwhich. Took a bite and about puked. Mayo and banana sandwich.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    I am grateful to have grown up in a family that cooked traditional Polish food. Among my favorites were pickled pigs feet, duck blood soup, headcheese, countless kinds of bizarre sausages, oxtail and many more. I know a lot of our stuff was “eeww” for these inexperienced palate types, but learning a range of foods as a kid is excellent priming for openness to new tastes later on in life. I used to travel all over Europe and Asia for work and never backed down from trying the local specialties, much to my benefit. My wife is from Taiwan and she’s thankfully the same in that regard. And their food is plenty “eeww” for these midwest hot dog and hamburger kids. There’s nothing like sitting down at a bar in taiwan, having a beer and munching on sliced pig ear or a bowlful of duck liver.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am grateful to have grown up in a family that cooked traditional Polish food. Among my favorites were pickled pigs feet, duck blood soup, headcheese, countless kinds of bizarre sausages, oxtail and many more. I know a lot of our stuff was “eeww” for these inexperienced palate types, but learning a range of foods as a kid is excellent priming for openness to new tastes later on in life. I used to travel all over Europe and Asia for work and never backed down from trying the local specialties, much to my benefit. My wife is from Taiwan and she’s thankfully the same in that regard. And their food is plenty “eeww” for these midwest hot dog and hamburger kids. There’s nothing like sitting down at a bar in taiwan, having a beer and munching on sliced pig ear or a bowlful of duck liver.
    Eeeewwwww

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    WTF is wrong with you people? Some of y'all have come up with some concoctions that would gag a maggot or knock a buzzard off a rotting carcass.
    I have a friend at work that loves to eat peanut butter & jelly, chewy bacon and fried banana sandwiches.

About the only thing I like that many claim is disgusting is Spam. I like to chop some up and lightly fry it up in a skillet and add in scrambled eggs and some shredded cheddar cheese with a side of toast. I also like to slice it about 1/4" thick, sear both side and throw it on potato bread with mayo, a slice of either American or provolone cheese and either some lettuce or baby spinach (whichever one we have on hand)
    Otherwise I grew up knowing what good food tastes like, unlike what some of y'all are willing to put in your mouths

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WTF is wrong with you people? Some of y'all have come up with some concoctions that would gag a maggot or knock a buzzard off a rotting carcass.
    I have a friend at work that loves to eat peanut butter & jelly, chewy bacon and fried banana sandwiches.

About the only thing I like that many claim is disgusting is Spam. I like to chop some up and lightly fry it up in a skillet and add in scrambled eggs and some shredded cheddar cheese with a side of toast. I also like to slice it about 1/4" thick, sear both side and throw it on potato bread with mayo, a slice of either American or provolone cheese and either some lettuce or baby spinach (whichever one we have on hand)
    Otherwise I grew up knowing what good food tastes like, unlike what some of y'all are willing to put in your mouths
    Spam is actually pretty good. We have a couple of things we use it in.

Ti food sucks butts. Some of the things they eat turn me blue. same with Indian food. Holy Mother. I have worked In Those kitchens on the coolers/freezers. No fracking way I am eating that crap. Hell no

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    As per usual ill make the first controversial post in honor of thanksgiving. Sweet potato casserole is disgusting. Marshmallows and brown sugar on top of a food with "sweet" already in the name, gross. They are plenty sweet just the way God made them.
    I agree with this except I hate sweet potatoes all together. There are only a few foods I really don't like and sweet pots are on the very top of the list.

Top Bottom