Things I saw at Walmart in a 20 min. visit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Was at Walmart in electronics, person in front of me had spent a hundred some dollars, gave the teen checkout girl $130 in 20's and a 50. She couldn't count it. Tried 3 times and could not figure out how to count up on the odd number. She finally handed it back to the customer and asked them how much they had just given her. :n00b:

Was at the gas station getting a fountain drink $1.18. I didn't have a dime, nickel and 3 pennies so I gave her a quarter and 3 pennies along with my dollar. I get a nickel and 4 pennies back. :n00b:

not only did I throw her off she couldn't count back the correct change. Is it really that hard?! :dunno:
    Apparently it is.! The art of counting back change is all but dead. Heck, I was counting back change, when collecting money for my paper route, when I was in grade school!
    Now, I generally give cash in whole dollars, and never, never hand a clerk inexact coinage. Needless to say, the squeeze type change carrier (Yeah, that's right...the kind old men carry) that I use is always full.
    But in defense of Wal-Mart employees, At the Martinsville store on Sunday, I was waited on at the ammo counter within a minute, and she even checked out a couple cans of Seafoam, so I wouldn't need to stop at the checkout when I left! :)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I love Walmart, because it rounds up all the weirdos in the same place. Much better than them just wandering about aimlessly in public.

I'm not a Walmart hater, but the one thing I don't like is their "Movie Bin." I know that the movie I want is in there for $5, but it's impossible to dig through the 25 cubic feet of plastic to find it.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    I use to like Walmart, but now I'd rather have my eyes gouged out instead of going.

You'd think that common sense would tell you to put aluminum baking dishes in the baking aisle. But nooooooo! I finally found them with the glass pyrex dishes at the other end of the store!

I'm a plus size gal, but geesh!, If I see Daisy Dukes on one more fat chick in stillettos, I'm gonna hurl!

28 checkout lanes, and only 5 open on a Friday nite!

While waiting in said checkout, I got the privilege of listening to some punk saying the "MF" word religiously. When I turned around he had about 4 children under the age of 6 with him. Nice.

Then the person in front of me was talking on her cell phone and not watching her 2 year old. He fell out of the cart head first and landed on the cement floor. Instead of hanging up, she continued to talk and rubbed the childs head vigorously. Ouch!

The final straw was when I was paying for my stuff. My total was $27.38
    I gave him $30.40 After watching him struggle to make change, I finally told him how much I should get back. I was polite but he wasn't. He told me I should have just taken the change from $30 because this was too much trouble.

Never again!
    :D Has anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy":D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    When I go into walmart I mostly just see normal looking people. But of course its in the morning. Either just after 7 am or 9 am. Once in a while I'll see a woman in her pajamas but that's about it. And I can't complain cause yesterday the cashier gave me the deal of the week! I got 3 12 packs of pepsi, and 2 boxes of federal 45 acp. She rang up the the packs of pop, then rang up the first box of ammo. Asked if it was for a handgun. And me being a bit of a smarta$$ said "well that's mostly what this caliber is made for", she got flustered and asked if it was or not, and I said yes. But somewhere in there she voided the first box, but then scanned the second and didn't rescan the first. I paid $30 and some change for 2 boxes of 50 rds of 45 acp and 3 12 packs of pepsi!! Free box of ammo!! This is why I always try to go to the young cute cashier, especially if she's a blonde:)::D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I hate to be that guy, but my conscience would not let me keep the box of ammo. I'd walk back to customer service, tell them they undercharged me and paid for it. YMMV.

Yeah it was very very hard for me not to. I normally do. I think I got paid back last night at work though. Had a really crappy night after it started out good. Must of been karma coming back.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    When I go into walmart I mostly just see normal looking people. But of course its in the morning. Either just after 7 am or 9 am. Once in a while I'll see a woman in her pajamas but that's about it. And I can't complain cause yesterday the cashier gave me the deal of the week! I got 3 12 packs of pepsi, and 2 boxes of federal 45 acp. She rang up the the packs of pop, then rang up the first box of ammo. Asked if it was for a handgun. And me being a bit of a smarta$$ said "well that's mostly what this caliber is made for", she got flustered and asked if it was or not, and I said yes. But somewhere in there she voided the first box, but then scanned the second and didn't rescan the first. I paid $30 and some change for 2 boxes of 50 rds of 45 acp and 3 12 packs of pepsi!! Free box of ammo!! This is why I always try to go to the young cute cashier, especially if she's a blonde:)::D
    Go back and pay for your ammo.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'd walk back to customer service, tell them they undercharged me and paid for it. YMMV.

Go back and pay for your ammo.
    These ^.

A teller overpaid me once when cashing my work check.
    I didn't realize it until I was home and the bank was closed.
    I called the next morning and went in to make it right. I found out that had I not done that, it would have been the teller's job on the line.
    Dude, there's no statute of limitations on doing the right thing. Go back.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    If I go to WangMart, my wife and I usually end up playing the camo game. You try to see who can spot the most people with camo on any part of their bodies/clothes. I've gotten over 50 on a good night.

There are actually metrics correlating the likelihood that you'll shop at Walmart if you wear camouflage. I guess that's why the game always works.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Camo is actually pretty popular in clothing styles. I went to the mall today and there's a lot of cute camo clothing out there. Even Justice is selling it. My daughter owns some and she's far from being the people you are talking about.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    These ^.

A teller overpaid me once when cashing my work check.
    I didn't realize it until I was home and the bank was closed.
    I called the next morning and went in to make it right. I found out that had I not done that, it would have been the teller's job on the line.
    Dude, there's no statute of limitations on doing the right thing. Go back.

Yeah its been weighing on me pretty heavy. I'll probably stop by on my way down to Greenfield tomorrow and do it. I normally would of right then. I'm not sure why I didn't. I don't know how many times I've been given too much change and told them their mistake. :dunno:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Why do people even still use cash? That's what confuses me. Just swipe the card and be done with it. It's easier for everybody, and it doesn't leave you with coins rattling around in your pocket only to be lost later on. Not to mention that several credit card companies these days give you various percentages back, so you actually spend less by using the card instead of cash. (OK, yes, I understand some people don't have the self-control not to overspend and/or pay off the bill each month, and for those people, yeah, better not to use a credit card, but at least a debit card would still be faster and avoid the same problem.)

Eh...

I use cash for EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. I couldn't care less if it's slower. My last concern is the people behind me in line. And in my opinion, people who use cards or checks are a heck of a lot slower than us cash users.
    I think I'd have self-control with a card...but I'd rather have cash in hand that is MINE from the get go. I hate having a debt (even a small one) over my head. If I can't afford it in cash...I don't need it. Period.
    But that's just me! :)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Eh...

I use cash for EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. I couldn't care less if it's slower. My last concern is the people behind me in line. And in my opinion, people who use cards or checks are a heck of a lot slower than us cash users.
    I think I'd have self-control with a card...but I'd rather have cash in hand that is MINE from the get go. I hate having a debt (even a small one) over my head. If I can't afford it in cash...I don't need it. Period.
    Yup!!
    We used Credit Cards when we were younger and the debt became unbearable. We stopped using Credit Cards fifteen years and have NO plans to get another one.
    EVER!!!
    Like I said before.
    If I can't pay cash for something, I'll wait until I can!
    Mike

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I hate having a debt (even a small one) over my head. If I can't afford it in cash...I don't need it. Period.

Yup!!
    We used Credit Cards when we were younger and the debt became unbearable. We stopped using Credit Cards fifteen years and have NO plans to get another one.
    EVER!!!
    Like I said before.
    If I can't pay cash for something, I'll wait until I can!
    Mike

Hey I'm like the same way. But my rule is worded as, "If I don't have the money now, don't spend it." I use the card as a protection against theft and fraud, and since I pay off the bill every month, I don't carry any debt (from that anyway — I do still have student loans I'm repaying now). For the day-to-day little things, I know I have enough in my account to pay for it; for the larger purchases, like my iPhone this summer, I verified I had sufficient funds to cover the purchase before I spent it.

My point, of course, merely being that the principle you two assert still applies to those who use cards wisely, as I do. Believe it or not, not all "kids these days" get themselves into trouble with credit cards while they're off to college :thumbsup:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    any company that wants to loan you money is a bad thing.

I have no use for CC company's or banks.

Top Bottom