Things I saw at Walmart in a 20 min. visit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe not an "all girl" thing.

I'd rather have the change for my change jar. At the end of the month, when my budget has been spent, I usually get a good $200 to play with. :) It comes in handy. That being said, we TRY to get change rather than bills. It's almost like Forgotten money.

We're odd like that, though.

Sounds like a jacked up trip to Walmart. The part that gets me the most is the people throwing the "F" bomb around when they have kids there, Or *I* have my child in hearing distance. I've been known to flip out at people like this.
    I too talk like a Sailor. NEVER around my child.

I should try that. Maybe I wouldn't be broke all the time. I'd have to hide the jar from my kids! :)

At school, when I'd have to call parents and tell them that their 8yr. old dropped the "F bomb", their response is, " I wonder where they heard that from?" Then, I put the kid on the phone to talk to his parent and they start cussing and screaming at them. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Maybe not an "all girl" thing.

I'd rather have the change for my change jar. At the end of the month, when my budget has been spent, I usually get a good $200 to play with. :) It comes in handy. That being said, we TRY to get change rather than bills. It's almost like Forgotten money.

We're odd like that, though.

Sounds like a jacked up trip to Walmart. The part that gets me the most is the people throwing the "F" bomb around when they have kids there, Or *I* have my child in hearing distance. I've been known to flip out at people like this.
    I too talk like a Sailor. NEVER around my child.
    Did you know that you can take your loose change to the Coinstar machine and instead of paying for groceries with it, you can get a Starbucks or Amazon gift card. The coolest part is that they don't charge a fee for those two items.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I should try that. Maybe I wouldn't be broke all the time. I'd have to hide the jar from my kids! :)

I've tried for 14 years to get change when I pay for things, but you throwing out that quarter to the cashier always messes up my plans. :D Some of us do want change for the vending machines at work for that mid morning snack.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I've gone in there at night before. I see shoplifting take place all the time.

I said something once, but nobody cared.

So it's like :dunno: I go in now and check on the ammo situation. They do have cans of freon cheap, so I can charge cars in the middle of the night if I go the insomniac route that night.

But mostly it's fun to people watch. A trip to Walmart in the middle of the night makes me feel almost... normal.

Josh

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I use to like Walmart, but now I'd rather have my eyes gouged out instead of going.

You'd think that common sense would tell you to put aluminum baking dishes in the baking aisle. But nooooooo! I finally found them with the glass pyrex dishes at the other end of the store!

I'm a plus size gal, but geesh!, If I see Daisy Dukes on one more fat chick in stillettos, I'm gonna hurl!

28 checkout lanes, and only 5 open on a Friday nite!

While waiting in said checkout, I got the privilege of listening to some punk saying the "MF" word religiously. When I turned around he had about 4 children under the age of 6 with him. Nice.

Then the person in front of me was talking on her cell phone and not watching her 2 year old. He fell out of the cart head first and landed on the cement floor. Instead of hanging up, she continued to talk and rubbed the childs head vigorously. Ouch!

The final straw was when I was paying for my stuff. My total was $27.38
    I gave him $30.40 After watching him struggle to make change, I finally told him how much I should get back. I was polite but he wasn't. He told me I should have just taken the change from $30 because this was too much trouble.

Never again!

You got 5 cashiers?? :D Lucky you, I usually only get 2 that time of nite.

Don't even get me started on the door Nazi's that want to see a receipt for your milk because it isnt in a bag, even though the rest of your stuff IS bagged.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't even get me started on the door Nazi's that want to see a receipt for your milk because it isnt in a bag, even though the rest of your stuff IS bagged.

Oh, the door Nazi's... Well, I usually can somewhat tolerate them at Sam's Club... it's when I feel that incompetence or just a general lack of wanting to " work " is to blame for a 10 minute wait to get out the fricking store after I have already paid that gets me rather irate.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, the door Nazi's... Well, I usually can somewhat tolerate them at Sam's Club... it's when I feel that incompetence or just a general lack of wanting to " work " is to blame for a 10 minute wait to get out the fricking store after I have already paid that gets me rather irate.

So that's why you always send me into Walmart to buy ammo! ;)
    The things I do for love!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    :laugh:"The final straw was when I was paying for my stuff. My total was $27.38
    I gave him $30.40 After watching him struggle to make change, I finally told him how much I should get back. I was polite but he wasn't. He told me I should have just taken the change from $30 because this was too much trouble. "

Are you Kidding That is one of the finest forms of entertainment for me .....
    I go into a place like that or Mcdonalds and wait on them to give me my total ....$19.10 ...hand them $20....as soon as they hit $20 on the register and it pops open I say hold on here I have a dime ...The DEER in the headlight look I get Everytime is priceless ...Never gets old ..
    I actually heard a Mcdonalds Manager telling the cashier they had to watch people like me (after it took 3 of them to figure out i had $1 coming back in change ) I was a Quick change artist trying to rip them off ...lol

You cant Buy entertainment like that .:rockwoot::D

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    :laugh:"The final straw was when I was paying for my stuff. My total was $27.38
    I gave him $30.40 After watching him struggle to make change, I finally told him how much I should get back. I was polite but he wasn't. He told me I should have just taken the change from $30 because this was too much trouble. "

Are you Kidding That is one of the finest forms of entertainment for me .....
    I go into a place like that or Mcdonalds and wait on them to give me my total ....$19.10 ...hand them $20....as soon as they hit $20 on the register and it pops open I say hold on here I have a dime ...The DEER in the headlight look I get Everytime is priceless ...Never gets old ..
    I actually heard a Mcdonalds Manager telling the cashier they had to watch people like me (after it took 3 of them to figure out i had $1 coming back in change ) I was a Quick change artist trying to rip them off ...lol

You cant Buy entertainment like that .:rockwoot::D
    you better watch out, if you're spending 19.10 at mcd's, you gonna get phat my friend. And ya can't sue them anymo nefer.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When I'm leaving Wal-Mart, which is not very often, and the door alarm goes off, or some geezer asks to see a receipt, I just keep walking. It's great to hear them get loud trying to get your attention, I always keep the receipt in hand, but never show it when asked. I paid for this crap, it's mine, get away from me.:D Love it.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    At Walmart you don't have to stop for them, and I never do. I know that whenever I've been asked for a receipt it was for a reason. I courteously decline and keep walking.

Sam's Club is a different story. It's part of the user agreement in the membership you pay for, which basically means they could terminate your membership for not letting them check your items - big whoop.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For those who don't like having their receipt checked, have you ever driven through Menards lumber yard? I'm made to feel like a thief every time I drive back there. I remember one time I had about 30 bags of lava rock in the back of my truck. They were thrown in there and their guys helped me to load it. The guy at the shack wanted to put his hand on every single bag. They have a sign that said any truck driver making a delivery is subject to having his cab searched. If I were the truck driver, I'd park at their gate and tell them to drive their fork trucks out there.

There's a fine line between security and turning off customers because you treat everyone like a thief.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    I would like to not have to drive an extra 6 miles to shop at a store filled with people who have recently bathed, are familiar with basic dental hygiene, and dress their children in more than a soggy diaper. But the 10 minutes I would save would be more than offset by the experience.

Did you know that those twelve volt fattymobiles have horns? They do.
    I saw some quarter-ton princess actually honk at people who were apparently impeding her quest for calories.

Walmart shopping is like taking the Greyhound bus. I would do it if I had to but I reallllly hate the though of it

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Was at Walmart in electronics, person in front of me had spent a hundred some dollars, gave the teen checkout girl $130 in 20's and a 50. She couldn't count it. Tried 3 times and could not figure out how to count up on the odd number. She finally handed it back to the customer and asked them how much they had just given her. :n00b:

Was at the gas station getting a fountain drink $1.18. I didn't have a dime, nickel and 3 pennies so I gave her a quarter and 3 pennies along with my dollar. I get a nickel and 4 pennies back. :n00b:

not only did I throw her off she couldn't count back the correct change. Is it really that hard?! :dunno:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It depends which Wal-Mart location one goes to. I used to like going to WM near me. But exactly as the original post points out, I worry about this country's future whenever I go there now. So, for the past few months, I've avoided it at all possible costs. Funny, though, lunchtime at Fishers Wal-Mart has a totally different feeling to it than most others I've been to.

Meijer and Target get more of our dollars now.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Was at the gas station getting a fountain drink $1.18. I didn't have a dime, nickel and 3 pennies so I gave her a quarter and 3 pennies along with my dollar. I get a nickel and 4 pennies back. :n00b:

not only did I throw her off she couldn't count back the correct change. Is it really that hard?! :dunno:

It is when self-esteem is central to education and not the 3 Rs. <sigh>

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Was at Walmart in electronics, person in front of me had spent a hundred some dollars, gave the teen checkout girl $130 in 20's and a 50. She couldn't count it. Tried 3 times and could not figure out how to count up on the odd number. She finally handed it back to the customer and asked them how much they had just given her. :n00b:

Unfortunately, it seems to be. *sigh*
    I use to go to the Walmart in Franklin and watched a cashier count on her fingers to figure out my change. Ugh. I guess on the plus side, she did figure it out. :dunno:
    Most people use a calculator for the smallest of math computations. I chuckle when a friend pulls out his/her tip calculator. How hard is it to figure out 15 or 20%? Following this thread, it must be harder than I thought. That being said, I would think it is hard to find competent people to work retail, too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom