• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't care about this stuff, so I challenged myself to read a bit about it, just to get me out of my comfort zone and try to understand why other people give a sh-t about it.

It is really kinda tragic.

Meghan Markle disowned most of her own family...and now she's basically achieved the same with her hubby's. Way to go punkin. You've destroyed your pathway to become what essentially amounts to the next Diana, because a bunch of bad-teeth Brits wouldn't bestow a title (!) on your precious Archie. You're going to be 40, squeezed out a couple pups, and Hollywood is not going to employ you in anything useful again. You've got to rely on Netflix and Orca to supply the ongoing revenue for your 24/7 security detail, and hope that will last you the rest of your life. If American hairdressers named Tiffany ever stop caring about you, well...50 years is a _long_ time to be retired.

Harry, for his part, had a life of military service in Britain, leading him right into what would appear to be a well-deserved royal sinecure, and the Brits had a mostly positive view of him. He would have been the "good" and heroic Prince, next to William, and he and his family would have been on the Royal Welfare Plan for life. They were positioned to inherit half of an estimated 88 Billion (yes, that's with a "B") estate. He would have had to teach Meghan to curtsy for a few more years, to land the deal. Now that's all trashed, by the efforts of his old lady, and he looks like a schmuck. And he'll probably be living Obama-style with his mother-in-law all up under him, to boot. In a strange land, where his wife with her B-movie bio is more popular than he is, and nobody cares about him...cut off from his own family.

I predicted bad things for Kanye when he got mixed up the Kar-trash-ians. It would havve been nice if, before this Oprah thing happened, he could have pried Harry loose from kitchen duty for one weekend, taken him to Vegas, got him drunk and dropped some truth on him. This 'merica, baby. Harry just purchased himself a one-way, non-refundable ticket to irrelevance, and I think he's going to be lonelier in Santa Barbara, eventually, than he's ever been in his life.
    Ya know, this isn’t a first right? This has happened before, except it was a King, not a prince that walked away.
    Personally, in today’s age, I think Harry and Markle are probably going to make a mint.

And honestly, shouldn’t we be patting Markle on the back? I mean she’s done what we’ve been doing since the 18th century... giving the crown grief.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    That much is understood, but the life and trappings of a Royal is not predicated upon actually ascending to power. There are plenty of Royals living wonderful lives on the Arthurian Dole, without any pretense to ever being king or queen. Her secondary spot in the family pecking order was already fixed before she married him. Meghan's special role in all that, would have been to serve as the officially-licensed distributor of American-style racial grievance in the U.K. With the demographics of that place, that was a growth business. Coming from her, playing to a mixed-race British audience, it would have been authentic like a Robert Johnson song. They could have lived most of the time in SanBar, anyway, since that's where M&M is originally from, and she could have curtsied for a few more years on those occasions when she was in-country. Their slate of charitable obligations would have been about the same as now and chosen to their liking, and there would have been stupendous wealth tied to the thing.

But she got hung up on the fact that her precious, precious Archie would not have a title. She cut her husband off from his family (like she cut herself off from her own), and shitcanned tens of billions in inheritance over a f-ing extra word or two on a business card? What does her little Archie have now, versus the other way? Is she going to get him a job doing Toyota commercials? Holding a suitcase full of cash on a game show?

If she really wanted to drive the racial grievance thing, her persistent presence in the Royal Firm, and the injustice of her cutesy tot playing title-less next to the other more privileged grandkids, would have allowed countless opportunities for ascendant woke-surrogates in the British press to expound on the subject ad-nauseam. It would have given an increasingly diverse Brit population one more thing to hoist and harrass the Royal family upon. They could have alternated locales, traipsing back and forth across the pond, doing woke-justice interviews here, then there, like a half-and-half Anglo-American equity and inclusion training team, with the Famdamily footing the bill. Harry could have marched across the Edmund Pettus Bridge every year, then had lunch with the Queen the next week. They could have extended this schtick like a franchise opportunity into every nation in the British Commonwealth.

Now Harry and his offspring are going to have the same effed-up Hollywood brat existence that Meghan Markle lived while she was doing B-movie Blowj-b cameos. This may make perfect sense to her, but duuude...
    I'm finding it difficult to think of anything that I care less about. But I'm commenting because I love the Robert Johnson reference!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Harry should have listened to his grandfather. Prince Phillip told him straight up "You step out with actresses. You don't marry them."

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    My take - for what it's worth.... Harry is a just a tragic, minor actor in this whole drama. Young, single, titled and RICH - a ripe target for a petty, conniving and EVIL second rate actress. She sunk her hooks into him, knowing full well what lay in store and the benefits SHE could get out of a marriage to a Royal. I suspect the plans for the invasion of Iwo Jima pale before the details of hers for him. For her, it is a win win - her personal social and public standing soars. She now has the "bully pulpit" to manipulate the public how-so-ever she desires. She is now hooked to an $88 billion lineage. She can ride the Royal side as long as she wants and manipulate her (poor) "prince" (without a title) any way she wants. To top it all, she has two trading pieces (the baby and the soon to be) that will guarantee her sympathy from the public and with which she can manipulate the Royal Family however she thinks she will achieve the most personal gain. This all being said, I suspect that she and her hubby will flounder at some near point and recognizing this, she will cast Harry aside for some other (young) possibility that will enhance her public persona. She will still have the two (or more) children that she can attach to the Royal t*t and suck ongoing riches for her. If I could better define the word bit*ch, I would use the term "Megan".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ya know, this isn’t a first right? This has happened before, except it was a King, not a prince that walked away.
    Personally, in today’s age, I think Harry and Markle are probably going to make a mint.

And honestly, shouldn’t we be patting Markle on the back? I mean she’s done what we’ve been doing since the 18th century... giving the crown grief.
    You should read up on how she treated her family once she had her hooks into her current meal ticket

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You should read up on how she treated her family once she had her hooks into her current meal ticket
    Hah! Her Wikipedia page gets updated (ie, cleansed) more often than Kamala Harris'. She has gone to great lengths to prevent the world knowing what a worm she is.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    jggny4kre0m61.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That makes her different from any other entitled celebrity or royal how? Look, she might be a bottom feeder, but if her account is true, and I haven’t seen anyone say it isn’t, then there’s some valid complaints.
    Sure, I get wondering about the skin tone of a coming b/w bi-racial child. But it that isn’t a conversation you want to verbalize to the parents, unless you want to get punched in the nose. So that’s a pretty significant f-up.

And then you have the denials of the titles to their children. I’m not fully versed in current royal protocols, but the children of both of Prince Charles’ brothers hold titles... Princess Anne’s kids don’t, I’m not sure why, but assume it has something to due her being a woman.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My take - for what it's worth.... Harry is a just a tragic, minor actor in this whole drama. Young, single, titled and RICH - a ripe target for a petty, conniving and EVIL second rate actress. She sunk her hooks into him, knowing full well what lay in store and the benefits SHE could get out of a marriage to a Royal. I suspect the plans for the invasion of Iwo Jima pale before the details of hers for him. For her, it is a win win - her personal social and public standing soars. She now has the "bully pulpit" to manipulate the public how-so-ever she desires. She is now hooked to an $88 billion lineage. She can ride the Royal side as long as she wants and manipulate her (poor) "prince" (without a title) any way she wants. To top it all, she has two trading pieces (the baby and the soon to be) that will guarantee her sympathy from the public and with which she can manipulate the Royal Family however she thinks she will achieve the most personal gain. This all being said, I suspect that she and her hubby will flounder at some near point and recognizing this, she will cast Harry aside for some other (young) possibility that will enhance her public persona. She will still have the two (or more) children that she can attach to the Royal t*t and suck ongoing riches for her. If I could better define the word bit*ch, I would use the term "Megan".
    Hold on now. You’re saying Harry is a victim? He’s a grown man, in control of his faculties, military, educated, and independent. He wasn’t some wayward fly caught in the spider’s web. He went in, eyes open. If there was a significant issue with Markle, you can imagine if anybody knew, the crown did, and made it known.

Just out of curiosity. What’s was your opinion of Princess Di?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hold on now. You’re saying Harry is a victim? He’s a grown man, in control of his faculties, military, educated, and independent. He wasn’t some wayward fly caught in the spider’s web. He went in, eyes open. If there was a significant issue with Markle, you can imagine if anybody knew, the crown did, and made it known.

You might keep in mind that Princess Di was selected and approaches by decision of the Queen for having the right pedigree when Charles really wanted and had been involved with Camilla who lacked acceptable pedigree. Consequently the young naive/immature soon to be princess found herself in a situation that I am thankful I did not have to figure out how to manage. By 180 degree contrast, where the firm hunted Diana, Meghan actively hunted Harry with a laser focus on finding her way into the Royal family for self-serving reasons.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside

I said he was a tragic, minor actor not a victim. IndyDave 1776 adequately answered the Princess Di question. I believe she (Di) was a victim; heck, Charles only married her for the cosmetics. She didn't go bat sh*t until later. Megan is (in my humble opinion) already bat sh*t nuts and I repeat, a petty, conniving and EVIL second rate actress. Someone, upthread, used an old saying "...there is her story, the Royal Family story (which no one has heard) and the truth lies somewhere in between."

This whole issue doesn't rate the time and small effort I have already expended. I'm not sure why I replied in the first place. Everyone have a good day.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That makes her different from any other entitled celebrity or royal how? Look, she might be a bottom feeder, but if her account is true, and I haven’t seen anyone say it isn’t, then there’s some valid complaints.
    Sure, I get wondering about the skin tone of a coming b/w bi-racial child. But it that isn’t a conversation you want to verbalize to the parents, unless you want to get punched in the nose. So that’s a pretty significant f-up.
    This is the next closest thing to an unnamed source. They do not name the official, so the story cannot be fact checked; and let's just say Meghan has a reputation of being manipulative
    And then you have the denials of the titles to their children. I’m not fully versed in current royal protocols, but the children of both of Prince Charles’ brothers hold titles... Princess Anne’s kids don’t, I’m not sure why, but assume it has something to due her being a woman.
    The final say on titles lies with the Queen. They are conferred more often then inherited. Charles' firstborn was not guaranteed the dukedom nor any place as an heir to the throne. Royal blood is necessary but not sufficient. Charles could have been stripped of his position in the line of succession solely for divorcing Diana and remarrying a commoner

I'm not sure what Meghan's end game might be, an attempt to force the RF to confer a title on Archie or to leverage her victim status to prop up her 'brand'

Do not forget that both William and Andrew are full blooded royals as scions of Charles and Diana. Had they been the issue of Charles and Camilla, likely things would be different with them as well - half commoner is exactly the position Andrew and Meghan's offspring are in. I predict she will not be able to force the RF to ennoble their children if that is her goal

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If it were political and not family, I may agree.

...if I could work up that much of an opinion.

Top Bottom