Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I've typed and deleted this 3/4 times .
    Because me responding means it matters and CM will kick my azz or want cheeseburgers
    F**k them and feed them fish heads !

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It honestly blows my mind. The whole King Edward VIII being made to leave, how? You're the freaking King of England. Your face is on money. Who the hell has the power to tell you what to do?
    Simple, after he abdicated the throne he was no longer king. His brother became king.
    We Rid ourselves of the British 240 years ago, I care not what goes on there
    Pretty much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, did he go on Ed Sullivan (or whatever) and cry about how they were mean to him? There is a huge difference between Edward and Andrew. I don't recall Wallis leading him around by the short hairs, either
    Like I said, he was banned from giving interviews and exiled from the UK.
    And I suggest you read up more on Wallis Simpson.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    A firearm forum siding with a family that actively tried to stop our country's Independence, would've forced some of the strictest gun laws on us if we had not prevailed and trashing the lone American in it all. Interesting.
    Americans know an entitled, manipulative, prick when we see one. So do British Royals. Now, they may be image- and status-obsessed inbred professional loafers. But the Royal Family is also like an element on the Periodic Table - its properties were known long ago. We are not required to "take-up-for" any third party who has an issue with them. They apparently have pegged Meghan Markle as trash. And they are not wrong.

The Royal Family, any royal family, is not a meritocracy based on enlightenment principles of reason, equality, and merit. It is an anachronism. But this was not unknown to Meghan Markle, going in. The final devastating truth about Meghan Markle is that she was perfectly happy and willing to be part of a Family whose influence derived from undemocratic means via hereditary status, as long as that status could be conferred upon her partially-black son through the non-meritocratic institution of marriage. To put it bluntly, she wanted her child to be given House N- status, the House denied the request, and now she wants to go on Oprah and point out the tautology that the Plantation is a Plantation.

Anybody who's interested in this issue, needs to be questioning why she was on that plantation in the first place. I think that question has been answered above. She is a trashy person, but was happy to be in a trashy situation, as long as she felt she was getting her fair share.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not even close to a universal truth. Skin tone among blacks is a pretty common topic of conversation. I have a mixed race daughter, and we openly discuss her skin tone and the skin tone of her children. Open conversations without any racial bias is pretty common in mixed race families. Heck, it's even good-naturedly joked about sometimes. Of course, when people are looking for things to be offended about, the topic will be taboo. I didn't raise my kids to be looking for things to be offended about, though.
    Why do you discuss the skin tone of your daughter and her children? To what purpose or intent.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Americans know an entitled, manipulative, prick when we see one. So do British Royals. Now, they may be image- and status-obsessed inbred professional loafers. But the Royal Family is also like an element on the Periodic Table - its properties were known long ago. We are not required to "take-up-for" any third party who has an issue with them. They apparently have pegged Meghan Markle as trash. And they are not wrong.

The Royal Family, any royal family, is not a meritocracy based on enlightenment principles of reason, equality, and merit. It is an anachronism. But this was not unknown to Meghan Markle, going in. The final devastating truth about Meghan Markle is that she was perfectly happy and willing to be part of a Family whose influence derived from undemocratic means via hereditary status, as long as that status could be conferred upon her partially-black son through the non-meritocratic institution of marriage. To put it bluntly, she wanted her child to be given House N- status, the House denied the request, and now she wants to go on Oprah and point out the tautology that the Plantation is a Plantation.

Anybody who's interested in this issue, needs to be questioning why she was on that plantation in the first place. I think that question has been answered above. She is a trashy person, but was happy to be in a trashy situation, as long as she felt she was getting her fair share.
    Its amazing to me how many people on here are personal friends with Meghan and know the complete in's and out's of her personal life. Lets take your example of entitled, manipulative, prick and see who else we can name that may be very popular on here.
    Entitled: Born into money, got a million dollar loan from his father. Check
    Manipulative: Openly discusses how he manipulated tax loopholes to benefit him. Check
    Prick: Very well known for attacking people on twitter. Check

hmmm

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Its amazing to me how many people on here are personal friends with Meghan and know the complete in's and out's of her personal life. Lets take your example of entitled, manipulative, prick and see who else we can name that may be very popular on here.
    Manipulative: Openly discusses how he manipulated tax loopholes to benefit him. Check

hmmm
    Didn't marry into money, made his own. No check
    Grabbed 'em by the *****, not *****-whipped. No check
    Successful in both politics and business, not 2nd rate royal or 4th rate actress. No check
    Not woke, doesn't see racism everywhere. No check
    Didn't whinge about how intrusive the press was and then try to use them when it suits. No check
    Loves America. No check

Hmmm, indeed

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Didn't marry into money, made his own. No check
    Grabbed 'em by the *****, not *****-whipped. No check
    Successful in both politics and business, not 2nd rate royal or 4th rate actress. No check
    Not woke, doesn't see racism everywhere. No check
    Didn't whinge about how intrusive the press was and then try to use them when it suits. No check
    Loves America. No check

Hmmm, indeed
    Being proud of sexual assault?

tough look.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

hmmm
    Your attempt at deflection is noted. And Trump is indeed a crass ass. I would much prefer to have voted for someone more presentable, who represented the correct policies. The GOP, LP, and DP just haven't given me that option. Yet. I am hopeful. (Somewhat).

But back to Meghan. If she were taking some kind of principled position against Privilege, and seemed in the least reflective about her own involvement in it, it would be a lot easier to take her seriously. But she's not doing that - she's just mad she's not getting her fair share. She knowingly married into civilization's archetypical Cradle of Privilege. Then - and only then - when she didn't feel like she was getting her fair share, she talked to her agent, copped a tude, and played the race-card.

I have to wonder if the off-color remark really even happened, the way she said it did. Oprah might not have even interviewed her, without that salacious bit. And I suspect she knew that. It is the classic example of an un-refutable claim, as long as you don't name names, which she didn't. It is obvious from the interview that the lack of a title for Archie is what really frosted her, and I wonder if she felt she needed "something else" to legitimize this and make it "justice-worthy."

Aw hell No. This interview didn't take courage. "Naming names?" Now _that_ would have taken courage. But it would have also offered the public the possibility of getting the other side of events. I understand there are "reasons" for not wanting to do that. But that's why it takes courage. Because without that, this is nothing but a payoff.

Last edited:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Not to derail yet another thread, but I do have a serious question. What are these peoples last names? Prince this, queen that, but what are their last names? I tried an internet search and it lead to no useful information.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not to derail yet another thread, but I do have a serious question. What are these peoples last names? Prince this, queen that, but what are their last names? I tried an internet search and it lead to no useful information.
    George, although with the royal family they generally just use title and first name.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So their last name is a first name? I thought that was a redneck hillbilly thang.
    Maybe just an inbred thing?

What's funny is that King George iv was the Queens father and last name was George. His birth given name wasn't George, he adopted George IV when he assumed the throne.

Top Bottom