• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    We see evidence of this all time in the world. Rioting, looting, and the areas of the world where there is no real rule of law.

Yes indeed its a sad commentary on humanity in general that no mater what the apocalyptic event in addition other people are going to be as much a threat as the event itself. And common sense tells you that we are stronger together than praying off each other.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    +1 to Hookeye! IMHO it is not as good as it could be, you can really tell that the writers aren't the same kinda drifts from the S1 feel....I am not saying I could do better, then again, it isnt my j-o-b. Also, on a side note, I want to know what happened to Morgan* and his son from S1.(*the guy and his son that helped Rick after the hospital in the S1 opener.)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    +1 to Hookeye! IMHO it is not as good as it could be, you can really tell that the writers aren't the same kinda drifts from the S1 feel....I am not saying I could do better, then again, it isnt my j-o-b. Also, on a side note, I want to know what happened to Morgan* and his son from S1.(*the guy and his son that helped Rick after the hospital in the S1 opener.)

You just hit on what I was thinking for some time, that Morgan and his son might be with Randall's former group!

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I can't agree!

Dale's morality only accounted for the world as he saw it, not the world that exists or the world that existed before the zombies were around. He refuses to even consider that killing someone isn't always wrong. In this case, killing the kid they took with them could easily be considered an act of self-defense, which is rational and well within the moral and ethical boundaries of many good people.

Dale equated any killing of a living person with murder and that's just not factual. I don't see his position as reasoned, logical, or honorable (at all). He was all about emotion and he struck me as a coward, not a thinker.

Given the luxury of time, I probably would have tried harder to find alternatives to killing the Randall character than did most of the cast, but I won't say I would not have reached the same conclusion given the circumstances, potential threat, and available options for solving the problem.

And now I have no idea why I'm even thinking about this! I just like watching zombie shows!!!

Agreed. However, I would have left his ass speared on the fence for Zombie food. You take a shot at me, all bets are off. you're on your own son... good luck

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Next season a trip to Washington DC to see Obama/Pelosi/ and Schumer zombies would increase viewership.

Or, it would kill the show. Remember Fonzi "jumping the shark" on Happy Days. Its widely credited as the demise of the show. The term has even become TV parlance for what to do when there is nothing left to do in a series. Going to Washington DC to deal with Obummer/Pelosi et al would be akin to 'jumping the shark.'

But it would be kind of fun!!!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Or, it would kill the show. Remember Fonzi "jumping the shark" on Happy Days. Its widely credited as the demise of the show. The term has even become TV parlance for what to do when there is nothing left to do in a series. Going to Washington DC to deal with Obummer/Pelosi et al would be akin to 'jumping the shark.'

But it would be kind of fun!!!

Very true. Besides, even if they were zombies they'd be stuck in some fortified bunker somewhere and not roaming DC...

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    You just hit on what I was thinking for some time, that Morgan and his son might be with Randall's former group!

That would be interesting. Find out that Morgan has turned to the dark side, or maybe forced to stay with a few lunatics for safety. Much like Rick has thrown in with Shane. Or, if Rick's group discovers another group that is JUST like them, the capture one of the guys and torture him, imprison them, and the other group decides to declare war on Rick's group because of that, where as if Rick's group were more "human" they could have joined forces.

All kinds of interesting things can happen. ONCE THEY GET OFF THE FARM!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    right after high school i met a girl from a close by town. We partied and she got a little drunk and got sick. Next party i saw her at we had a good time. It has been 27 years and I have never again seen her, No zombies about either even with me working the locals to find her again.

Morgan and the Kid are like that. If they meet up again I am going to call it a unbeileveable plot twist. Second only to Rick finding his wife and kid.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Agreed. However, I would have left his ass speared on the fence for Zombie food. You take a shot at me, all bets are off. you're on your own son... good luck

There is that!

Plus, stopping to rescue him put all three of the in greater danger than was necessary.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I can't agree!

Dale's morality only accounted for the world as he saw it, not the world that exists or the world that existed before the zombies were around. He refuses to even consider that killing someone isn't always wrong. In this case, killing the kid they took with them could easily be considered an act of self-defense, which is rational and well within the moral and ethical boundaries of many good people.

Dale equated any killing of a living person with murder and that's just not factual. I don't see his position as reasoned, logical, or honorable (at all). He was all about emotion and he struck me as a coward, not a thinker.

Given the luxury of time, I probably would have tried harder to find alternatives to killing the Randall character than did most of the cast, but I won't say I would not have reached the same conclusion given the circumstances, potential threat, and available options for solving the problem.

And now I have no idea why I'm even thinking about this! I just like watching zombie shows!!!

Man, I don't get the same reading as Dale. I don't remember him stating that the killing of any living person was murder. Do you remember what episode or situation he said that?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, I don't get the same reading as Dale. I don't remember him stating that the killing of any living person was murder. Do you remember what episode or situation he said that?

I don't think he ever stated it explicitly. It was my interpretation of the character's belief. I apologize if that was unclear!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    did this show turn out to be any good?

I got bored after a few episodes, but it seems like many are still watching.

I cant stop watching for the mere fact i want to see what happens next. Kind of like watching the first half-3 qtrs. of a movie, i have to finish it.

They should have kept the original writers, this second season is well below average imo, only 2 or 3 episodes really worth watching imo.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Many people reference the turn over of writers. I like the second season just as well as the first. I never liked horror / Zombie movies, but I'm watching this. Just a bunch of mindless killing of creatures already dead would have turned me off. Far to much about Zombies dont make any sense, why dont they just rot away into nothing, etc... So as long as there are strong characters and a decent story I will keep watching. If it turns into another stupid Zombie kill fest I'm out.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I've seen less Mexican carry in rap videos.

I get it for many of the people but you'd think at least the former cops would have a decent holster.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom