Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I do not understand why everyone is so surprised that people are coming back???:dunno::dunno:

The vast majority of zombies were created when millions of people died from the initial viral infection. This death did not create any wounds on bodies. On the contrary, the majority of people who are reanimated should be in various states of reasonable healthy appearance with only the clothes on that would have been normal for a sick person home in bed or under medical care.

Everyone living has been exposed to the virus over their time from post infection to present. Currently every human being on the planet is carrying a wide variety of diseases in our saliva, so now in this world you are carrying one (1) more.

My hypothesis would be that for every living human being their immune system is operating and keeping the virus / bacteria / whatever in check. Once deceased the immune system shuts down and the disease is able to spread rapidly before the body cools down. For such rapid reanimation to occur this would mean that necessary regions of the body are already infected.

Now if you want to get really scientific their version of Dr. Robert Neville showed how the basic brain operations remained intact while the rest was shut down. If so, this would mean that damage to the frontal lobe like Glen did for Daryl would do nothing as the frontal lobe is not relevant for dead body animation. Therefore, to permanently kill an animated corpse aka zombie would require damage to the cerebellum directly. Naturally, damage to the frontal lobe by a high velocity round would cause collateral damage by hydrostatic shock. However such damage would NOT occur from a low impact blow such as a knife or crossbow bolt unless such a blow coincidentally impacted the cerebellum. Thus, for best results a firearm to any portion of the brain would be good enough or a knife or crossbow bolt directly to the cerebellum would then suffice to terminate post corpus animation.

I will justify the above paragraph of :poop: as the gamer in me running wild in a futile attempt to explain to the players in my game why my zombies are killed by a shot to the head and should not be depended upon in any potential future zombie apocalypse.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I am willing to bet the farm will be stinky at the end.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My prob is with the crossbow bolts. He uses field tips.

Field tips displace material with minimal damage (makes your target last longer).

They'd simply pierce and or push aside tissue- not enough damage.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I agree, everybody is infected.
    Zombie bites don't turn you, they just kill you (and then you turn).

Dale Expiration episode: On the "Talking Dead" discussion after, Nicotero directed it.

Name sounded familiar............yup, I remembered him being on the special effects team for "Evil Dead 2".

Evidently I haven't drank enough beer ;)

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Anyone else get tired of the sound of Shane's Glock cocking every time he presented it? Sorry if this has been mentioned before; I don't feel like reading 70 pages of thread to see.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Maybe they'll bury him with his gun.
    I don't care for Rick either.........if he goes (soon please) I hope somebody keeps his gun a blastin' after they plant him.

Anybody notice night-time wonder-shot Carl's HP wasn't cocked after firing?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thinkin' out loud again.

Lori loses baby during birth, it turns into zombie.

No I haven't read the books, won't, just think they'll do something shocker like that..........end of next season.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Any resentment I felt toward the writers over the course of 2 seasons was completely expunged at the moment Shane died. I could hear the hallelujah chorus.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Notice how fast Shane changed?

Yeah, he was acting more weird before he got knifed.......but I'm thinking the more angry a person is, the more they act like Dale said "not human", the faster they turn after they die.

Blondie's sister took a while didn't she?

Oh well, maybe it's the figurative turning literal.

Don't think they are turning before expiration, the guards with no marks a red herring.

Last edited:

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Note to self:
    If you ever land a gig on Walking Dead, don't **** off the writers, or ask for a raise! :stickpoke:

Jeez, they drop good solid actors/characters like hotcakes. At this rate, do they even have enough actors to get all the way through a third season without introducing several new people? :dunno:

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    For those who haven't read the books, when Shane gets it from Carl he hasn't even turned yet. I'm going to say they don't kill off Rick until the end, since he's the focus of the show. I'll bet he's a changed man now, though.

PS for those who have read the books (trying not to spoil too much for those who haven't), what do you think the chances are of seeing a certain very tough female entering the picture at the end of next week's episode?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    For those who haven't read the books, when Shane gets it from Carl he hasn't even turned yet. I'm going to say they don't kill off Rick until the end, since he's the focus of the show. I'll bet he's a changed man now, though.

PS for those who have read the books (trying not to spoil too much for those who haven't), what do you think the chances are of seeing a certain very tough female entering the picture at the end of next week's episode?

Not sure about next week .... but im thinking 100% early next season .... even mentioned it to a buddy last night after he said season three should be a doozy.

Wonder if they will find all the ammo Shane stashed before they get swarmed?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I agree, the dialogue was wuss and overdone.
    It is too much of a soap opera.
    But maybe the slaughter will be good next week.
    I hope they use cool/good guns, screw the cheap stuff.

With 2 of the main characters gone that allows the thin story line to accept 2 new ones, or allow satellites to become primary (and get new satellites).

I suspect Glen's sweety to move into the limelight.

Flush from the house............if that happens it's because Hershel is dead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom