• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i would have agreed a 2+ weeks ago .... but he clearly didnt expect Shane to come back :dunno:

I didn't see it that way. I pretty sure Rick knew Shane would turn. However, I don't think he thought it would happen in mere minutes. How long has it been since the group has seen someone "turn?" The last person I can think of, was Andrea's sister, and she died at night and didnt turn til the next day.

BEHalper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Just a random thought I had earlier while watching an episode of season one. This is probably just the gun fanatic in me talking, but with all the military road blocks and stuff they've came across, Why haven't they picked up one or 2 of them Ma Deuce's laying around and mounted them to the top of that old RV. Can anyone else think of a better zombie lawn mower than a .50 caliber mounted machine gun?

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Who, in that group, would know the first thing about how to operate and maintain one? A couple small-town cops? Glenn? The blonde bimbo? Carl? :dunno:

Am I incorrect in thinking that most people on here (no military training but some general firearms knowledge) would be able to fumble their way into loading and shooting one? The basics have got to be there in some capacity-put rounds here, charge here, pull here to fire --right?

Now takedown would be impossible or at least a PITA without a youtube video up and running I'm sure.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Am I incorrect in thinking that most people on here (no military training but some general firearms knowledge) would be able to fumble their way into loading and shooting one?

Actually, yes. :twocents: I've got a pretty good amount of experience shooting a variety of different types of guns, and I wouldn't feel comfortable operating an Ma Deuce with no coaching. Besides which, INGOers in general are "gun people" - the folks in the group don't seem to be, even though a few of them may have owned/carried guns prior to the Zombie Apocalypse.

And even if they did grab up a Ma Deuce or an M240, how much ammo could they realistically haul with them to keep it fed? Or spare barrels, for when they burn one out hosing down the zombie hordes? All very real things to consider, although I'm sure the producers of the show did not (i.e. the group's lack of real firepower is simply a plot device).

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've often wondered why they didn't grab an M4 or M16 laying around the few times they were there. The police should at least be familiar with them somewhat. I don't know though I think you're correct about the plot, from the sound of it th eother group of folks have some good stuff.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Who, in that group, would know the first thing about how to operate and maintain one? A couple small-town cops? Glenn? The blonde bimbo? Carl? :dunno:

No but Carl would be the first one to finger bang it and probably kill half the group.

Actually, yes. :twocents: I've got a pretty good amount of experience shooting a variety of different types of guns, and I wouldn't feel comfortable operating an Ma Deuce with no coaching. Besides which, INGOers in general are "gun people" - the folks in the group don't seem to be, even though a few of them may have owned/carried guns prior to the Zombie Apocalypse.

And even if they did grab up a Ma Deuce or an M240, how much ammo could they realistically haul with them to keep it fed? Or spare barrels, for when they burn one out hosing down the zombie hordes? All very real things to consider, although I'm sure the producers of the show did not (i.e. the group's lack of real firepower is simply a plot device).

I haven't operated any crew served weapons in years, it would take me some time for it to come back. A civilian could figure it out if he / she had time. But practicing with that 50 would bring a whole bunch of walkers down on you. You saw what a couple of gun shots did last week.

I'm amazed the smart guys haven't gone though some gun shops. They could also keep a eye out for suppressors for weapons.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I didn't see it that way. I pretty sure Rick knew Shane would turn. However, I don't think he thought it would happen in mere minutes. How long has it been since the group has seen someone "turn?" The last person I can think of, was Andrea's sister, and she died at night and didnt turn til the next day.

If this was the case, Rick should be in deep doodoo for not telling the rest of the group and putting everyones lives at stake for not sharing such info

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode. Trapped in a farmhouse with the undead clawing at the door? What a great homage to the original Night of the Living Dead.

Oooh, they should shoot it in black & white (a double tribute to the comic and NotLD).

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Crew served weapons would be sweet against stupid, slow moving walkers.

Wouldn't be much of a show if they had a few humvees w/ Mk19s and M2s mounted up, now would it?

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.

I would think a machine gun would be a terrible choice for taking out zombies. Considering you need a head-shot to drop one for good that vast majority of the ammo thrown by one would be wasted. In that regard they'd be much better off with M4s

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    dnewe0.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would think a machine gun would be a terrible choice for taking out zombies. Considering you need a head-shot to drop one for good that vast majority of the ammo thrown by one would be wasted. In that regard they'd be much better off with M4s

Well it depends, here we go with stuff that makes no sense. A Ma Deuce does a lot of damage. You can literally cut down small trees with it. So rotting Zombies should be easy to cut in half. If you dont kill them with a head shot you would be tearing them apart and making them immobile. Just disconnected body parts flailing about. Effectively nutulizing the threat. At this point of the infection there should not be much holding the dead together.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Unless they're in large groups (rare) or the actor complains about the director, zombies aren't much of a threat. Knowing where they're going next season (possibly beyond based on the graphic novels, but the show only seems to be 'loosely based' on them), the walkers aren't going to be the group's main problem anyway.

Right guv'na?

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    dude, wtf is up with rick giving the pistol to carl too?!?!?...dont teach your son that stealiing is ok..dumbass! make him apologize and give it back to daryll....no wonder that kids a retard..he gets it from both his parents...shane was right, he is a better father

And no discussion of safety either. Here kid stick this in your pants and be a man. I wouldn't trust that kid with a broken slingshot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom