• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No. Just exactly as rare per capita as they are now. Now, if you want to argue rarity per square mile, then yeah, their population density will plummet, but so will every one else's. And when, then, the survivors of an apocalypse, rare though they are, congregate into fortified areas, like Alexandria, you get just as great a likelihood that two homosexuals might come into contact and find themselves compatible and hit it off, as you have two heterosexuals might come into contact, find themselves compatible, and hit it off.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone else brought up the 3% number. That being the case, unless homosexuals have some sort of disproportionate resilience to the disease, you would think they would be rare as hen's teeth.

Not really, when you consider the places the show has traveled. Atlanta, has for as long as I remember, be considered the "San Francisco of the South," and DC has an absolutely huge gay population too. So, it's not really a huge stretch, than say if the show originated in Arkansas and they traveled to Kansas or something.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bet if you escape to Kansas during the zombie apocalypse you will find gay people. Maybe more so since the traditional social structure has been interrupted.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    My general question is this...where were your complaints re: Tara being gay back with the governors group.

I rest my case.
    Your case is far from rested. The girls didn't suck face. I wish just one time Hollywood would leave out the social issues and stop trying to make a politically correct "statement".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your case is far from rested. The girls didn't suck face. I wish just one time Hollywood would leave out the social issues and stop trying to make a politically correct "statement".

Ok, so the walking dead has had numerous on-screen kisses. And you call it PC when the first gay kisses is aired? I mean, a guy that has been beat up, by an unknown group (which has threatened to kill him), is re-united with his partner, who he knew was in trouble(shot the flare), and he had no ability of help due to being detained at the time by the maid group. So up on being back together, their "I'm glad youre alright" kiss is Hollywood throwing PC upon us? Geez. I'm not into the gheys, but hell, why can't they be represented too?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't know if we are going to see Negan, per se. I believe it was one of the producers on "The Talking Dead" last year that said Gareth was an amalgamation of several bad guys from the comics. Negan, if I recall correctly, was hinted at being blended into Gareth.

I don't get how the show would be any less "exciting" IF Alexandria were "safe?" Safety is a relative term. Even with a safe home base there would still be tremendous risk when going out to scavenge, clearing zombies, meeting other groups and maybe(?) inviting them to stay. Some of those groups may have stronger antisocial tendencies. Of course, there would always be concern of someone getting sick and dying inside the safe zone, thus becoming an internal zombie threat.

Then there would be internal politics on a much larger scale.

If they make Alexandria safe compared to the rest of the world it will still be a very dangerous place for decades to come. The show has to shift gears of some sort or it will become like "Wagon Train", always moving west and NEVER getting there...? I know they used to do that with quite a few TV shows but we are a much more mature and savvy audience today.

Regarding carrying guns that would be a large problem. I do not have a huge collection but if I had to bug out and leave I could not carry everything I have AND the ammo for it in one (1) trip. Someone would get some olde Mausers and Mosins with a couple of crates of surplus ammo. Ammo is heavy, but you know that. What does bother me a bit is that if you cleared an area I think you would have a crapton (yes, that is a word, I made it up) of mismatched stuff. Multiple hunting shotguns, rifles and some pistols thrown in. Calibers would vary, but I do believe at some point you would find someones stash of a couple thousand rounds of .45, or 9mm, or 7.62x39mm and that would become standard for several members just due to logistical simplicity. I believe anyone and everyone could have a 12 gauge if they wanted one.

Regards,

Doug

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

They didn't "make" an issue. They included normal human social structure.

I would say there would be at least as many gay relationships (on a percentage) in an apocalyptic situation. You choose a partner from what is available, in many cases. And many people have some homosexual attractions, even if their heterosexual attractions normally overwhelm that.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm more disturbed by product placement, sparklingly clean all-the-time automobiles that came out after the first season. Nevermind the bare armpits and manicured lawns of the zombie apocalypse. Who is gonna take the time to wash their 2013 Hyundai Tuscon in a zombie apocalypse that started in 2010?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So, out of the people we know about right now there's MAYBE 50 people and we know of at least 3 gay people - twice the average. That's the only point I'm making.

I'm not anti-gay either, just think the numbers are a little skewed. That's all.

In the preview of next week's episode the new group - once again like all the other groups - requires giving up their weapons. No freaking way. If you trust us, you trust us. Period. I wouldn't live anywhere now that restricted my carry rights and I sure as he11 wouldn't give them up in an post-apocalyptic scenario. Definite deal breaker for me.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I was liking the episode until they actually made into the place. I kept thinking they'd realize it was a set up and rick would beat some ass. I really hope they don't join another closed wall group. Been there done that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, out of the people we know about right now there's MAYBE 50 people and we know of at least 3 gay people - twice the average. That's the only point I'm making.

I'm not anti-gay either, just think the numbers are a little skewed. That's all.

In the preview of next week's episode the new group - once again like all the other groups - requires giving up their weapons. No freaking way. If you trust us, you trust us. Period. I wouldn't live anywhere now that restricted my carry rights and I sure as he11 wouldn't give them up in an post-apocalyptic scenario. Definite deal breaker for me.

Actually, we have been interested introduced to many more people throughout the course of the show. The Atlanta survivors, which were about 20-25. The nursing home guys and their patients 40-50. Rachel's farm 8, or 9. The Prison 5. Woodbury 70-80. The Governor's 2nd group 40 or so. The hospital 30 or 40. Terminus... 60-70. Not to mention random groups they've encountered. And one thing I just remembered... in the comic, 2 of the prisoners were gay... well, kinda... that whole prison dynamic thing.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Actually, we have been interested introduced to many more people throughout the course of the show. The Atlanta survivors, which were about 20-25. The nursing home guys and their patients 40-50. Rachel's farm 8, or 9. The Prison 5. Woodbury 70-80. The Governor's 2nd group 40 or so. The hospital 30 or 40. Terminus... 60-70. Not to mention random groups they've encountered. And one thing I just remembered... in the comic, 2 of the prisoners were gay... well, kinda... that whole prison dynamic thing.

OK, well there was the other gay girl that died in the prison fight, so there's 4, but we don't know enough out of the others to know if there are more gays. I'm saying about 50 that we actually know something about and at least 4 of them professed being gay. It's common for television and movies to exaggerate the gay population well above 3%.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK, well there was the other gay girl that died in the prison fight, so there's 4, but we don't know enough out of the others to know if there are more gays. I'm saying about 50 that we actually know something about and at least 4 of them professed being gay. It's common for television and movies to exaggerate the gay population well above 3%.

You keeping track 'eh? :gheyhi:

Lol, I just go uggh! Imagine a 70s era Pam Grief, in a clothes ripping cat fight, and banish the previously seen image to oblivion.

View attachment 36139

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You did mean Pam Grier, right? A.k.a. Foxy Brown?

If I were the Grand High Poobah of a fortified community like Woodbury or Alexandria, I'd make damn sure anyone being inducted, individual or group, who had weapons would be met with a 1-1 or even 2-1 group of my own with known good weapons and allow the new comers to keep their weapons through the induction process, even in face to face meetings with me. Many reasons for this.

1) Equanimity. I know if I were walking into an unknown situation, I'd demand to keep my own weapons so that I felt safe until I became confident enough in the new environment to let my guard down.

2) Be ready for anything. New people approaching the walls could be trailing walkers they didn't even know were there. If an induction leads to/coincides with an undead assault for whatever reason, the more barrels/arrows/blades ready to immediately point at the zeds, the better.

3) Information. The culmination of the induction process would be a visit to the armory, not to deposit their weapons for safekeeping, because, of course, all weapons in my community will be kept centrally and not in private accommodations, because that would be foolish, amirite?, but because I want to know what condition they're in, what kind of ammunition to feed them, etc. A live fire demo, by the inductee himself, will show that they are actually competent with the weapon, and confident enough in its operation to fire it in a controlled environment. If the newcomer is going to be sent on a scavenging or recon mission, I'd prefer it to be with their own weapon with which they are most familiar/comfortable, but one that I am confident will bring them back.

4) Expeditiousness. Starting off an induction with a quasi-hostage situation will just not be conducive to the inductees wanting to stay and live and integrate into my community quickly, if at all. Even if they answered all of our questions to our satisfaction and had knowledge/skills our community needed and would be well taken care of while assisting us, and were provided with superb hygiene, food, fresh clothing, and given the best accommodations in the community for the night, being stripped of the means of immediate self-defense in the middle of a zombie apocalypse would not endear us to their hearts and make it more likely that they would just eat breakfast in the morning followed by a "Thanks, but no thanks, I'll just be on my way." in the morning. Being able to sleep with their battle weapon by their side after all of the other hospitality would go a long way toward instilling in the newcomer the sense of safety and security my community would be striving for for all of our permanent members.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You did mean Pam Grier, right? A.k.a. Foxy Brown?

If I were the Grand High Poobah of a fortified community like Woodbury or Alexandria, I'd make damn sure anyone being inducted, individual or group, who had weapons would be met with a 1-1 or even 2-1 group of my own with known good weapons and allow the new comers to keep their weapons through the induction process, even in face to face meetings with me. Many reasons for this.

1) Equanimity. I know if I were walking into an unknown situation, I'd demand to keep my own weapons so that I felt safe until I became confident enough in the new environment to let my guard down.

2) Be ready for anything. New people approaching the walls could be trailing walkers they didn't even know were there. If an induction leads to/coincides with an undead assault for whatever reason, the more barrels/arrows/blades ready to immediately point at the zeds, the better.

3) Information. The culmination of the induction process would be a visit to the armory, not to deposit their weapons for safekeeping, because, of course, all weapons in my community will be kept centrally and not in private accommodations, because that would be foolish, amirite?, but because I want to know what condition they're in, what kind of ammunition to feed them, etc. A live fire demo, by the inductee himself, will show that they are actually competent with the weapon, and confident enough in its operation to fire it in a controlled environment. If the newcomer is going to be sent on a scavenging or recon mission, I'd prefer it to be with their own weapon with which they are most familiar/comfortable, but one that I am confident will bring them back.

4) Expeditiousness. Starting off an induction with a quasi-hostage situation will just not be conducive to the inductees wanting to stay and live and integrate into my community quickly, if at all. Even if they answered all of our questions to our satisfaction and had knowledge/skills our community needed and would be well taken care of while assisting us, and were provided with superb hygiene, food, fresh clothing, and given the best accommodations in the community for the night, being stripped of the means of immediate self-defense in the middle of a zombie apocalypse would not endear us to their hearts and make it more likely that they would just eat breakfast in the morning followed by a "Thanks, but no thanks, I'll just be on my way." in the morning. Being able to sleep with their battle weapon by their side after all of the other hospitality would go a long way toward instilling in the newcomer the sense of safety and security my community would be striving for for all of our permanent members.

Yes Grier, damn auto correct

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom