• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Love rules, even in the Zombie Apocalypse. And that's fine with me. On the other hand, Rick's bad decisions have gotten a lot of people killed but lately, his beard-game is totally on point.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Southeast Asian drivers.... Am I right?

Fixed it for you.

There's a reason my truck is a mess on the outside and it's different than the reason it's a mess on the inside! I inherited my driving genes from my dad.

The two new characters are good guys in the comics. I don't anticipate them being baddies in the tv show, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their community is a safe haven!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Anyone catch the roadsign while they were walking to the rv & car the first time?
    It was a Junction sign, but read "JTC" instead of "JCT" I think it was 16? I'll need to go back and view it again

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Rick hides the handgun just outside the perimeter as a fall back, just like at Terminus only then it was a whole bag of goodies. I think a whole bag would have been a better plan and I think the group would have went along with it. They may wish later they'd planted more of a fall back plan. It never hurts to have a fall back plan even if you never use it.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the sense of the group was one of desperation and denial. Desperation to be off the road and someplace where they can get a shower, hot meal, and warm bed any time they feel like it, and denial that Alexandria could be anything like Woodbury or Terminus or the Atlanta hospital. Rick was swimming upstream with his caution. I don't think, "Okay, everyone, let's get a big duffel bag full of guns so I can go bury it nearby in a place only I know before we walk into the mouth of Hell." would go over very well, especially within earshot of Aaron and Eric. A Glock in a grody blender carafe was about the best Rick could do after a cursory, "I need some private time," which could be as simple as cover for dropping a deuce behind a bush.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I think the sense of the group was one of desperation and denial. Desperation to be off the road and someplace where they can get a shower, hot meal, and warm bed any time they feel like it, and denial that Alexandria could be anything like Woodbury or Terminus or the Atlanta hospital. Rick was swimming upstream with his caution. I don't think, "Okay, everyone, let's get a big duffel bag full of guns so I can go bury it nearby in a place only I know before we walk into the mouth of Hell." would go over very well, especially within earshot of Aaron and Eric. A Glock in a grody blender carafe was about the best Rick could do after a cursory, "I need some private time," which could be as simple as cover for dropping a deuce behind a bush.

I don't know...I think if he approached Glenn and Daryl privately, before leaving morning of, they could have put together a "care package" and made it work. If they were wrong, there's no reason to ever tell the rest of the group. If they are right everyone will be thankful for a backup.

I tend to not trust anyone, so multiply that by 1000 given the group's history with anyone outside the group - there would have to be a backup plan. Someone said earlier, Rick is always right when it comes to trusting outside people. To me the big surprise is the turnaround in Michone. Didn't think desperation was her thing.

By the way, I agree the relationship between Aaron and Eric is a possible tool/handicap for possible future leverage.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    If this Alexandria is anything like the comics then it will be an ok place short term, until Negan arrives for his stipend. Seems like Michonne is becoming a bit more of an overall thinker and less of a self survival type. I did lol a bit when Aaron explained his distaste for applesauce. :) And for us Python lovers out here there are many used for the snake.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know...I think if he approached Glenn and Daryl privately, before leaving morning of, they could have put together a "care package" and made it work. If they were wrong, there's no reason to ever tell the rest of the group. If they are right everyone will be thankful for a backup.

I tend to not trust anyone, so multiply that by 1000 given the group's history with anyone outside the group - there would have to be a backup plan. Someone said earlier, Rick is always right when it comes to trusting outside people. To me the big surprise is the turnaround in Michone. Didn't think desperation was her thing.

By the way, I agree the relationship between Aaron and Eric is a possible tool/handicap for possible future leverage.

I don't th I they could've stashed weapons. It's not like they have an arsenal or anything. They only have what they can carry. Aaron is a long-time survivor too, and while he took a risk in making contact with the group, I have no doubt that he was gathering even more intelligence, than his group already had. They would've certainly taken note of the types and numbers of weapons they had, or at least had a rough estimate. It not like half the group could ditch their weapons, and nobody would notice.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I don't th I they could've stashed weapons. It's not like they have an arsenal or anything. They only have what they can carry. Aaron is a long-time survivor too, and while he took a risk in making contact with the group, I have no doubt that he was gathering even more intelligence, than his group already had. They would've certainly taken note of the types and numbers of weapons they had, or at least had a rough estimate. It not like half the group could ditch their weapons, and nobody would notice.

Good point.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No people in the pictures, that's odd.

And how did this guy keep an eye on the group for a couple weeks to learn about them, and not get dirty?

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thought it was a pretty good episode and looking forward to the rest of the season a little more now. The show does seem to get a little cheesier as we go- tornado takes out zombies but not an old barn, using a flare gun to stop a zombie with more coming- though I did enjoy Glenn coming and mowing the rest down. All in all the plot advanced a lot without dragging it out over several episodes.

I'm sure that the show lost some viewers when they showed the guys kissing but i'm glad AMC stuck with comics in that aspect and those that don't like it hopefully will just stop watching instead of complaining about how wrong they think it is. Maybe it'll even open up some dialog to and make people more accepting.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Thought it was a pretty good episode and looking forward to the rest of the season a little more now. The show does seem to get a little cheesier as we go- tornado takes out zombies but not an old barn, using a flare gun to stop a zombie with more coming- though I did enjoy Glenn coming and mowing the rest down. All in all the plot advanced a lot without dragging it out over several episodes.

I'm sure that the show lost some viewers when they showed the guys kissing but i'm glad AMC stuck with comics in that aspect and those that don't like it hopefully will just stop watching instead of complaining about how wrong they think it is. Maybe it'll even open up some dialog to and make people more accepting.

Someone else brought up the 3% number. That being the case, unless homosexuals have some sort of disproportionate resilience to the disease, you would think they would be rare as hen's teeth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom