• Status
    Not open for further replies.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I had a very disturbing dream last night. A post-apocalyptic world where giant reptilian creatures ( dinosaur, raptor like) would come out of nowhere and rip you apart. In the beginning of the dream, one huge beast noticed me and had its snout on my cheek. I held still and it moved on. Nowhere was safe. We tried to sleep huddled in bathroom stalls, but still felt vulnerable. The fear was unbearable and corrosive. Then, the threat became gangs and death cults which were even worse. You would take your chances outside with the creatures rather than be trapped inside by fellow humans. We didn't have any weapons. The bad guys did though. Machetes and pistols. I was about to be killed (beheaded, I think) when I awoke. Needless to say I didn't feel rested. I should write this down. Hmmmmmmmm...

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had a very disturbing dream last night. A post apocalyptic world where giant reptilian creature ( dinosaur, raptor like) would come outof nowhere and rip you apart. In the beginning of the dream, one huge beast noticed me and had its snout on my cheek. I held still and it moved on. Nowhere was safe. We tried to sleep huddled in bathroom stalls, but still felt vulnerable. The fear was unbearable and corrosive. Then, the threat became gangs and death cults which was even worse. You would take your chances outside with the creatures rather than be trapped inside by fellow humans. We didn't have any weapons. The bad guys did though. Machetes and pistols. I was about to be killed (beheaded, I think) when I awoke. Needless to say I didn't feel rested. I should write this down. Hmmmmmmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9Lm4Y886k

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think the people or whats left of them in Alexandria are recruiting for the defense of the zone.
    They are facing some kind of as of yet unseen outside threat and they aren't equipped to deal with it so they are
    offering "memberships" in a safe zone as an carrot to down on their luck outsiders.
    They increase their numbers and the people they bring in automatically have a vested interest in protecting the zone.
    They can't just invite anyone in that's why they were watching Rick's group to see what kind of people they were.
    The claimers group would not have made the cut.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I think the people or whats left of them in Alexandria are recruiting for the defense of the zone.
    They are facing some kind of as of yet unseen outside threat and they aren't equipped to deal with it so they are
    offering "memberships" in a safe zone as an carrot to down on their luck outsiders.
    They increase their numbers and the people they bring in automatically have a vested interest in protecting the zone.
    They can't just invite anyone in that's why they were watching Rick's group to see what kind of people they were.

When Aaron saw the flare go up, he seemed to be really scared. I don't think it was a fear for his lover, but more a fear of their rival group discovering them out and unprepared. He didn't want to travel towards the flare until Rick said that's where the others would be going as well, thinking that Rick had the only flare gun.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Interesting thought. You need people for defense, and you need people of certain skills. But it would be difficult to provide food, water, and sanitation as you get more people in a concentrated area. Maybe the need for more "defense" is the explanation for why they would be recruiting (assuming it's not something sinister of course).

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's take a survey of the group to determine what skills they might bring to the table.

Rick Grimes: law enforcement
    Carl Grimes: kid
    Judith Grimes: infant
    Michonne: ?
    Glenn: pizza delivery
    Maggie: agriculture
    Father Gabriel: religion
    Carol: house wife/child care
    Daryl: professional bad-ass?
    Sasha: ?
    Abraham: soldier?
    Rosita: ?
    Eugene: science teacher?
    Tara: ?

Other than dish washers, ditch diggers, and cannon fodder, the only ones with clearly useful skills would be Rick, Maggie, and Carol. If they stick to Eugene's story from the comic, a science teacher could be useful for a growing community with school-aged children.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing I noticed the other day, when watching a clip from the first season, and noticed that the zombies were way more agile. In "guts," when the guys were being chased the zombies after the rain washed off their "scent," the zombies were climbing the chain link fence, rather that simply massing along it and pressing until it fell (like at the prison). Just something interesting I noticed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One thing I noticed the other day, when watching a clip from the first season, and noticed that the zombies were way more agile. In "guts," when the guys were being chased the zombies after the rain washed off their "scent," the zombies were climbing the chain link fence, rather that simply massing along it and pressing until it fell (like at the prison). Just something interesting I noticed.

Over time they are "aging" the walkers.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The producers, when guests on Talking Dead, have mentioned that they've tried to keep the zombie makeup and action consistent with walking corpses that have been decaying for years. In those first season eps, the zeds would be… "fresher".

It seemed to me that the zombies they encountered in Noah's subdivision were a bit stronger, which would fit as one assumes this area collapsed fairly recently.
    Other than dish washers, ditch diggers, and cannon fodder, the only ones with clearly useful skills would be Rick, Maggie, and Carol. If they stick to Eugene's story from the comic, a science teacher could be useful for a growing community with school-aged children.

In a world without electricity and other modern conveniences, I'd rate Darryl's skills at the top of the list. He can hunt, forage, track, and he's pretty good at making something from limited resources. Michonne's sword skills are also important if you don't want to waste ammo.

But it could be as simple as Aaron pointed out: the group was cooperative even when starving. You need people to do basic gardening work, enforce walls, etc so I guess the "skill" of cooperation is also important IF you have enough basic resources such as land and water to support them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I still don't trust the new guy. How can you trust someone that does impressions?

[video=youtube_share;CzXUUS4weSU]http://youtu.be/CzXUUS4weSU[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The producers, when guests on Talking Dead, have mentioned that they've tried to keep the zombie makeup and action consistent with walking corpses that have been decaying for years. In those first season eps, the zeds would be… "fresher".

And apparently smarter. A zombie in Guts picked up a rock and smashed the department store window.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Maybe the Zeds were smarter. The brain does deteriorate with decay. Hitting stuff with a rock or grabbing a knob is s pretty basic instinct for an animal with a thumb. Keep in mind they can still see, hear, smell. But those senses would also go away after some time. Plus the heads are getting nice a mushy, perfect for a good curb stomp

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Speaking of skills, the apple sauce was home made in a re-usable container. So, they're growing their own food and know how to preserve it. Apples come from an orchard, so they have an orchard of some kind too. Therefore, we have agriculture and food preservation skills in the new camp. I remember the mention of a doctor/surgeon too. This sounds more like a true community with attention to skill sets.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Without any spoilers. In the comics, there is a character that is pure evil. He puts the governor to shame with all of the things he does. He's SUPER important in the comics too. I imagine he'll be introduced here soon, but as for your theory I think it's spot on. They're trying to increase their defensive ranks, because of this "yet to be introduced" character

ccrubaugh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    fishers
    Much better episode than last week. I know some people like the slow dark episodes every once but this week got back to some good ole Rick paranoia.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Without any spoilers. In the comics, there is a character that is pure evil. He puts the governor to shame with all of the things he does. He's SUPER important in the comics too. I imagine he'll be introduced here soon, but as for your theory I think it's spot on. They're trying to increase their defensive ranks, because of this "yet to be introduced" character

I wonder. There about 60 issues between them meet Aaron, and the guy your talking about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom