• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just rewatched the pre-credits opening because the first time, I was still cooking the popcorn on the stove. Purely academic technical question, how long does a walker's blood remain fluid? The blood dripping on the watercolor of a house was the no-lips walker that bit Tyreese the second time and Tyreese did in with a geode to the eye socket before it collapsed across the kid's office chair and started bleeding. The blood coming from that decayed walker seemed rather ordinary, not remotely like one might expect from a months/years dead corpse.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does anybody really feel bad for Tyrese? He lost his cajones and ability to survive a long time ago. I kind of just wanted him to die already with his non-situational-awareness-ass....it was like a bad stage death scene!

So, the guy "lost his cajones" and you just write him off?
    Would you do the same with real people in your life?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Just a few thoughts here.

Regarding the chopped up bodies. While I will concede half a body would be easier to move than a full body, I would want both halves UNMOVING! With the tops being kept in an animated state I'm gonna stick with my "psycho" group theory. Keeping moving tops of people in the back of a truck goes a bit beyond the Governor and his jars of heads but a level, maybe two (2) levels. Besides, if they were just dissected for ease of moving there would be an equal mix of tops and bottoms. Because who would really care if you're just chopping for a lighter load? I still believe there is more to come regarding the group that did the chopping.

Regarding Tyreese. I didn't really like him. I didn't dislike him. It would be important for some folks to keep their humanity mostly intact, especially when rebuilding were to occur. I wouldn't want a world run by a bunch of heartless, soulless people who can't throw off survival mode. I'm not talking about people being foolish, but people who have kept an ability to empathize and sympathize. If it weren't for Tyreese and his kind support for just a short while perhaps Noah wouldn't / won't do as well? That said, I won't miss him much. His character just wasn't one that I felt much for. Glen, on the other hand, I was worried about Glen at the fence when Tyreese's foot was caught in the wiring. There was a zombie coming up on him. Don't mess with Glen! That will bum me out big time!

Regarding going to DC. One of the top ten (10) dumbest ideas ever! You have Baltimore to the north (population 622,000+). Then there is Richmond to the south (population 214,000+). DC itself has 646,000+. This in an area of massive population buildup on the east coast and you wanna go there? Really!?!? Do they not think everyone within 250+ miles of DC might not have tried this when everything was falling apart? Then, when the poor saps were stuck there and died they just added to the zombie necropolis! What are they hoping to find - a military bunker? There are several backup bunkers for the government and NOT ONE OF THEM is in DC. Link: Continuity of government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The closest one is the FEMA base Mount Weather in Bluemont Virginia. It looks to be about 50 miles NW of DC. Outside of main population centers and off of main roads. To me the idea of going into a major population center would be suicidal without a specific, tangible goal with real facts to back it up. For example, if I were with a group of survivors and someone knew of a secured national guard post near downtown Chicago that was an unmanned supply bunker and they knew its exact location and they firsthand knowledge (ie. driving by when fleeing) of it NOT being overrun then maybe I would agree to it. I would still want street maps, recon, and several escape routes before going into a densely populated zombie zone. But maybe I'm just a scaredy cat...?

Of course, all that said they HAVE to go to DC otherwise the writers couldn't justify Morgan finding them after he found their route to DC in the church. Silly writers.

I am disappointed I missed Andrew Lincolns voice on the radio...:( Oh well...

I will wait for next week and see what is coming.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    There was a "W" carved on the heads of the top half of the walkers in that truck. I somehow missed it, but they brought it up on talking dead. I wonder if the "W" stands for the "whisperers" group people have hunted to. Seems. Like a possibility, when we think about Rick meeting back up with Morgan, and Morgan stated he heard the walkers whispering.

For the folks who haven't heard of "whisperers", it's been spoken of outside, possibly something from the comics, that there was a roving band of people who travel inside swarms of walkers and they communicate with each other by whispering so they don't attract undue attention from the walkers.

On a side note, when the group first arrived at the church and they went in to clear it. Do you think there may be some significance to the drawings found by Tyrese, especially pertaining to the one of the baby in a carrier with the caption "40 years of wandering"?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The lower halves and arms were left behind and just the upper halves and heads were loaded in that pickup truck the car was crashed into where the Suburban was parked in the woods. As long as it didn't take a lot of effort to sever the dead, and the work load warranted it, it'd a dandy time and labour saving measure for the undertaking crew.

And it goes without saying, the radio report Tyreese was listening to in the Suburban was also delusional, as the display on the in-dash was dead.

And to run down the black dudes' fates in TWD:

Meet T-Dogg.
    Meet Tyreese.
    T-Dogg dies.
    Meet Bob.
    Bob dies.
    Meet Noah.
    Tyreese dies.

Don't forget about the preacher, Gabriel? It seems like one black guy with humanity is the limit for the show. Budget cuts I guess.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't forget about the preacher, Gabriel? It seems like one black guy with humanity is the limit for the show. Budget cuts I guess.
    Gack! Okay. Here's a revised "black dudes' fates in TWD" list:

Meet Morgan.
    Leave Morgan.
    Meet T-Dogg.
    Meet Tyreese.
    T-Dogg dies.
    Revisit psycho-Morgan.
    Meet Bob.
    Meet Gabriel.
    Bob dies.
    Morgan follows.
    Meet Noah.