• Status
    Not open for further replies.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    W/o a bit of comic relief every now and then, the series is too dark. I would suggest a musical number where Rick breaks into song. "Kids! I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!" Then work in "food 'r us" somewhere.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    For those asking if the guy that grabbed Carl did the unthinkable to him in the comic, affirmative. After the Old Yeller ending with Lizzie a few weeks ago, I'm glad they had enough class not to go with a Deliverance one for Carl. If you remember back when the guy in the group was giving Daryl a hard time over the rabbit he killed ("claimed it"), he mentioned something about "them young ones don't last too long out here". Kind of gave me the impression that some in the group might be sweet for little kids :puke:

Eating people would be tricky in this story btw. You would probably have to eat them alive if you didn't want to turn and have to eat a zombie :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For those asking if the guy that grabbed Carl did the unthinkable to him in the comic, affirmative. After the Old Yeller ending with Lizzie a few weeks ago, I'm glad they had enough class not to go with a Deliverance one for Carl. If you remember back when the guy in the group was giving Daryl a hard time over the rabbit he killed ("claimed it"), he mentioned something about "them young ones don't last too long out here". Kind of gave me the impression that some in the group might be sweet for little kids :puke:

Eating people would be tricky in this story btw. You would probably have to eat them alive if you didn't want to turn and have to eat a zombie :laugh:

I did wonder if he was supposed to have actually been buggered because they were certainly hinting that he was about to in the show. It certainly didn't seem strange to me that at that point that Rick would cut the guy up into little pieces. God help anyone that molested one of my kids in front of me.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I did wonder if he was supposed to have actually been buggered because they were certainly hinting that he was about to in the show. It certainly didn't seem strange to me that at that point that Rick would cut the guy up into little pieces. God help anyone that molested one of my kids in front of me.

AMEN to that brother! I would absolutely lose my mind...I think anyone would.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    breaking news!!!!

Norman Reedus was fired from The Walking Dead on Saturday, March 29, 2014 after a shocking disagreement with producers Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman. Fan petitions have already been circulating. Plus find out who may be playing "Daryl" in Season 5

http://bit.ly/1ljQvWk

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Denzel Washington's "Book of Eli" had cannibals that got the shakes.
    So did The Road. I think they were both exaggerated for dramatic effect. In the immediate aftermath of a cannibalism-inducing apocalypse, the incidence of Kuru or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt-Jakob_disease (CJD) would be very low. An ordinary, healthy human would have to eat brains and spinal cords almost exclusively for a long time to have a meaningful chance of developing it himself. It would be more in the later generations, where the disease would be rampant. The Walking Dead and The Road are both stories set in the first generation post apocalypse. The Book of Eli is second generation.

As long as it was still first-generation and the "long pork" were butchered properly, essentially kosher-style, such that blood was cleanly drained away and gray matter was cleanly excised, eating the red meat alone would not pose a significant threat, unless the person being butchered so clearly showed signs of infection that the prions could reasonably be assumed to suffuse their tissues.

And the thing about prion diseases, you can't sterilize it by just cooking it at a high enough temperature, or soaking it in the right medicinal marinade. Prions are ordinary proteins, chemicly identical to proteins needed for the functions of life. Any treatent that would destroy the prions would destroy their ordinary, nutritionally beneficial, protein twins.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So did The Road. I think they were both exaggerated for dramatic effect. In the immediate aftermath of a cannibalism-inducing apocalypse, the incidence of Kuru or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt-Jakob_disease (CJD) would be very low. An ordinary, healthy human would have to eat brains and spinal cords almost exclusively for a long time to have a meaningful chance of developing it himself. It would be more in the later generations, where the disease would be rampant. The Walking Dead and The Road are both stories set in the first generation post apocalypse. The Book of Eli is second generation.

As long as it was still first-generation and the "long pork" were butchered properly, essentially kosher-style, such that blood was cleanly drained away and gray matter was cleanly excised, eating the red meat alone would not pose a significant threat, unless the person being butchered so clearly showed signs of infection that the prions could reasonably be assumed to suffuse their tissues.

And the thing about prion diseases, you can't sterilize it by just cooking it at a high enough temperature, or soaking it in the right medicinal marinade. Prions are ordinary proteins, chemicly identical to proteins needed for the functions of life. Any treatent that would destroy the prions would destroy their ordinary, nutritionally beneficial, protein twins.

Like Mad Cow or CWD prions.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Shouldn't this be in the survival section? :dunno:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Shouldn't this be in the survival section? :dunno:

I like to think I'm capable of doing some dirty things if the situation calls for it but I never once considered what she's talking about enough of an option to actually read up on the " How to's and what not to do's " of it .

If TEOTWAWKI happens I'm staying the hell away from the Wabash and anyone that reminds me of CIB .

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped eating beef a couple of decades ago partly because of my fear of contracting brain wasting diseases like CJD. Recreational drugs like ecstasy do similar damage. I like my brain too much to risk it for a mouthful of red meat.

Trust me, fellas, the last thing I'll be doing post-apoc is turning cannibal. My concern will be more to the preventing myself from becoming a meal of others.

The above post was more a literary critique. Seemed the conversation was heading toward the "If their hands shake, they must be cannibals. If they're hands don't shake, they must not be cannibals" direction, and I just wanted the basic info out there. Another insidious fact about human infection by Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or any other brain wasting disease is that first symptoms appear not days, weeks, or months after infection, but years. Just say no to cannibalism. Just say yes to loving your own brain. It is, after all, where you truly live.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pretty sure there is still a piece of left over meatloaf in my fridge at home. Lunch time is close. I think might swing by the house. For some reason I felt it appropriate to share

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty sure there is still a piece of left over meatloaf in my fridge at home. Lunch time is close. I think might swing by the house. For some reason I felt it appropriate to share

I have been craving a big piece of red meat off the grill......HHmmmm. I wonder. Nah, carry on.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hope that Colt Python will be okay.....I know it's stainless but that doesn't mean anything...Do you think they put a "stunt double" for the Python in the hole???? I mean...Hollywood doesn't hate guns so much as to actually reallly leave that Python out in that hole do they????

I just hope it's okay...The factory wood grips as well...All of that Georgia moisture seeping into the ground...This is just awful...I hate cliffhangers like this...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope that Colt Python will be okay.....I know it's stainless but that doesn't mean anything...Do you think they put a "stunt double" for the Python in the hole???? I mean...Hollywood doesn't hate guns so much as to actually reallly leave that Python out in that hole do they????

I just hope it's okay...The factory wood grips as well...All of that Georgia moisture seeping into the ground...This is just awful...I hate cliffhangers like this...

:rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom