• Status
    Not open for further replies.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    That world is too hard to live in. One betrayal after another. At least the zombies are predictable. They have a code. Eat! To live in that world, you have to give up most of what separates us from the wild kingdom. Slug to the head for me. Only question, .45 or 9mm......

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That world is too hard to live in. One betrayal after another. At least the zombies are predictable. They have a code. Eat! To live in that world, you have to give up most of what separates us from the wild kingdom. Slug to the head for me. Only question, .45 or 9mm......

Hear ya buddy. That's why, for me, in that situation - it doesn't make for good television - but I'd be beating a path to the Canadian Rockies to be a mountain man. No one wants to live there, walkers can't climb mountains, it's a tough existance but mountain man is better than sub-human dog-eat-dog battle-it-out survival of the fittest with other sub-humans. To hell with all of it, head to the mountains.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife caught the bones too. I guess there were also a pile of them off to the side in the warehouse when they were running through trying to escape.

I claimed cannibals last week BTW...

Saw the bones.
    When the crew Darrel was running with managed to creep up on a couple of savvy SA been on the run people that were surrounded by dried leaves (after making a huge noise and alerting them) I near had to turn off the TV.
    I am sure the boy would have dropped the "greek" fat boy through the window but hey, where would the drama have been.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I thought it was a good episode, finale wise a little lacking but still a good episode. I am wondering if they were getting ready to have a snack of Tyreese or Carol or Judith before Rick caught the cannibals wearing his friends gear. Wow the scene with Rick and them taking out Joe's group was awesome! Glad to see Rick and Rarryl back together as well. It's going to be a long wait for October, and I agree with JJ that I would be heading for the remote part of the country. More wild food and less chance of walkers/bad guys.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I echo the comments on Rick.. great to see him back being a smart leader. I was very happy to see the recon efforts. And not many have mentioned the burying of the firearms outside of the fence. Keep this in mind as it seems to be a nice safety net to fall back on. Plus Rick needs his shooter back!

I was also very happy to see Rick being aware of his surroundings. Glenn and co. just waltzed in... which we all harped about. Rick took an approach we hope we all would do in the same situation. And actually looking.. analyzing... noticing the clothes and watch... I thought this was very good.

I noticed the bones..picked clean... during the herding phase. Plus.. I am not sure, but while they were running through the box cars.. Did I hear other voices yelling from inside? Like there were other people stored in the boxes yelling for help in the shooting commotion? Or maybe it was just the Terminites giving chase.

I like the nod to the comic fans with Rick and Joe's scene. I have never read them, but I always respect producers that give credit to a show's roots.

Looking forward to the next season. Should be less story time and more action...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    If anyone has an idea who shot Rick's hostage, I think that's important. I don't think Rick shot him by his reaction. i think the Termites terminated one of their own.

Anyone else have a flashback to Ned Beaty (sp?) floating down a Georgia river when fat boy was "making Carl squeel"? And it was an archer (Burt Reynolds) that saved them?

The cashe' of weapons - agreed - smart move that was. Now we need to get out and get to them. Didn't see a bow in there, so Daryl is going to use a firearm for a change.

Pretty cool Rick going WALKER on Joe - pretty sure he didn't see that coming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If anyone has an idea who shot Rick's hostage, I think that's important. I don't think Rick shot him by his reaction. i think the Termites terminated one of their own.

Anyone else have a flashback to Ned Beaty (sp?) floating down a Georgia river when fat boy was "making Carl squeel"? And it was an archer (Burt Reynolds) that saved them?

The cashe' of weapons - agreed - smart move that was. Now we need to get out and get to them. Didn't see a bow in there, so Daryl is going to use a firearm for a change.

Pretty cool Rick going WALKER on Joe - pretty sure he didn't see that coming.

I saw arrows in the stash bag.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I'll chime in here...im sure you're all dying to hear what i have to say :):

Pretty decent episode, didn't like it as a finale though...only because i want to see more! I was proud of Rick...he made pretty smart moves given the circumstance...burying the weapons will come into play i think...maybe carl escapes and can dig them up, arming everyone in the train car.

Terminus has to be cannibals...the constant grilling/offering plates is creepy enough, but there were plenty of signs pointing to it.

The bones...while Rick and Co. were being corralled, those were definitely bones in the foreground as they ran passed...they had been stripped clean and i spotted a spine & a rib cage that were very human like.

Also during the corralling, i heard voices coming from the other storage containers...pretty sure a female voice yelled "Help us!"...Rick heard it to, he turned around and almost went back but kept running when the shooting commenced.

Then there was the act of corralling Rick and Co. instead of killing them...they weren't shooting to kill, they were shooting at feet to keep them moving, shutting doors but leaving others wide open...they were leading them to the train car.

Combine the corralling of Rick and Co. with the other voices heard in the storage containers (and the bones) and you have what looks like them stocking up on fresh meat with the storage containers being their pantry...they wont kill them until the grill is ready, otherwise the meat goes bad

Also...the termites killed the guy that Rick was holding hostage, not Rick, but they didnt do it on purpose....Rick had the guy held at gunpoint facing the Terminus "leader" guy (young yuppie dude). They were talking and the Terminus leader had is hand up, palm facing Rick (high five style) and he asked Rick what he wanted...Rick never answered and he said something like "Wrong answer" and closed his hand into a fist (signal for sniper to take the shot)...Rick saw him signal and turned, using the hostage guy as a shield.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I backed up the DVR a couple times and saw Rick's hostage get shot in the head, but it wasn't clear who shot whom. With the exit comining out the back of his skull it didn't look likely Rick would have had that angle, so i was pretty sure he was sniped...but couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not. I guess it could have been an accident - pretty spot on for an accident.

Pretty sure you're right about them holding the people until they're ready to feed.

Wonder how they know it's safe to eat human flesh? If everyone has this disease, and it's genetic, I guess there's no way you can get worse...unless somehow consumption of spinal fluids or brain matter could cause you to turn...even if I were ok with eating human I'd be worried about it. I guess since they've been doing this for a while they have a history - no one's turned from it yet. So far so good. LOL.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed. And they weren't charred up zombie bones like we usually see. They're skinned clean.
    Again, from the Story Sync feed.

416-19-img-wdkgh1-w0r8iqpeotugewqprou-1365x768.jpg

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Yep :yesway: Like i said, there's a spine and rib cage that are very human like...not to mention a few skulls it looks like.

For those of you who read the comics...was Carl about to get raped by the fat man? That's definitely the feeling i was getting and i actually cheered when Rick ripped Joe's jugular out...if that crew would stoop that low, they deserved everything they got and worse. I called the bite right when Joe bear hugged him,the Mrs hates watching shows with me :):

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Why would they skin the skulls? Are they eating brains too? Unless you're eating eyes and brains...possibly jaw muscle...there's really no reason to skin the skulls. COOL PIC Cathy!

Yeah, I don't read the comics or spoilers, but that's definitely the vib I got from Fat Boy. Reminded me of Deliverance - Ned Beaty - Georgia - creepy - The wife said Rick went overboard on fat boy, I looked at her like she was insane. If that were my boy?! Hell-to-the-yeah - I'll stop when I get good and ready to stop killing you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would they skin the skulls? Are they eating brains too? Unless you're eating eyes and brains...possibly jaw muscle...there's really no reason to skin the skulls. COOL PIC Cathy!

Yeah, I don't read the comics or spoilers, but that's definitely the vib I got from Fat Boy. Reminded me of Deliverance - Ned Beaty - Georgia - creepy - The wife said Rick went overboard on fat boy, I looked at her like she was insane. If that were my boy?! Hell-to-the-yeah - I'll stop when I get good and ready to stop killing you.

That is why I referred to him as the "Greek" fat guy. The leader said they were going to have the woman and then the boy and killing everybody in the end.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Why would they skin the skulls? Are they eating brains too? Unless you're eating eyes and brains...possibly jaw muscle...there's really no reason to skin the skulls. COOL PIC Cathy!...

Jerky...maybe bacon? Not really, but im sure that it was just for a visual effect in the show...just to really hit it home that those were human remains and not confused with an animal. Maybe the termites use the skins? Handbags, wallets...you never know ;)

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I thought it was a good episode, finale wise a little lacking but still a good episode. I am wondering if they were getting ready to have a snack of Tyreese or Carol or Judith before Rick caught the cannibals wearing his friends gear. Wow the scene with Rick and them taking out Joe's group was awesome! Glad to see Rick and Rarryl back together as well. It's going to be a long wait for October, and I agree with JJ that I would be heading for the remote part of the country. More wild food and less chance of walkers/bad guys.
    I must have missed something. Tyreese, Carol, and Judith, are they also in the hands of the termites? They weren't in the railroad car. And where's Beth? She's too young (and pretty) to die.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I must have missed something. Tyreese, Carol, and Judith, are they also in the hands of the termites? They weren't in the railroad car. And where's Beth? She's too young (and pretty) to die.

Beth - who knows where she is - the creepy morgue house person has her somewhere...I'm betting back in that house, or she's in the Terminus complex somewhere and creepy morgue house person works for the Termites.

Tyrese et.al. are still on the road - I'm guessing because we never saw them and they weren't in the railroad car/cattle car/dinner holding bin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom