Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    it's going to be a long wait till next season :-( We aren't going to learn to much more tonight :-(

Killer episode. literally!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just noticed something in the Story Sync, Before the Break Image:

416-b-5-img-pquvbeukuefguyeigytiegh-1365x768.jpg

A few of those names have locality names under them. A few of those localities are "Woodbury, GA". Around Daryl, "Matt Ayers" and "Brian Case". Then, to the right of Carl, there's an "April Case" without a locality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ran the entire season on the box in the shop today while working on a few firearms......Kind of makes some sense now. Rick must have gotten tired of having his A$$ handed to him.....Go Rick.....Well except for being trapped in a rail car...

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    For some reason all I could think about whehn Rick was talking to Daryl was....

[video=youtube;KQKvGxbKu8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQKvGxbKu8Q[/video]

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not really a very good finale. It felt like they threw the thing together, add a few flashbacks, hokey sparks shooting at people's feet….

They must have run out of production money.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

In a post apocalyptic world there will most certainly be issues on meeting new groups of people. It isn't as if you're both out on a walk in the evening with the dogs.

That said, you cannot treat everyone as your worst enemy either. Obviously anyone you meet could be a threat, but anyone you meet might have something worth bartering that could save your life.

You have to meet somewhere in the middle. A town/community would necessarily have to have defenses and a suspicious nature, but it would also need to promote growth, peace and security. Maybe peace down the barrel of a gun, but peace nonetheless.

I say all of this to put Terminus in some objective light. To take newcomers, drug them, and lock them in a rail car is going way too far. You blow any hope of trust in future relations. Which means they (Terminus) don't want future relations.

I don't know about cannibals but I would not throw out that option. There is a real problem with eating meat that carries human disease. In a crisis like a plane crash in the Andies - absolutely! Eat or die. Terminus isn't in that sort of absolute crisis.

It could also be slave traders. Maybe they don't use the slaves themselves, but they may grab and hold for someone else.

My thought on the back story is that Terminus, like every group, must grow. If Rick hadn't grown he and Carl would be dead now because it was just those two in the beginning. Terminus must have some way to grow to survive or else they would disappear. I am wondering how they choose people to become recruits instead of victims.

If Terminus was smart they would have had one of their own already in the railcar. Someone who was dirty and thin and looked like crap. That way the next batch of prisoners would open up to the planted informant and Terminus would gather more info. Too bad for Terminus that no one watched Stalag 17.

I am betting that Eugene may help them with a few science tricks. I am also betting that Sgt Lincoln is going to LOVE the next few days or weeks! Carl may also prove his worth with his size by squeezing through a hole too small for the others but big enough for him to get out and open the door.

I am curious as to who Terminus is? Woodberry was normal folks brought together by a charismatic leader who really did want to have a peaceful little town, albeit with him as a god figure at the top. Woodberry also had the strongarms who did the Governors dirty work. Everyone in Terminus's internal command appeared young, or younger. There weren't a lot (if any) of older, Herschel types. Perhaps a group of upper middle class yuppies that went Lord of the Flies right off the bat?

It is going to be a long 195 days if the guess for next seasons Oct 12th premiere is correct.

Regards,

Doug

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've been thinking canibalism all season for some reason. And when they offered a plate to Maggie and Glen as soon as they arrived kind of solidified it. Also, did anyone else notice right after Rick looks over as they were herding him and Co. through terminus, what looked like a pile of bones in the foreground? Sure looked like human remains to me. I tried to rewind and watch several times, but they skim past it pretty fast.

The scene when Rick bit the guys neck was pretty intense, but what they did to Carl in the comic was much more heinous. Glad they didn't go the comic route, the creepy guy looking at Carl like that with a knife to his neck was bad enough.

Good finale, but the Grove wins episode of the season for me (Look at the flowers Lizzie .......). I didn't really think they were going to pull the old yeller ending with a tweenage girl.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've been thinking canibalism all season for some reason. And when they offered a plate to Maggie and Glen as soon as they arrived kind of solidified it. Also, did anyone else notice right after Rick looks over as they were herding him and Co. through terminus, what looked like a pile of bones in the foreground? Sure looked like human remains to me. I tried to rewind and watch several times, but they skim past it pretty fast.

The scene when Rick bit the guys neck was pretty intense, but what they did to Carl in the comic was much more heinous. Glad they didn't go the comic route, the creepy guy looking at Carl like that with a knife to his neck was bad enough.

Good finale, but the Grove wins episode of the season for me (Look at the flowers Lizzie .......). I didn't really think they were going to pull the old yeller ending with a tweenage girl.
    Agreed. And they weren't charred up zombie bones like we usually see. They're skinned clean.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    First of all - WELCOME BACK RICK!!! YES!

Who shot first there at the end. The guy Rick was holding and asking about Glenn's watch got shot in the head - did Rick do it or did they shoot their own to "herd" them into the rail car?

Also, Rick said they were going to watch for a while, then proceeded to march right in the same day. WRONG! They didn't learn a thing. Had they stayed and watched a few days they would have seen there were patrols and snipers, and they would have seen Tyrese and Carol get the "treatment". Apparently Glenn and their group didn't make the cut either because they are also in the rail car yet they walked in and basically surrendered. Same result. These people have no intention of trusting anyone.

I'll bet Rick didn't really say "screwed" in the comic. On Talking Dead he said he dropped the "f" bomb and it felt really good. LOL.

Hopefully Tyrese and Carol have more sense and sit back and watch to see what's going on. If they do, and they're not detected (difficult with a baby), then maybe they can help. Going to be a long summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom