• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I thought it was an excellent episode! Sure people act stupid at times but you have to remember it's the end of the world and most people aren't prepared for that. Some get tough and survive, some give up and die. People like Eugene find a tough guy like Abraham and stay alive that way. As far as the comics go yes Eugene was a science teacher, not Abrahams though. I also thought it was neat that Rick opened the door enough to let the walker get out, it was either the dead bathroom guy or the dead guy in the bedroom that caused the shots right before Rick was going to take out the porch dude. Yeehaw!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I'll have to catch last night's episode next Sunday. After surviving the six hour rain delay at Daytona, I stayed with the coverage when the race was restarted. Good outcome with Junior winning his second. At least JJ didn't win!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Ah the corn. And that brings up the whole "what would it really look like" thing that keeps gnawing at me. I wish the producers of the show would give more thought to how far in we are and what things would really look like. There's no way on the corn field - not even close. Everything went down in summer, so the corn from two seasons ago would have long since been gone and in it's place would be random stocks - what the deer didn't eat and let go to seed - but mostly weeds.

We still see houses with yards that aren't that bad. Anyone knows after a month - let alone nearly two years - yards look horrible.

Vehicles that haven't been touched in two years are likely sitting on four flat tires and definitely dead and un-useable batteries.

All windows would be filthy - houses, cars, buildings, - all of them.

There aren't many foods that last on the shelf past two years. If people are still eating processed foods there has to be a great deal of food poison - haven't heard of any yet.

Terminus. I thought Abraham and his crew were from Terminus. Guess not. They're headed to DC. So...who's at Terminus and what's their deal?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll have to catch last night's episode next Sunday. After surviving the six hour rain delay at Daytona, I stayed with the coverage when the race was restarted. Good outcome with Junior winning his second. At least JJ didn't win!

We watched the race as well. Daytona is the start of things so it is the one I will watch in it's entirety.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah the corn. And that brings up the whole "what would it really look like" thing that keeps gnawing at me. I wish the producers of the show would give more thought to how far in we are and what things would really look like. There's no way on the corn field - not even close. Everything went down in summer, so the corn from two seasons ago would have long since been gone and in it's place would be random stocks - what the deer didn't eat and let go to seed - but mostly weeds.

We still see houses with yards that aren't that bad. Anyone knows after a month - let alone nearly two years - yards look horrible.

Vehicles that haven't been touched in two years are likely sitting on four flat tires and definitely dead and un-useable batteries.

All windows would be filthy - houses, cars, buildings, - all of them.

There aren't many foods that last on the shelf past two years. If people are still eating processed foods there has to be a great deal of food poison - haven't heard of any yet.

Terminus. I thought Abraham and his crew were from Terminus. Guess not. They're headed to DC. So...who's at Terminus and what's their deal?

The producers are pushing the reality of this way to far off the scale. Hard to watch anymore.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene were all due right now. It's still about another 3-6 seasons before Negan.

While everyone's raggin' on mullet-boy, I will just throw out there, because there's zero percent chance of it being an actual spoiler. Whatever Eugene may or may not be, when the chips are down, in the comic, he manages to resurrect an old ammunition factory so the group can start manufacturing their own ammo. So, whatever gambit mullet-boy may or may not be running right now, don't look upon him too harshly.
    Wow. I didn't realize it was Eugene that set that ammo factory up. I guess I have to pay closer attention.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have not read the comics but from what I understand the TV series does not exactly match the comics. I would be hesitant to base any predictions of the TV story line off of the comics.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm waiting for Sons of Anarchy to come back. WD was boring this week. Will Rick jump a shark?

shark_fsv_zombie.jpg

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I have not read the comics but from what I understand the TV series does not exactly match the comics. I would be hesitant to base any predictions of the TV story line off of the comics.
    100% correct. There is soooo much difference between the 2. There are parallels, but characters are different, and in different situations. For instance, in the comics, there is no Daryl and Andrea is still alive. Just one of MANY differences...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In the third season, he got his cross bow confiscated by the Governor's men, but took a crossbow from one of them during the break out.

I just figured out why I had a visceral reaction against Abraham when he appeared last week. He's played by Michael Cuditz, who played a sadistic polygamous militia separatist type named Francis Goehring (after that description, it had to be a Germanic name, right?) in an episode of Criminal Minds from 2007. The episode is entitled Identity because he was also a mastermind kidnap-rape-murderer with an apprentice and after he's killed early in the episode, his apprentice starts making himself over in his master's image.

I think this was the first time Cuditz passed my field of vision where his appearance stuck with me, so I'm not likely to like him. It doesn't help that Abraham and Goehring have basicly the same facial hair.

Cuditz is gonna hafta work to make me like his performance as Abraham.

but i'll never forget him as bull rendelman in band of brothers, one of my fav show of all time

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    In the third season, he got his cross bow confiscated by the Governor's men, but took a crossbow from one of them during the break out.

I just figured out why I had a visceral reaction against Abraham when he appeared last week. He's played by Michael Cuditz, who played a sadistic polygamous militia separatist type named Francis Goehring (after that description, it had to be a Germanic name, right?) in an episode of Criminal Minds from 2007. The episode is entitled Identity because he was also a mastermind kidnap-rape-murderer with an apprentice and after he's killed early in the episode, his apprentice starts making himself over in his master's image.

I think this was the first time Cuditz passed my field of vision where his appearance stuck with me, so I'm not likely to like him. It doesn't help that Abraham and Goehring have basicly the same facial hair.

Cuditz is gonna hafta work to make me like his performance as Abraham.

You say "sadistic polygamous militia separatist type" like it's a bad thing!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just soldiered through the 2 latest episodes. The show is nearly unwatchable at this point. Weak plot and terrible acting. I find myself actually hoping main characters get killed. Daryl can live, but thanks to the easy cheese, even Michonne is out for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom