• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well last sunday was the first weekend where I didnt join the neighbors Walkin Dead viewing party
    If you havn't seen my last post on page 237 it looks like I didnt miss a darn thing did I?

**** on the Walking fail, i might try the comics instead i bet there would be less bs, commercials, and simply be more entertaining.

The comics are awesome...

[video=youtube;8kvZDPLQcFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvZDPLQcFo[/video]

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ya'll must have been spoiled by "Breaking Bad."

Walking Dead is not perfect but it's better than most of what's out there on prime time (including all the pseudo reality shows and contests).

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    The Walking dead isnt as good as my
    All in the family box set.
    or re-runs of Gunsmoke:popcorn:

I did get spoiled on that gig, Twas one of the best series ive watched in a long time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Extremely boring episode. The governor got waaay too much focus last season, and now I'm supposed to watch him carry whole episodes? Bleeegh.

I don't really care for obviously telegraphed drama: clearly they're going to make Michonne and the Governor deal with their revenge issues blah blah blah. More slow, boring, annoying crap that you can see coming a mile away. Very disappointed that they brought him back in this way.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I think what hurts TWD is the constant changes at the helm. I think each season has had a different executive producer.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I thought the episode was insightful. There is no law. There really are no rules. So, you can't escape the human element of dealing with people that will constantly change and continue to be a threat until that threat is neutralized. And when that threat is neutralized (the gov), then another one pops up. The gov appears to have been completely insane after his daughter was put down (rather than just ruthless as heII), lost all reason of any kind and just wandered aimlessly with a modecum of instinctual reaction to survival. I'm amazed he lasted at all bent on self destruction. Now he's drawn back by this little girl and her mother...survival reactions to protect are re-emerging...what will that mean to his old group who seem to be doing well without him...they won't trust him - who would! What does that mean for Rick's group? Will the gov actually ask for sanctuary with Rick and company? Not bloody likely. Will they be required to align to fend off the new threat of the gov's old boys?

Kind of a microcosm of much larger governments now. You like to think you are safe, but you are not. The real world is a complicated messy place where unlikely aliances are drawn all the time. I think TWD is sort of postulating that even with nearly everyone gone, the same kind of dynamic exists. We have to deal with Iran. Rick has to deal with the gov.

Still find the show interesting.

Also, each episode they kind of find new things to highlight. This time it was the rest home. The elderly strapped to their bed - I assume in the throws of alsheimers (sp)? Handicapped dead - wheel chair - strapped to the wheel chair. Morbid. And, what about the leg-less dead trapped in the tub. Even if he'd had his prosthetics attached, could the undead been able to work them? Hadn't really thought of that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought it was a bit odd that they appear to be trying to change our view of the Governor. Now he is a complex character that we need to view in a different way based upon his struggle as to good and evil. This isn't that type of show. He was a psychopath last year and I have no urge to revisit his character in some new light.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meh, it was ok.... better than an entire prison episode of coughing and drinking orange juice while recovering from the flu.

Dunno about that, but she's was on "The Unit" as "Kim Brown."

Strangely enough, same thing happened in the back of the food truck.............

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think the show rocks! I think they are trying to show the Gubner realize he has a second chance at being happy! Then it will all be ripped away from him again and he will go off the deep end. I have always liked the "flashbacks" so maybe I am just in the minority, but bring it on AMC!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another aspect of this style of story telling no one's mentioned is how there was literally no cross over between the characters in Ep. 6 and the characters in Eps. 1-5, save for the Gubbernator's tiny cameo at the end of 5. This lends itself to a 2nd unit, two crews filming episodes independently, thus able to hammer out more episodes in less time. Makes for more $$$ efficient TV producing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I liked this episode.
    Rarely are evil people 100 percent evil.
    They usually have some justification, at least in their mind.

Notice the gov folding himself out of the pic, and later burning himself out.
    Could be he's "woken up".
    How can anyone know how they will act when the zombies take over.
    Then he lost his wife.
    Then he still considered his child "treatable", and she was "killed" right before him.

I'm not excusing his actions.
    I am merely stating that this provides some back drop.

Now I'm wondering how they're going to fit this in to the prison.
    All 3 girls die??????
    Or they survive, and he's trying to figure how to get them in????
    It's not like he can walk up and say, "please take care of these girls".

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I liked this episode.
    Rarely are evil people 100 percent evil.
    They usually have some justification, at least in their mind.

Notice the gov folding himself out of the pic, and later burning himself out.
    Could be he's "woken up".
    How can anyone know how they will act when the zombies take over.
    Then he lost his wife.
    Then he still considered his child "treatable", and she was "killed" right before him.

I'm not excusing his actions.
    I am merely stating that this provides some back drop.

Now I'm wondering how they're going to fit this in to the prison.
    All 3 girls die??????
    Or they survive, and he's trying to figure how to get them in????
    It's not like he can walk up and say, "please take care of these girls".

Thank you, took the words right out of my mouth.

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Gubner, but his character is a lot deeper than what many of you are seeing.
    I initially wasn't happy with an ENTIRE episode dedicated to him, but again, thinking in the big picture,
    this episode introduced characters that may be hanging around for a while and might eventually be a part of Ricks group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom