• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worst. Season. Ever.

Daughter is DVR the series for me. She said I would not like it.

Just speaking to last nights episode but I liked it. I thought Tara did OK and the story telling was pretty good.

We still have a bit of a mystery about what happened to her partner but she survived and walked away.

The issue I have is that you CANNOT survive long term treating everyone as an enemy. You must grow, somehow. Tara nailed it by saying that if you treat everyone as an enemy everyone will become your enemy!

Cautious - absolutely! But having a blanket policy of killing every stranger will eventually p**s off someone who wasn't your enemy but is a lot stronger than you. Dumb, very dumb.

Saying that I do understand the motivation. There would need to be some protocol about how to interact for the first time with strangers. That of course was what Aaron was trying to do; assess people on the road, observe them, then initiate contact with those whom he decided were reasonable. Not the best but still much better than kill everyone we don't know.

It looks like next episode will give a much better picture of the Saviors and just how big they are, along with why they put up with Negan.

Regards,

Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last night was the first time I've seen an episode this season in its entirety (I keep falling asleep). It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't interesting. I think it was presenting some plot elements that will play a bigger role in the future, but they could have done that without devoting an hour and ten minutes to relatively uninteresting characters.

I will say that I was impressed at how agile and athletic the actor who plays Tara is even with her post-baby chub.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Just speaking to last nights episode but I liked it. I thought Tara did OK and the story telling was pretty good.

We still have a bit of a mystery about what happened to her partner but she survived and walked away.

The issue I have is that you CANNOT survive long term treating everyone as an enemy. You must grow, somehow. Tara nailed it by saying that if you treat everyone as an enemy everyone will become your enemy!

Cautious - absolutely! But having a blanket policy of killing every stranger will eventually p**s off someone who wasn't your enemy but is a lot stronger than you. Dumb, very dumb.

Saying that I do understand the motivation. There would need to be some protocol about how to interact for the first time with strangers. That of course was what Aaron was trying to do; assess people on the road, observe them, then initiate contact with those whom he decided were reasonable. Not the best but still much better than kill everyone we don't know.

It looks like next episode will give a much better picture of the Saviors and just how big they are, along with why they put up with Negan.

Regards,

Doug

Well, since Negan's group kinda goes around killing people the first and second time Rick's group met them, I kinda think they started the philosophy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I liked the last episode. And I noticed that Tara (who has just had a baby) was "bouncing" pretty good.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am enjoying this season more than perhaps any other season since 1. That opener was one of the darkest pieces of film I have ever watched.

I think the take on how human groups will interact with other human groups post apocalypse is the real focal point of the show. Zombies are just a by product used when necessary.

I also like when "regulars" get knocked off unexpectedly. No one is super human. It makes it more "real". Kind of like a SAW movie :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I too thought the newest episode was better at its core, who thinks this new group will help re arm Alexandria? I don't remember any ocean side people in the comics so these are uncharted waters. I wonder is Tara got her, I mean Negans revolver back.

Top Bottom