• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

If he does leave for a bit they don't have to kill him.

For example, he could easily make an attempt on Negan's life, fail, then run away and hide so that nobody knows where he is. Come back in a year or two when the heat is off, aka studies have eased up.

Or he could decide to take Enid someplace safe and come back from the jaunt when time allows.

I don't think things would go well if Carl died as it would have to affect Ricks character in an extremely powerful way, perhaps beyond what the character strength of the show could endure.

However, we shall see...

Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

Doug

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    In the comics anyways, Carl hops out of the truck in Negans compound and takes several people out with an M16! He is stopped after that and Negan keeps him safe, returning him to Rick with some humor. I think the show is more about Carl than Rick really.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the comics anyways, Carl hops out of the truck in Negans compound and takes several people out with an M16! He is stopped after that and Negan keeps him safe, returning him to Rick with some humor. I think the show is more about Carl than Rick really.

Lol....lets hope this isn't a spoiler, but it probably will be, since it's a badass moment, and cheap to film.

Kut (doesn't care anymore)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Does Negan shave his head first? Please?

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    They ticked off a lot of fans with their season ending cliff hanger. They killed off a popular character. The show took a much darker turn with Negan. So there are several things coming together to make fans leave the show.

This, and so far these episodes have been boring. I realize it's setting the new scene in terms of the situation the characters are now in but it's almost as boring as season 2, except you can mostly forgive season 2 because the show was still very new and had budget issues. Budget is certainly not an issue at this point.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This show could make him more money than he'd ever need and could be the best thing that ever happened to him. If he screws it up and goes to college, hopefully one of his professions ask "Wtf are you doing here". You can always get an education later, but when you have a gravy train rolling, you ride it as long as you can.

Agreed on the hair cut. It's getting too damn distracting and annoying now. Carol and Carl need to swap hair

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My wife and I have stopped watching. Violence associated with killing zombies is OK. Negan? Ultra-violence. Torture. Gratuitous.

TWD has jumped the shark with us.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

They ticked off a lot of fans with their season ending cliff hanger. They killed off a popular character. The show took a much darker turn with Negan. So there are several things coming together to make fans leave the show.

This, and so far these episodes have been boring. I realize it's setting the new scene in terms of the situation the characters are now in but it's almost as boring as season 2, except you can mostly forgive season 2 because the show was still very new and had budget issues. Budget is certainly not an issue at this point.

I notice the article doesn't even say the name GLEN once! I guess the author doesn't want to pee in his/her own pool.

I mentioned sometime in the past that there is a HUGE difference between a graphic novel bringing in a few million dollars a year and a television show bringing in 10's of millions of dollars for a company that has real investors and ROI is critical. Killing Glen was a very dumb fiscal move.

The social interaction for the television program is also much greater than it is with the graphic novel. There is/was NO Talking Dead program for the graphic novel, but there is for the television show. Hell, look at this very thread on INGO. We don't have any other threads anywhere that get together once a week or month to discuss any graphic novels, yet we sit around our computin machine and chat about how things are going on the show. We do this due to multiple factors, one of which is our enjoyment of the characters we are watching. Of those characters there are very few left that we have seen grow from season one (1) through today. Losing Glen erodes some continuity that has existed.

As much as I like(d) the Glen character imagine what the ratings would be had they killed Daryl!?!? Really??? I would be willing to be an extra million viewers would have tuned out. I can't prove it but just a hunch.

Finally, they wouldn't have lost anyone had the writers actually written for mature, surviving characters. If they would have presumed some good military thinking coming from Abe, Rosita, or anyone else they would have RECONED the enemy first. That way the initial attack may never had occurred, or better would have bushwhacked Negan himself on the road. But oh no, they jumped in like idiots and got reamed for it.

We shall see how much longer the show survives. I will always love post holocaust shows and movies, but there is a limit even for me.

Regards,

Doug

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My wife and I have stopped watching. Violence associated with killing zombies is OK. Negan? Ultra-violence. Torture. Gratuitous.

TWD has jumped the shark with us.

i am with you Alpo. The show has taken a weird turn for the worst. The zombie killing and fighting to stay alive is a different story than fighting the other humans. My wife and I havent stopped watching though...

Top Bottom