• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh look. More zealotry disguised as ignorance of how the Electoral College works. And separation of powers.

Not voting for Trump, yet voting for conservatives for the Senate (and even Todd Young) seems a better guard against the SCOTUS problem at this point.

I do not envy Trump critics in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania. That RCP post, and many posts from INGO Trump supporters, seem more appropriately addressed to them and not us Hoosiers.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Oh look. More zealotry disguised as ignorance of how the Electoral College works. And separation of powers.

Not voting for Trump, yet voting for conservatives for the Senate (and even Todd Young) seems a better guard against the SCOTUS problem at this point.

I do not envy Trump critics in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania. That RCP post, and many posts from INGO Trump supporters, seem more appropriately addressed to them and not us Hoosiers.

Not everyone that reads this forum is a Hoosier.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not everyone that reads this forum is a Hoosier.
    Certainly true. It is also probably true that not everyone who reads this forum is a gun owner.

And yet, if posts like that are intended for the non-Indiana people who come to INDIANA GUN OWNERS forum, perhaps some sort of clarification would be appropriate? I'll leave it to the poster to clarify that he (or she, I ought not presume), was directing that to voters from elsewhere.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Electoral College, you say

Seperation of Powers you say

Checks and balances, perhaps?

If you want checks and balances, vote Trump: Glenn Reynolds

If you want checks and balances, vote Trump: Glenn Reynolds

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Not mutually exclusive. ;)

You're exactly right, I thought about that after I posted, but he is a nationalist president of a free market democracy.

Just because he was born in a communist country, and served in a communist military, doesn't make him a communist.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You're exactly right, I thought about that after I posted, but he is a nationalist president of a free market democracy.

This is probably not the thread for this discussion, but Russia is not a free market, and likely not a democracy, other than in name.

Just becuase he served in a communist military, doesn't make him a communist.
    True.

Again, probably worth a different thread, but I think he is mostly opportunist.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have difficulty deciding if George Herbert Walker was our Putin (former spook become president) or if Putin is their GHWB
    To defend Trump's assessment of Putin - he's right that Putin is a great leader - GHWB was not. He was/is a good man, and a good president. But he was not the kind of natural leader that Putin is.

Now, to depart from Trump a bit (I think), both our system and our society are set up to prevent people like Putin from being elected or electable.

ETA:
    Somewhat related, Trump should try to spin off his own non-partisan party.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Russia

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have you never posted a link to an article where you like the pithy header for the article but the link doesn't replicate it?

Have you never realized that you could edit the post and remove the redundancy but been pretty much alraedy on to the next thing?

Scotch?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom