• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas Morning News has endorsed the GOP nominee for decades. Today that tradition ends.

Donald Trump is no Republican | Dallas Morning News

Trump supporters here that haven't heard of Dallas Morning News before this post... Do you have anything nice to say about them, or no?

Yes. There is a great Orthodox commentator that worked there, Rod Dreher. Not sure if he still does though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A few years ago we heard about how Independents were the cats meow of voters to get and it looks like Trump is getting more support from that group than hitlary...... are we changing course on them now?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A few years ago we heard about how Independents were the cats meow of voters to get and it looks like Trump is getting more support from that group than hitlary...... are we changing course on them now?

Along those lines, here's the CNN poll that shows Trump nominally in the lead (still within the MOE).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/09/05/rel13a.-.2016.post-labor.day.pdf

Couple points about it:

- the Trump lead is among "likely" voters. "Registered" voters still favor HRC. That suggests that there are some of her supporters will just stay home. These are probably from the "independent" group.
    - of those who've "made up" their mind, the candidates are tied at 35%. For HRC, there's 9% that could still change their mind. For Trump, that's 6%. Again, that shows the "independent" group, that aren't part of the base of either party, will swing the election.
    - Regardless of support, over 50% of those polled expect HRC to win.
    - Both candidates have 50+% unfavorable rating.
    - Republicans in that poll are more enthusiastic about the election than Democrats, so that's good for Trump.

Independents are fickle. That poll has a bunch of other questions that are interesting, too, for a national poll.

I'm not backing off my sentiment that national polls aren't very helpful this cycle, but I can admit when they are interesting. :)

ETA:
    Left out part of the methodology.

Among the entire sample, 28% described themselves as Democrats, 32% described themselves as Republicans, and 40%described themselves as independents or members of another party.

Not sure how they got such a huge percentage of self-described independents, but it does add to the interestingness of the poll.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But you don't hear any rank and file in the democratic camp speaking out about her.

Well, they are more cohesive that way. There are many people "out there" grumbling, but as a party they tend to present a pretty monolithic front.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just a gentle heads up; some of us grew up in those parts, and grew up during the Troubles.

And some of us had to flee to the colonies due to being burned at the stake for heresy during the Troubles in the 17th/early 18th century...

I am over it...I married a nice catholic girl and the wounds healed....When she threatens to burn me at the stake I know it's not because of my Faith but rather I left the seat up on the toilet...Again....:)

No hard feelings and no offense meant....Please accept my humble apology for possibly bringing up any bad memories....If you ever make it south you and I will share a glass of bourbon and toast the land that we live in now...A place where such things do not matter...

Erin go Bragh....

:ingo:

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And some of us had to flee to the colonies due to being burned at the stake for heresy during the Troubles in the 17th/early 18th century...

I am over it...I married a nice catholic girl and the wounds healed....When she threatens to burn me at the stake I know it's not because of my Faith but rather I left the seat up on the toilet...Again....:)

No hard feelings and no offense meant....Please accept my humble apology for possibly bringing up any bad memories....If you ever make it south you and I will share a glass of bourbon and toast the land that we live in now...A place where such things do not matter...

Erin go Bragh....

Irish.....scotch.....and you drink bourbon.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Erin go Bragh....

I got off lucky, my wife just threatens to divorce me and have me deported if I ever cheer for USC :D No apology necessary. For as much as Ireland is a place of stories and music a lot of less pleasant stuff serves as the background to those stories sadly.
    If we ever end up south I'll make sure to look you up, as long as you do the same if you ever come north :cheers:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    donald-trump-siblings-wp-650_650x400_71466648620.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A Plea to Never Trump Conservatives to Think Twice, Maybe More. | RealClearPolitics

...Republicans have two real choices. After setting aside the preposterous idea of voting for Clinton, they can either support Trump or take a walk. Not supporting a candidate who has so few redeeming qualities is quite understandable, but not voting seems–to revive an old 70s term–like a “cop out.”

Really, the two candidates are equally awful? Mocking a disabled news reporter is equal to lying about the Benghazi terrorist attack to the public and the victims’ families? Being nasty to John McCain and a Muslim-American Gold Star father is equal to shaking down Wall Street with the cover of some canned speeches for over $20 million?
    Rebuking a jackass is worth turning the Supreme Court into a rubber-stamp for liberal activism for the next generation? You really want to help do that?...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom