Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump, on national TV, took Jeb Bush's immigration plan. Including the "It's not amensty, but..." He says 'no amnesty' and no citizenship... but good illegals should stay and pay taxes. How does that work, in reality? When Rubio said the same thing, Hannity called it amnesty.

His description of what he'd like to do was identical to Bush's.

He even polled the town hall audience on whether he should do it.

He latched onto the alt-rights dearest issue... then abandoned it/them once they were no longer useful. If only there were a term for that.

I know I'm rubbing this in real hard... but let me step back for a second from the shadenfreud and ask the legitimate and reasonable Trump supporters: How does this reversal make you feel? Were any of you single-issue supporters with regards to this?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump, on national TV, took Jeb Bush's immigration plan. Including the "It's not amensty, but..." He says 'no amnesty' and no citizenship... but good illegals should stay and pay taxes. How does that work, in reality? When Rubio said the same thing, Hannity called it amnesty.

His description of what he'd like to do was identical to Bush's.

He even polled the town hall audience on whether he should do it.

He latched onto the alt-rights dearest issue... then abandoned it/them once they were no longer useful. If only there were a term for that.

I know I'm rubbing this in real hard... but let me step back for a second from the shadenfreud and ask the legitimate and reasonable Trump supporters: How does this reversal make you feel? Were any of you single-issue supporters with regards to this?

At this point, the only thing Trump supporters still have from his original platform is his un-PC language. Looks like he's rolled back most of his original platform, if not outright abandoning it. He's looking more and more like the liberal he's been for the majority of his life.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Not Clinton. He never gave details... you complained. The way primaries work is you have to play to the extremes to win the nomination, then move to the center to win the general. It's not new. Any nominee would be doing this at this point of the game.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm okay with it either way...Their vote is their choice..I don't think any less of them for voting so...I am doing the best I can to have them not think less of me because I am voting for him....I will do this through Trump's victory and I will not gloat when he beats Hillary by 5 points....

If I do please call me out on it....

As if anyone should be concerned about what establishment neo-cons will think of your support for Trump.

If anything, it should be wore as a badge of honor showing at least some in the republican party aren't too corrupt and too blind to want the country to come before the party.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump won't lose votes from this. The zero-day Trump supporters will see this as a calculated move to attract the middle by "saying the right thing." Several INGOers have said this very thing during the other Trump flip-flops. They will not be swayed.

Coulter was right about Trump supporters forgiving anything. She should have ended the sentence there.

The question will be whether any of the "middle" will believe this after his earlier rhetoric.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump won't lose votes from this. The zero-day Trump supporters will see this as a calculated move to attract the middle by "saying the right thing." Several INGOers have said this very thing during the other Trump flip-flops. They will not be swayed.

Coulter was right about Trump supporters forgiving anything. She should have ended the sentence there.

The question will be whether any of the "middle" will believe this after his earlier rhetoric.

Hey, maybe it is a weird strategy. Hillary is about to tie the alt-right around Trump's neck today... literally one day after he says something that they lose faith in him over (or not, who knows)? Could be trying to specifically distance himself from them.

Edit: Scathing piece from Commentary

Noah C Rothman said:
    So here we are at square 1, with Rubio's immigration plan but without his ability to win elections. You were conned

Trump’s Cuckolded Fans

Though I'd rather not see the term "cuck" co-opted by people that should be above that nonsense.

So here they are: supporting a candidate pitching Marco Rubio’s immigration plan but without Rubio’s charismatic ability to sell it to voters. Republicans who backed Donald Trump wanted all or nothing when it came to immigration, and they will get nothing.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Katrinia Pierson on CNN just said Trump hasn't "changed his position on immigration, he's just changed the words he's saying."

For example, he used to say "deport," now he's saying "don't deport." Basically the same thing!

Pierson has never been accused of being the "smart" one in a room.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

They'll just have to squint a bit harder to discern the daylight between Hillary and Trump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Makes me feel pretty good....I want the wall...Once we have the wall it will give us options on how to handle this issue...I speak some Spanish...Some of my very good friends are Hickspanics (like me but Hispanic), and my wife's family is from south of the border.....

If it were up to me we would build the wall and then I would appoint Kut as head of border security/immigration....I am confident of the caliber of folks from south of the border he would allow in...Very confident.....

Here is a pic of his first batch awaiting their papers....Looks like it's going good...

meeting-latin-women.jpg

I like Trump because he IS America...Bold, brash, speaks off the cuff (sometimes to his own detriment), and has that quality Teddy Roosevelt so admired in us...He has audacity....A non politician (mocked by the press and the establishment) under dog is running for President in my life time....Trump is America....

I understand the fear you all have of electing a non politician to POTUS...We have been conditioned for years to not believe that they would not be any good...The Founders, however, DESIGNED that office to be run by a member of the non political class...

I have faith they knew what they were doing...

IMHO (which seems to be scarce on both sides in this thread and with respect to Doug...)

Regards,

Indiucky

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Makes me feel pretty good....I want the wall...Once we have the wall it will give us options on how to handle this issue...I speak some Spanish...Some of my very good friends are Hickspanics (like me but Hispanic), and my wife's family is from south of the border.....

If it were up to me we would build the wall and then I would appoint Kut as head of border security/immigration....I am confident of the caliber of folks from south of the border he would allow in...Very confident.....

Here is a pic of his first batch awaiting their papers....Looks like it's going good...

meeting-latin-women.jpg

I like Trump because he IS America...Bold, brash, speaks off the cuff (sometimes to his own detriment), and has that quality Teddy Roosevelt so admired in us...He has audacity....A non politician (mocked by the press and the establishment) under dog is running for President in my life time....Trump is America....

I understand the fear you all have of electing a non politician to POTUS...We have been conditioned for years to not believe that they would not be any good...The Founders, however, DESIGNED that office to be run by a member of the non political class...

IMHO (which seems to be scarce on both sides in this thread and with respect to Doug...)

Regards,

Indiucky

Oooh..... I'd take that job!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Regards,

Indiucky

I agree Trump IS America. And not in a good way. His ignorance of the issues and his lack of ideological compass are concerning. A non-politician would be fine with me--if he could articulate why he stands for certain things, based on Constitutional principles and not which give him the loudest applause at his spectacles/rallies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Unfortunately, I don't think a pure constitutionalists can win the general. They would be outright demonized by the media and the left. That old tattered rag gets in the way of their utopia. Ironic, don't ya think? That those the document protects seek to destroy it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom