• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They should be criticized for that. At least beyond the point of what statistics say. I mean as far as reporting the statistical breakdown of demographics, it's fine. But if they say it to imply that mostly stupid people support Trump, that's simply not true, and goes far beyond what a journalist should be doing.

It's funny isn't it? I hear "uneducated whites" and "non college graduate whites" used in polls quite a bit...I never hear any other group split up that way....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As much as Mr. Trump loves to put his own foot in his mouth and chew on it, he is doing surprisingly well in the national poll averages.

According to Realclearpolitics.com currently Clinton is at 41.6% and Trump is at 37.3%, with Johnson at 8.9% and Stein at 3.4%.

If Trump can keep foot from mouth there is a tremendous amount of turnaround room for him, while Clinton has almost no room.

We shall see...

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's funny isn't it? I hear "uneducated whites" and "non college graduate whites" used in polls quite a bit...I never hear any other group split up that way....

It would seem that those arranging both the polls and the news reports are fixated on the notion that whites who are not liberals are uneducated dumbasses.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would seem that those arranging both the polls and the news reports are fixated on the notion that whites who are not liberals are uneducated dumbasses.

Eh, not so much the pollsters. Of course if the pollsters, in summarizing the results, are using charged language that implies Trump supporters are stupid, that's certainly a problem. But it's mostly been the reporting of the poll results that I find troubling. Why is it important to pick from the statistical detail, the education of Trump supporters who are White, and not the ones who are Black?

But you won't find CNN reporting much on that, probably because it's a losing story either way. If the few Blacks who favor Trump are more educated than the rest who favor Hillary, it goes against the "stupid" narrative. And if those few Blacks favoring Trump are less educated than the rest, CNN wouldn't want to be seen implying a group of Blacks are stupid. So if you want to find that information, you have to dig it out of the demographic details yourself.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    For all those wondering when Trump will start hitting clinton, here you go:

Trump slams Clinton for 'Third World'- style corruption | Daily Mail Online

(yay post 3000)

Your linked article says:

The Associated Press said the meetings between Clinton and donors did not appear to violate legal agreements she and her husband, former president Bill Clinton, signed before she joined the State Department.

However, the Constitution (Article I, Section 9) says:

8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

My understanding is that several of these 'donors' represented foreign countries and/or governments.

At the end of the day, it would seem that the agreement(s) signed upon becoming Secretary of State are irrelevant to the legality of Hillary's actions when the Constitution sets a more strict limit. She and the Kenyan do not have the legal privilege to disregard the law by mutual consent.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    However, the Constitution (Article I, Section 9) says:

My understanding is that several of these 'donors' represented foreign countries and/or governments.

At the end of the day, it would seem that the agreement(s) signed upon becoming Secretary of State are irrelevant to the legality of Hillary's actions when the Constitution sets a more strict limit. She and the Kenyan do not have the legal privilege to disregard the law by mutual consent.

That constitutional provision only partly means what you think it means. Or, to put it another way, doesn't really apply (as far as I can tell) the way you are trying to stretch it.

The Clinton Foundation was never elected to anything. The donors gave to the foundation.

And, before you go too far down that path of saying the entity is an alter ego for the individual, consider the impact of that if Trump is elected president. ;)

Did not participate in what?
    Marital relations?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know I say "you've been conned" a lot... so I won't say it this time. Just know I'm thinking it.

Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book - The Daily Beast

FEC rules dictate the Republican nominee must forgo royalties on the book’s sales, or else the $55,000 purchase at Barnes & Noble was illegal.

Donald Trump used his campaign funds to buy thousands of copies of his own book at retail cost, simultaneously diverting donor money back into his pockets while artificially boosting his sales figures. It’s a tactic that may be illegal, campaign finance experts say.

A spokesperson for the Republican nominee told The Daily Beast the books were purchased “as part of gifting at the convention, which we have to do.” Sure enough, delegates in attendance at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July were given canvas tote bags, stamped with the Trump slogan, and filled with copies of Crippled America, as well as Kleenex and Make America Great Again! cups, hats, and T-shirts. Delegates were also given plastic fetus figurines.

... What's with the Kleenex? I mean, I know his supporters really like him... but...?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm a big fan of co-opting an opponent's tactics, so being a "Leninist" as Bannon apparently used the term doesn't necessarily offend me.

I also wonder, though, if his more extreme goals were disclosed to the Trump people. Seems VERY odd to pick that guy as a leader of the campaign and Pence as the VP.

Almost schizophrenic, actually.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a big fan of co-opting an opponent's tactics, so being a "Leninist" as Bannon apparently used the term doesn't necessarily offend me.

I also wonder, though, if his more extreme goals were disclosed to the Trump people. Seems VERY odd to pick that guy as a leader of the campaign and Pence as the VP.

Almost schizophrenic, actually.

I would feel more comfortable if I knew what his ideology was.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nigel Farage and Trump are to appear on stage together in the U.S. tonight to discuss "the Brexit story"

Farage is the ex-UKIP leader behind the Britain exit from the EU.

Wondering what the angle is here... just independence? Surely no one plans to compare US and UK Conservatism.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom