• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    He is less experienced in actually getting rid of debt. Except by selling things. Unless we nationalize certain markets/businesses, we can't operate like that as a sovereign.
    Don't forget bankruptcy.

That's kind of sad. To live a live where you probably hate over 50% of your fellow Americans just because they fall to the left of you on the political spectrum... :(

There's a difference between not liking somebody because of their political beliefs, and not liking them because they attack yours.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    That comment doesn't even imply a political leaning. He just criticized money spent on play dough, rather than essentials. But somehow that makes him a "vile POS liberal." Do people even look up words nowadays? "Vile?"
    Geez.

Don't you think keeping a child's moral up is essential?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't you think keeping a child's moral up is essential?

In the short-term? No. Keeping the child fed and clothed is more essential. Trump obviously can't help every person in the disaster zone that needs food and clothing. So, he can dispense with the toys, and hand out as many essentials as he can. I'm not knocking him because he's doing something, and that is commendable, but the playdoh is kinda ridiculous.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    His role in the Kingsman movie was very fitting.

It's a shame I couldn't watch it. Can't see past Jackson's going out of his way to trash my (maybe our :dunno:) better interests. Jackson's real life actions overpower his acting persona. Actors/entertainers should STFU and do their job, if they don't want to taint their work. Liberace had it right.

Yes, Sam Jackson is not just a liberal, he is a vile POS liberal. Not any different from Matt Damon, Lena Dunham, John Mellencamp, etc.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you have no problem shoveling piles of cash to actors like Matt Damon, and Leonardo DiCaprio who want to take your second amendment rights?

I don't they make great movies, and aren't legislators. They're entitled to their opinions, and in most instances the films they make, make firearms MORE attractive to own, not less. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So. I got an email from Trump's new campaign manager this morning.

One interesting thing is that she identifies me as a "Big League Supporter" which is odd because they only got my name and email from the Ben Carson list.

But then, she goes on to say:
    But we still have a lot to do, and little time to do it.

We have 77 days to:
    • Broaden our support and win over the hearts of undecided voters
    • Fight back against Hillary’s slanderous attacks with ads of our own
    • Execute a massive, nationwide grassroots ground game

Well, when she puts it like that, it sounds kinda ridiculous. In fact, I think there's a bit of passive-aggressive lashing out at Manafort embedded in that breakdown.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I don't they make great movies, and aren't legislators. They're entitled to their opinions, and in most instances the films they make, make firearms MORE attractive to own, not less. :dunno:

I won't go to the theater and pay full price for their movies; I'll watch them on Netflix, or Red Box, and ***** about their politics the whole time.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I find it hypocritical for Matt Damon to make money off glorifying violence and guns, then to preach to us how evil they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    .gov is a liar.

I am way behind on my INGO politiccing.

No. Government is not a liar because it can't lie.

This reminds me of a Milton Friedman quote that I'll just paraphrase because I don't want to look it up. He said that the government doesn't have any responsibility. The individuals in it have the responsibility. A building or structure doesn't have responsibility. People do.

When we say the government lies, it's just a colloquial statement. In the most practical way, the government is only an organizational structure. It is mindless without the people who run it. It can't lie any more than it can be responsible. The people in government are responsible for their acts on behalf of the people in accordance with it's charter, and how they use the power of government. When people in government lie, their lies are backed by the power of the government they control.

Likewise, Hillary Clinton's campaign doesn't lie. She does. Trump's campaign doesn't lie, he does. The individuals working for their campaigns can lie.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hypocrites. Don't glorify what you hate. Take a stand. Refuse to promote it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

My problem with those celebrities is that our pop culture is made less sane because people like Samuel Jackson and Matt Daemon get to user their celebrity to advocate for insane policies. And I'm not advocating that we silence them. I'm advocating that they exercise their celebrity with at least an ounce of responsibility.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My problem with those celebrities is that our pop culture is made less sane because people like Samuel Jackson and Matt Daemon get to user their celebrity to advocate for insane policies. And I'm not advocating that we silence them. I'm advocating that they exercise their celebrity with at least an ounce of responsibility.

We both know that depends on where the celebrities place their loyalty. Donald Trump for instance. I don't care, honestly, they care advocate all they want.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We both know that depends on where the celebrities place their loyalty. Donald Trump for instance. I don't care, honestly, they care advocate all they want.

I imagine Donald Trump as a candidate would be taken more seriously if Donald Trump the celebrity had behaved more responsibly with his celebrity.

As for celebrity itself, I abhor it. No individual is better than another, or has a more valid opinion, simply because he or she is well known. I wouldn't have an issue with it if it weren't for celebrity-worshipers who hang on their every word. So I probably hold celebrity-worshipers in less regard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is one for mrjarrell...He's a mike Rowe fan...Probably not now though lol....

Mike Rowe Criticizes Media For Calling Trump Voters Uneducated | The Daily Caller

They should be criticized for that. At least beyond the point of what statistics say. I mean as far as reporting the statistical breakdown of demographics, it's fine. But if they say it to imply that mostly stupid people support Trump, that's simply not true, and goes far beyond what a journalist should be doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom