• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I read earlier that his polling among black voters has improved dramatically since his appearance in Milwaukee.

"Dramatically" is subjective. If he improved his black support by 100%, he'd still be well under 25%. There's really no rhyme or reason to his "95%" comment. I'm pretty sure we all know that.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Am3INWy.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    think you need to look at the bigger picture. It's not falling apart.

This is a case of consolidating the base that Trump perceived as necessary to victory during the primary then running to the center on an epic scale never before seen in American politics to win the general!!!

So what is the truth? What does Trump actually support. The people who supported Trump most fiercely said that his immigration policy was his main draw. So, is he telling the truth about that, and lying about moving to the center? Or, did he lie about his immigration policy that drew all the Trump supporters, and now he's showing the real Trump? That's the problem with supporting a liar. You don't know when they're telling YOU the truth.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I look at Trump as ignorant.

If an ignorant person makes a claim or stakes out a position and later changes their position given further information, I don't call them a liar, do you?

Actually I try not to call anyone a liar....

Most people talk in extremes and support extremes in sound bite form.

Few really are.

At least that's my experience.

So what is the truth? What does Trump actually support. The people who supported Trump most fiercely said that his immigration policy was his main draw. So, is he telling the truth about that, and lying about moving to the center? Or, did he lie about his immigration policy that drew all the Trump supporters, and now he's showing the real Trump? That's the problem with supporting a liar. You don't know when they're telling YOU the truth.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here's what I think a lot of people are voting for: someone they don't own that will go in there and kick all of them in the nuts, stomp the groin, and restomp the groin.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't believe Trump said he was deporting everyone. He said his policies would cause self-deportation. He is obviously pandering to Univision's audience.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Trump predicts he can win 95 percent of the black vote - POLITICO

Might be better in the facepalm thread.

Last I checked, he had 0%.

It would appear that you didn't hear the whole quote.
    He said that after the first 4 years of his presidency he would get 95% of the black vote during his second election.

By the way.

Who among you, when you are infuriated at the things that you see happening don't say things like, "I'd like to blow his head off" or "I'd like to take a ball bat to him" or "I think we ought to build a wall to keep them out" or even "I think we ought to send them back to where they came from" even though you know that you cannot actually do it, but you'd like to do if you could.

Well, I think that is what has driven Trump to say some of the things he has said.
    He is voicing the things that many people are thinking.
    He hasn't gotten to where he is by being stupid or hiring stupid people.

Many people see the stupidity of electing another politician and expecting a different result.
    They want someone who has proven they can get things done. They want someone who has proven they know how to deal with finance's.
    That's why many, many people have chosen Donald Trump as their standard bearer in the GOP.
    He may say stupid things at times but who of you haven't?
    I think he started out on a lark but then it began to snowball and he began to think WOW! I might really be able to "Make America Great Again" Let's do it.

The alternative is "more of the same" with Hillary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I look at Trump as ignorant.

If an ignorant person makes a claim or stakes out a position and later changes their position given further information, I don't call them a liar, do you?

Actually I try not to call anyone a liar....

Most people talk in extremes and support extremes in sound bite form.

Few really are.

At least that's my experience.

First. Lies. If someone knows the truth and tells you something different, that's a lie. I don't mind calling people liars when it's pretty obvious they know the truth and tell something different. For example, Hillary Clinton knows the truth about her email server and told America something she knew wasn't true. I have no problem at all calling her a liar.

Next, pandering: We have a two-party electoral system, so I expect politicians to pander. There is not a majority of conservatives, progressives, or moderates, so candidates typically pander to at least one group to win enough support to be elected. But Trump's pandering is astonishingly grand and obvious. It goes beyond simply spinning his views to make them more palatable for more voters.

The wall: Given what Trump has said lately about immigration, he makes it sound like the whole wall thing was more like a figure of speech. But, the whole reason many Trump supporters got on the bandwagon in the first place is because of that damn wall, and because of his immigration policies. In fact, some INGOers pretty much declared that is his signature issue. Many of you guys argued against people suggesting what Trump is advocating now. But now, in order to continue your support, you're changing your opinions to match Trump's latest rhetoric. So, I have to wonder, if Trump took the same position he's advocating now, would you have supported him from the beginning? Or did you just "evolve"?

Now about how people talk. Yeah, Trump does use colloquial language. That's one of his legitimate appeals. Politicians often use more formal language, more guarded, and it's sort of built up a perception of what we think is "presidential" language. Trump just stand up the the lectern and talks like he's sitting in your living room trying to pitch a $2000 vacuum cleaner. And in every-day informal speech, yes, we do tend to speak in extremes. Us married folks understand that very well. "You NEVER put the seat down!" "Um, yes I do. I put it down last week. Technically, that's not 'never'".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's what I think a lot of people are voting for: someone they don't own that will go in there and kick all of them in the nuts, stomp the groin, and restomp the groin.

That's just not practical. And not that I wouldn't mind if someone kicked Hillary in the balls. But what do they do after all the groins have been kicked? Is there a plan for after that? And what if Trump doesn't really want to kick anyone in the groin? What if he just wants to gain personally from all this? What if he's lying to everyone? One way or the other, he seems to be lying about immigration.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    First. Lies. If someone knows the truth and tells you something different, that's a lie. I don't mind calling people liars when it's pretty obvious they know the truth and tell something different. For example, Hillary Clinton knows the truth about her email server and told America something she knew wasn't true. I have no problem at all calling her a liar.

For me to call someone a liar is making a judgment of a person who is created in God's image and is a sin.

To call a statement a lie is fine.

Next, pandering: We have a two-party electoral system, so I expect politicians to pander. There is not a majority of conservatives, progressives, or moderates, so candidates typically pander to at least one group to win enough support to be elected. But Trump's pandering is astonishingly grand and obvious. It goes beyond simply spinning his views to make them more palatable for more voters.

Thst is another way of saying what I was saying, I think. :)

The wall: Given what Trump has said lately about immigration, he makes it sound like the whole wall thing was more like a figure of speech. But, the whole reason many Trump supporters got on the bandwagon in the first place is because of that damn wall, and because of his immigration policies. In fact, some INGOers pretty much declared that is his signature issue. Many of you guys argued against people suggesting what Trump is advocating now. But now, in order to continue your support, you're changing your opinions to match Trump's latest rhetoric. So, I have to wonder, if Trump took the same position he's advocating now, would you have supported him from the beginning? Or did you just "evolve"?

I am not really included in the "you" group so I cant answer really. It was more your paragraph below thst I admire.

Now about how people talk. Yeah, Trump does use colloquial language. That's one of his legitimate appeals. Politicians often use more formal language, more guarded, and it's sort of built up a perception of what we think is "presidential" language. Trump just stand up the the lectern and talks like he's sitting in your living room trying to pitch a $2000 vacuum cleaner. And in every-day informal speech, yes, we do tend to speak in extremes. Us married folks understand that very well. "You NEVER put the seat down!" "Um, yes I do. I put it down last week. Technically, that's not 'never'".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom