Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There hasn't even been a debate yet.

Romney would have won if he didn't tuck his head in his shell and be the nice guy. Trump isn't going to do that. It's going to be explosive. HRC is going to talk in circles. If Trump hits the points he will demolish her.

Relax.

I keep hearing the voices on right-wing radio saying that "The Debates" will push public opinion toward Trump, but that's hardly a forgone conclusion. Debates aren't won by being "explosive"...they are won by staying focused and remaining on-point. Trump is not well-known for his ability to do that.

Clinton is a practiced liar, and no stranger to the "game" of high-profile politics. When she gets on stage she will ignore both the moderator's questions, and Trump's commentary...every response will be dig at Trump followed by a pivot back to her stump speech...just watch. She doesn't stand to gain anything by answering any questions, but she can use the "Debates" as free publicity to position herself as the "only adult in the room" (something she has been doing already for months).

Trump, on the other hand, has everything to lose EVERYTIME he opens his mouth. The debates are a perfect time for Clinton to bait Trump into reacting with off-the-cuff "Trump-isms" and to keep the conversation focused on how terrible a candidate HE is, instead of how terrible a candidate SHE is. The media will run with Trump's "Gaffe Du Jour", and Clinton will continue her inevitable march to the White House.

Clinton's only task in this election is to remind people that she's been here for 20 years...and the Republic hasn't crumbled because of it so far. Her job is to paint herself as the candidate of experience and stability versus an agent of Chaos. The "Powers That Be" loathe instability above all else...and Trump is the candidate running on de-stabilizing the American system.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Trump is the candidate running on de-stabilizing the American system.

No, Trump is the candidate running on destabilizing the elite, big bank, establishment politician, globalist, military industrial complex systems.

Hillary is the one that will destabilize America, with more middle eastern war, illegal immigration, more Muslim refugees, and even possible war with Russia.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, Trump is the candidate running on destabilizing the elite, big bank, establishment politician, globalist, military industrial complex systems.

So...exactly what I wrote then?

There is a great deal of power...a great deal of inertia...behind those institutions. And those institutions all (at least seem to) fall solidly behind Clinton.

Trimp isn't going to change that on his current course, and I don't think he can count on the debates to significantly alter his chances this November.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump is just the swing of the pendulum. He has to happen, he is the answer for today.

The answer for today? You really believe that? Why? What makes you so sure that Trump is even telling you the truth? I mean, that's just kinda like blind faith. He HAS to happen? Why? You think there's some kind of cosmic karma force that yings the yang?

Dude. There's a prophecy. It involves a dragon, an oval, and a cast of oddball characters that sometimes don't get along but always seem to come together as a team when it counts. Most of all, though, there's a prophecy. And magic.

And a deus ex machina ending that will blow your mind.

So it has to happen.

When has he ever said anything like this?

And, you see this as a good thing?

Besides, had to double check - that's more along what Bernie tried to campaign on.

Hillary is the one that will destabilize America, with more middle eastern war, illegal immigration, more Muslim refugees, and even possible war with Russia.
    Now you have me really confused.

You want Trump to destabilize America, but don't want Hillary to? I have an idea: why don't we find someone who will stabilize American economy and leave the rest of it pretty much alone.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    First, thank you for the links. I do appreciate that. I really though you were talking about one thing, when it was several. :)

Second, though, Trump doesn't say what you think he says. Well, he does, but in typical Trump fashion, he also says the opposite.

Skepticism of foreign wars is not taking on the MIC.

Here's what he actually says.

Trump's military spending flip-flop - POLITICO
    "I’m going to make our military so big, so powerful, so strong, that nobody — absolutely nobody — is going to mess with us,” Trump says in a 23-second video stating his position on “the military” on his campaign website.

At the same time, he has pledged to rein in defense contractors and their boosters in Congress, criticizing them for forcing the Pentagon to buy what he labels unneeded weapons. If successful, that could force more factories to close. “A lot of the equipment that we get in the military is not the equipment that the generals want,” Trump said at a May rally in Indiana. “It’s forced down their throat by a company that is politically good but doesn’t make the equipment that is good.”

Really, what this means is that his favorites will be different than the current favorites (and, cynically, I suspect it will reflect his portfolio). It cannot mean that he will "destabilize" the MIC.

Still curious why you think it would be good to destabilize it. :)

Glass-Steagall isn't exactly designed to bring down big banks. As you may recall, banks were still plenty powerful when it was in effect. ;)

Now, everyone - both parties and Trump - recognizes that some more regulation in this area is probably a good idea. Tearing them down - unless you have a specific quote from Trump - is not part of the plan.

Don't get me started on Trump's "globalism" issue. He uses it as a buzzword.
    Donald Trump, Free Trade Isn?t ?Globalism? | National Review

That does a better job than I could. :)

It is very hard to accept that his criticism of "elites" is genuine when he is and has been one of those elites. He his a product of the system that you think he wants to take down.

Plus, how much power would he need to achieve such a thing, if it was even a good idea?

I don't think you need a link to know how he feels about establishment politics.
    Oh, I know how he feels, that's for sure. ;) He's spoken often about his fandom for the establishment politicians. :D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Many of the Trump supporters here are afraid he is not going to win...Many of the never Trumpers are mad that he is not going to win, they believe the Republicans had a chance and they blew it by nominating Trump...

I'm a little different....I have resigned myself (about 4 months or so now) that he is for certain going to win....My fear is not that he is going to lose, but that he is going to win and what kind of chaos that win will bring and then what kind of potential chaos a Trump Presidency may bring...Not because he is good or bad, but with the hatred the media, pop stars, actors, actresses, establishment republicans, democrats, etc... have for him I am going to have to listen to at least four years of albums, TV shows, news broadcasts, films, SNL skits etc....Trashing him over and over again....

It was nice when Obama got in because every song on the radio wasn't how bad the President sucked, every film that came out wasn't a big "OMG We shouldn't have went in to Iraq for oil" themed film, SNL skits were about how awesome the President is....The media (who hated golf and thought it was "un Presidential" when Bush played) suddenly found themselves in love with the game and our Presidents love for it....No more hearing the media bring on addiction experts to question whether Bush's underage daughter getting caught at a bar with a fake ID was proof of genetic addiction problems in the Bush family...It was cool to see Obama's 18 year old daughter puffing on a blunt at a concert and have the media not even report it or when they did it was just being "kids will be kids lol"...No addiction experts wondering if Obama's cocaine abuse when he was young was genetic....

It's a brave new world we are heading to...For the first time in 8 years we are going to see the media shake off it's leash and get back to trashing a President and his family.....As long as he has an "R" for his party affiliation....

Happy Days are here again...:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    QUOTE=T.Lex;6684496]So, you're saying she just put up with him because he wasn't as bad as the other [strike]nominees[/strike] options? :D[/QUOTE]

"And Indiucky pitches a nice one...T lex, grinning with his eye on the ball swings and OMG IT"S OUT OF THE PARK!!!!!!!!!":)

C,mon...You never Trumpers know this is going to be a blast....I for one can't wait..Especially now that Hillary is having to prop her self up with pillows.....This is going to be a hoot...

hillary-pillow-575x399.jpg

pillow7.jpg

Remember when age and health mattered? Like when McCain or Reagan were running...Good times when the media vetted such things eh???

In honor of Hornandy (who never liked me but I liked him)....

Anyone but Hillary...:)

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I feel that I am one of the very few that actually appreciates that Trump isn't one of these "real conservatives" that I hear about.

I could add that I am still waiting for one of these 'real conservatives' to make an appearance on the national stage, as oppose to the relative few that pay lip service to conservative values while in reality being establishment hacks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ... Another call from the RNC asking me to donate $100 for Trump.

Definitely barking up the wrong tree.
    The RNC has been barking up the wrong tree with me far before Trump ever came along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom