• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    The GOP is 100% to blame for the mess they are in. For years they have deceived and betrayed their own base when they weren't simply ignoring them and doing whatever served their own interests. They are just the Right Wing of the Political Class and they have more in common with Democrats than they have with those of us living out here in Flyover Country.

It's been obvious for a long time the GOP tools would rather lose the race for the White House and even give up their majorities in Congress than surrender control of the party apparatus to Conservatives who represent the base. All they are concerned about is saving their seats on the DC gravy train, even if they have to sit behind the Democrats. They know Conservatives would stop that train and make them all get off.

Well, they finally made people so disgusted with them that no one associated with the party could win the nomination. Whatever happens, they own it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The GOP is 100% to blame for the mess they are in. For years they have deceived and betrayed their own base when they weren't simply ignoring them and doing whatever served their own interests. They are just the Right Wing of the Political Class and they have more in common with Democrats than they have with those of us living out here in Flyover Country.

It's been obvious for a long time the GOP tools would rather lose the race for the White House and even give up their majorities in Congress than surrender control of the party apparatus to Conservatives who represent the base. All they are concerned about is saving their seats on the DC gravy train, even if they have to sit behind the Democrats. They know Conservatives would stop that train and make them all get off.

Well, they finally made people so disgusted with them that no one associated with the party could win the nomination. Whatever happens, they own it.
    Bingo! Trump's rise to the nomination in this election is a rejection of the party ruling class. It's damn unfortunate that it took a candidate such as Trump to convey that message. And the **** kicker is the establishment still doesn't get it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Out of curiosity, which conservatives are those?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The disappointment isn't with Hillary. We've all known for 8 years she would be the democratic candidate. What is most unfortunate is that in those 8 years, the GOP hasn't been able to get its act together to bring a viable candidate that the voters of MORE than just a small fraction of the nation could stand behind. That is the problem, boys. It ain't Hillary. It's that the GOP can't do anything except oppose whatever anyone else does.

Frankly, you can't get moderate republicans to run because some of you have strong objections to anyone who doesn't pass your purity test.

So, what do you end up with? Trump.

Great job.

I agree with everything you said about Republicans. But I strongly disagree with you that the Democrats are blameless. It doesn'n matter how long we've known that she would be the nominee. Why did Democrats choose her in the first place? She's a ****ing criminal!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The disappointment isn't with Hillary. We've all known for 8 years she would be the democratic candidate. What is most unfortunate is that in those 8 years, the GOP hasn't been able to get its act together to bring a viable candidate that the voters of MORE than just a small fraction of the nation could stand behind. That is the problem, boys. It ain't Hillary. It's that the GOP can't do anything except oppose whatever anyone else does.

Frankly, you can't get moderate republicans to run because some of you have strong objections to anyone who doesn't pass your purity test.

So, what do you end up with? Trump.

Great job.

Well, at least we have (and value the results of) a purity test. The Dems, ehh ... not so much

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So you say. She hasn't been convicted of a crime, to my knowledge.

But, perhaps I have a different standard for "high crimes and misdemeanors" than you do. For example, I don't believe Nixon or Wm Clinton should have been impeached.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But, perhaps I have a different standard for "high crimes and misdemeanors" than you do. For example, I don't believe Nixon or Wm Clinton should have been impeached.

There is at least one Iranian nuclear scientist and four state dept employees who would likely disagree with you if they weren't quite so ... dead

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Neither was Al Capone until he got popped on tax evasion. But I doubt many would equate his lack of convictions in any way with 'innocence'

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

You don't need to be convicted of a crime to be a criminal if the entire nation witnessed you perform said crime on live national television.

One or 2 possibilities:
    1.) Hillary is guilty of perjury to congress
    2.) Comey is guilty of perjury to congress

Pick one.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm no Clinton fan, but I have less of an issue with people lying than you must. Everyone lies (If you say you have never told a serious lie, I'll say you're lying). Somehow, the downstream effect of a lie should be considered, but the lie itself doesn't cause me heartburn.

If you provide me with only two choices (Clinton and Trump), I'll take the measure of both. To say that Clinton is a liar and is therefore less qualified for the presidency than Trump without recognizing Trump as a liar is disingenuous at best.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm no Clinton fan, but I have less of an issue with people lying than you must. Everyone lies (If you say you have never told a serious lie, I'll say you're lying). Somehow, the downstream effect of a lie should be considered, but the lie itself doesn't cause me heartburn.

If you provide me with only two choices (Clinton and Trump), I'll take the measure of both. To say that Clinton is a liar and is therefore less qualified for the presidency than Trump without recognizing Trump as a liar is disingenuous at best.

OK, move on to the next point of comparison. How many people associated with Trump have died under questionable circumstances (think driving himself to the park after committing suicide, dying in a plane crash with a bullet in his head, being killed by robbers who didn't take anything)?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Did Trump lie to congress, and use that lie to cover up criminal wrong doings that have resulted in deaths of our own people?

If hillary is willing to do that, what won't she do when she's in the position of ultimate authority?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    OK, move on to the next point of comparison. How many people associated with Trump have died under questionable circumstances (think driving himself to the park after committing suicide, dying in a plane crash with a bullet in his head, being killed by robbers who didn't take anything)?

:+1:

Did Trump lie to congress, and use that lie to cover up criminal wrong doings that have resulted in deaths of our own people?

If hillary is willing to do that, what won't she do when she's in the position of ultimate authority?

:+1:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trump has not been exposed to the political environment, so one must look at his business dealings to get an idea how ethical he might be in that role. I think he doesn't make the cut.

As to Clinton killing people, you have no proof, better people than you with more money and power have attempted to staple her to those "facts" and have failed. You really have no standing to make such accusations. They are only what you imagine.

That being said, I won't vote for Clinton. And I certainly would never vote for Trump.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump has not been exposed to the political environment, so one must look at his business dealings to get an idea how ethical he might be in that role. I think he doesn't make the cut.

As to Clinton killing people, you have no proof, better people than you with more money and power have attempted to staple her to those "facts" and have failed. You really have no standing to make such accusations. They are only what you imagine.

That being said, I won't vote for Clinton. And I certainly would never vote for Trump.

WikiLeaks CONFIRMS Hillary Sold Weapons to ISIS... Then Drops Another BOMBSHELL! Breaking News

Arming known foreign terrorist organizations is a definition for a terrorist under the department of homeland security.

As for clinton killing people, I doubt she's put a gun to anyone's head. But she's certainly pulling strings that are resulting in high death tolls.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, Reagan was a terrorist?

I suppose we always knew the CIA, from day 1, was a "terrorist" organization, as you define it.

I think Obama gets the door prize for killing people. Something like 24,000 bombings this past year.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, Reagan was a terrorist?

I think Obama gets the door prize for killing people. Something like 24,000 bombings this past year.

I hold Carter and Reagan responsible for the destabilization of the middle east in the heat of their red scare cold war propaganda.

So in a sense, yes. Granted their goals were more about keeping Russia from taking over the middle east, and mrs clinton's goals are all about toppling regimes and causing chaos for their own political aims and strategic goals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom