Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump, being Trump... attacks Khizr Khan, the father of a U.S. soldier killed in Iraq. Why would he go after a soldier's father? Because he spoke against him at the DNC.

Really just a pattern of going after the wrong people, people that don't like him. Focus your insults on your actual opponents... This may come as a surprise, but a lot of good people simply don't support you.

Too bad Mr. Khan isn't the Democrat nominee... he could have avoided Trump's wrath.

Trump draws backlash for comments on slain soldier's father | TheHill

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Things are a bit dicier for the parents when the heroic death doesn't fit the narrative

Patricia Smith, mother of Sean Smith, one of four Americans killed in the Benghazi terror attacks, absolutely obliterated Hillary Clinton during an interview on CNN. Smith said the Democrat presidential candidate had not contacted her with any information regarding her son’s death – with the exception of one statement.

“She has not given me any information,” Smith said, “except to tell me that I am not a member of the immediate family, and I do not need to know.”

In fact, in 2013 she told another CNN host, Jake Tapper, the same exact story.

“The only thing that they will tell me is I’m not a member of the immediate family,” she said. “And I don’t understand that because I still remember the labor pains, which was quite a while ago.”
    That wasn’t the only emotional statement during this most recent interview.

Via The Blaze:

The mother answered affirmatively and reiterated later in the interview that she had been told by the government that she’s not “a member of the immediate family.”
    Smith absolutely unleashed on the Democratic presidential candidate after Costello played a clip of Clinton’s 2013 testimony about the attack, during which she uttered the infamous line, “what difference at this point does it make?”

“She’s lying, she’s absolutely lying,” Smith said emphatically.

“I saw on the TV the bloody fingerprints on the walls over there. I asked specifically, ‘Are those my son’s fingerprints crawling down the walls, the bloody fingerprints?’” she said. “Nobody ever got back to me on that. Are those his fingerprints? Were those his fingerprints? What happened? Somebody’s got to tell me from the government.”
    Comment: Can you believe Hillary Clinton would stoop this low to cover up her role in Benghazi?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Things are a bit dicier for the parents when the heroic death doesn't fit the narrative

Patricia Smith, mother of Sean Smith, one of four Americans killed in the Benghazi terror attacks, absolutely obliterated Hillary Clinton during an interview on CNN. Smith said the Democrat presidential candidate had not contacted her with any information regarding her son’s death – with the exception of one statement.

“She has not given me any information,” Smith said, “except to tell me that I am not a member of the immediate family, and I do not need to know.”

In fact, in 2013 she told another CNN host, Jake Tapper, the same exact story.

“The only thing that they will tell me is I’m not a member of the immediate family,” she said. “And I don’t understand that because I still remember the labor pains, which was quite a while ago.”
    That wasn’t the only emotional statement during this most recent interview.

Via The Blaze:

The mother answered affirmatively and reiterated later in the interview that she had been told by the government that she’s not “a member of the immediate family.”
    Smith absolutely unleashed on the Democratic presidential candidate after Costello played a clip of Clinton’s 2013 testimony about the attack, during which she uttered the infamous line, “what difference at this point does it make?”

“She’s lying, she’s absolutely lying,” Smith said emphatically.

“I saw on the TV the bloody fingerprints on the walls over there. I asked specifically, ‘Are those my son’s fingerprints crawling down the walls, the bloody fingerprints?’” she said. “Nobody ever got back to me on that. Are those his fingerprints? Were those his fingerprints? What happened? Somebody’s got to tell me from the government.”
    Comment: Can you believe Hillary Clinton would stoop this low to cover up her role in Benghazi?

At what point was this said? Do you have a link. From the way you're framing it, Clinton completely ignored the family. The article below indicates otherwise. I'm not understanding the point you're trying to make, if you could clarify.

Mother of Sean Smith who was killed in Benghazi calls Hillary Clinton a liar | Daily Mail Online

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Watch Clinton Call The Mother Of A Benghazi Victim A Liar

Mother of Benghazi Victim Erupts at Hillary Clinton: ?She?s Lying!? | Mediaite

The DNC was using the Khans to make a point. I have given you just one of many examples of sacrifice that they do not honor.

The point, which I believe Khizr Khan made overtly, is to critique Trump's position on unrestricted Muslim immigration. To whit:

“If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America,” Mr. Khan exclaimed about his deceased son during his speech, his wife by his side. Mr. Khan said that Mr. Trump “wants to build walls and ban us from this country.”

He has reached for a hypothetical because he and his family have been here for decades. They were probably far more thoroughly vetted than they would be today and likely any Trump-inspired vetting process would still have admitted them. Mr Khan was living in the UAE when he emigrated here to attend Harvard Law School

One could just as easily go with a different hypothetical, that if Trump had been president instead of 'W' that there could very easily have been no Iraq war for their son to die in, or if there had been one it would already have been over. After all the first Iraq war only lasted 100hrs because it didn't get bogged down in nationbuilding

The Khan's son did indeed die a heroic death. It just galls me that the same party that stonewalls any meaningful answers about Benghazi and asserts that the mothers of those fallen are being used for political purposes
    is so willing to do the same when they feel it would benefit them. It must have been especially tempting for them because usually the families of the fallen are not quite such big fans of Democrats

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The appeal of Donald Trump is that he sticks it to the Establishment. Our kind has been waiting DECADES for someone to do this....

And those of us with a decent grasp of history know that when your reasons for voting for somebody are:
    a) I want to "stick it to the Establishment"
    b) Hillary's an intolerable [insert epithet of choice here] (not that I would disagree with this!)

THEN
    a) you'd better be careful what you wish for
    b) the candidate in question is pushing your populist buttons - and historically that's a dangerous precedent

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The appeal of Donald Trump is that he sticks it to the Establishment. Our kind has been waiting DECADES for someone to do this....

Unfortunately, the distaste for the establishment has put a great many people in the company of bigots and racists. You'd think there would be a better hill to plant your flag, than the one that has room for such persons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Thanks for posting this. Now I'll have it to quote whenever someone asks me how the hell Trump could possibly get this far. Of course, the statement probably doesn't give enough context to then explain how Trumpers aren't racists. Care to add the necessary context?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately, the distaste for the establishment has put a great many people in the company of bigots and racists. You'd think there would be a better hill to plant your flag, than the one that has room for such persons.

This distaste has been brewing for so many years and has now reached fever pitch as we are constantly being subjected to the "PC" crowd.
    This hill is not one I would pick but it just seems to be all that is available.

The Racist thing is a card thats is played all to often and for a lot of the wrong reasons.

Yes, race issues exist but on all sides. This can not even be argued.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And those of us with a decent grasp of history know that when your reasons for voting for somebody are:
    a) I want to "stick it to the Establishment"
    b) Hillary's an intolerable [insert epithet of choice here] (not that I would disagree with this!)

THEN
    a) you'd better be careful what you wish for
    b) the candidate in question is pushing your populist buttons - and historically that's a dangerous precedent

Posession and use of firearms has a 'historically dangerous precedent'

But the alternative, being unarmed in today's world, is far more dangerous. So what do most people on this site choose when differentiating between two dangers?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for posting this. Now I'll have it to quote whenever someone asks me how the hell Trump could possibly get this far. Of course, the statement probably doesn't give enough context to then explain how Trumpers aren't racists. Care to add the necessary context?

Looks like around 50% of white voters are proTrump

Since White > voting Trump == Racist by definition (at least according to some) it's unpossible to prove Trumpers aren't racist

SUPPORT WITH WHITE VOTERS
    POLLSTERSTART DATETRUMPCLINTONDIFFERENCE
    CBS/NYTMay 1350%38%+12
    FoxMay 145531+24
    NBC/WSJMay 155236+16
    ABC/PostMay 165733+24
    QuinnipiacMay 245033+17
    IBD/TIPPMay 314836+12
    FoxJune 54933+16
    Average+17

Since minorities can't be racist, however, I must conclude that the high degree of support for Hillary among blacks results from a well informed electorate

View attachment 48876

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bug, I hope you didn't go through a lot of trouble because that has nothing to do with the purpose of the question.

I was referring to his words, "our kind". Given the media's opportunistic racist theme they've assigned to Trump, I would have a very difficult time explaining to non-trumpers that "our kind" isn't the dog whistle it was in the 60s. I think Trump is not a fitting example of the qualifications to be POTUS, but counter examples make me tend to think he's probably not a racist. I would explain some of his comments this way. Being an opportunist himself, if he thinks it'll help him, he seems pragmatic about the company he keeps.

Looks like around 50% of white voters are proTrump

Since White > voting Trump == Racist by definition (at least according to some) it's unpossible to prove Trumpers aren't racist

SUPPORT WITH WHITE VOTERS
    POLLSTERSTART DATETRUMPCLINTONDIFFERENCE
    CBS/NYTMay 1350%38%+12
    FoxMay 145531+24
    NBC/WSJMay 155236+16
    ABC/PostMay 165733+24
    QuinnipiacMay 245033+17
    IBD/TIPPMay 314836+12
    FoxJune 54933+16
    Average+17

Since minorities can't be racist, however, I must conclude that the high degree of support for Hillary among blacks results from a well informed electorate

View attachment 48876

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Standing down

I must admit that Trump probably does have a racist bone or two in his body. I think probably in an unconscious, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner​ sort of way like my Mom (GRHS) always was

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    "Racist" today is now any white working male that doesn't want to commit national/cultural suicide. Your name-calling/words have less and less power every time the R word is thrown out recklessly. Call us bigots, racists, it doesn't matter. It's incredible how cowed America has become by that word. Want to stop illegal immigration? Are you white? Yep, you're a racist. That stick is getting old and less people are stupid enough to keep falling for it....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Racist" today is now any white working male that doesn't want to commit national/cultural suicide. Your name-calling/words have less and less power every time the R word is thrown out recklessly. Call us bigots, racists, it doesn't matter. It's incredible how cowed America has become by that word. Want to stop illegal immigration? Are you white? Yep, you're a racist. That stick is getting old and less people are stupid enough to keep falling for it....

It might help if you didn't use words like "our kind". I'm not saying that necessarily means "white", but you must admit that back before the 1980s, it did kinda mean that. While I think it's silly for progressives to call us racists like they do, why give them something to latch onto?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom