Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump now dumping on Cruz more this morning.

There's that unity. Wonder if he'll say anything about Clinton, the person that actually matters in this election?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He's now going back over the Heidi Cruz photo controversy. This is entirely inexplicable.

Edit: He's talking about Cruz's father and JFK again. My god. Why re-litigate the primary fight, in great detail, right now?

He also lied about Cruz speech. Yesterday they said they saw the speech beforehand, and it was approved. Today he's saying Cruz changed it, and it was "dishonorable". This dude is nuts.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He may be diving the nails in Cruz's coffin for another run in 4 years.

I'm all for long-term planning.

How about short-term planning for November?

Keep in mind, Cruz has a BUNCH of actual voters who wanted him to be president. Its the difference between winning the primary and winning the general. He has scoreboard for the primary. He needs to GG and move on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Trump now dumping on Cruz more this morning.

There's that unity. Wonder if he'll say anything about Clinton, the person that actually matters in this election?

He's now going back over the Heidi Cruz photo controversy. This is entirely inexplicable.

Edit: He's talking about Cruz's father and JFK again. My god. Why re-litigate the primary fight, in great detail, right now?

He also lied about Cruz speech. Yesterday they said they saw the speech beforehand, and it was approved. Today he's saying Cruz changed it, and it was "dishonorable". This dude is nuts.

When you're thinned skinned (like Obama), it's difficult to just let things go and move on to the next pressing matter. This is a really disturbing aspect of his character.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The DOJ is only involved in what - maybe a dozen, couple dozen local PDs? (I really don't know.) Certainly not everywhere. What's he going to do about crime in those other places?

From what I have read or heard, the threat of DOJ involvement has caused a chilling effect on the law enforcement.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When you're thinned skinned (like Obama), it's difficult to just let things go and move on to the next pressing matter. This is a really disturbing aspect of his character.

So far, he has gone after Ted Cruz, John Kasich, his other primary opponents, & John Roberts... and discussed at length Lee Harvey Oswald, National Enquirer, OJ, Heidi Cruz... I'm sure a pivot to Hillary is coming.

He keeps fighting the primary battle because he truly loathes Republicans. He has no interest in beating Hillary and it shows. This man is what he is, and he's not going to change.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So far, he has gone after Ted Cruz, John Kasich, his other primary opponents, & John Roberts... and discussed at length Lee Harvey Oswald, National Enquirer, OJ, Heidi Cruz... I'm sure a pivot to Hillary is coming.

He keeps fighting the primary battle because he truly loathes Republicans. He has no interest in beating Hillary and it shows. This man is what he is, and he's not going to change.

If this is the campaign advice he's getting, he'd better get a new advisor. Reliving old victories is something you do when you're done playing. Not when you have a big game coming up.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Keep in mind, Cruz has a BUNCH of actual voters who wanted him to be president. Its the difference between winning the primary and winning the general. He has scoreboard for the primary. He needs to GG and move on.

I was one of them, and the more he talks the more I'm disappointed. I love his views on the constitution, but his message delivery is winning nobody over.

From what I have read or heard, the threat of DOJ involvement has caused a chilling effect on the law enforcement.
    This is true.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If this is the campaign advice he's getting, he'd better get a new advisor. Reliving old victories is something you do when you're done playing. Not when you have a big game coming up.

Honestly? I think he knows he's at the highest point, right now, in this moment. From here on, it's 100% downhill. He's rolling around in the bodies of the defeated... basking in this glory for just a little longer before being humiliated in November.

Cruz must be feeling pretty good about his public non-endorsement of this petulant crazy person.

Thursday night: Give a popular speech.
    Friday morning: Revert to being an insane sociopathic liar.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Not enforcing the laws for fear of being accused of civil rights violations seems counterintuitive to me. I'm not arguing, I just haven't heard the same thing.

I fall back to conservativism. What should be the federal government's role in local law enforcement? Almost none, in terms of how local police do their jobs. I mean, if local police need investigating for breaking federal law, then yeah, sure. But local crimefighting has almost nothing to do with federal LEOs.

With the exception of federal prosecution of felon-in-possession laws, I don't think I've ever heard local LEOs say "I wish we had more federal agents helping us."

For the federal government to have the power to fight local crime, it needs more power than I'm willing to give up.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It is more my boss doesn't have my back, all the way up the chain, from shift commander to DOJ. Their all afraid they will be the next story on the news at 9.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump's Republican Party Is Now Secular, Materialist, And Big Government. In Other Words, Leftist. | Daily Wire

Cn-qwi6WYAAXbPm.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is more my boss doesn't have my back, all the way up the chain, from shift commander to DOJ.

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. I'd love to get an INGO LEO's perspective, but I just don't believe that a Carmel PD patrol officer/sergeant/lieutenant makes any decision based on what the DOJ might do. Let alone a beat IMPD officer.

I don't mean to be overly argumentative about this narrow point, but even if its true, what can POTUS really do? Make sure local LEOs know that the DOJ WON'T investigate wrongdoing? That seems like a not-so-good solution, too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So do they stay home? I read that 4 million evangelicals stayed home rather than vote for Romney.

The following is the direction social conservatives should go.

From the stand point of trying to legislate federal government solutions, it should have been a long time ago. However if there's to be a movement that keeps the "socially liberal" fascists from now legislating their version of morality on everyone (and reversing much of what they have been successful in doing), the social conservatives should realign their priorities towards Constitutional conservatives. Both socially liberal and socially conservative, you'd think could agree that the best course of action would be making the federal government so small and so feckless that neither side has to worry about what the other is up to and go about living their lives.

This right here ^

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cruz must be feeling pretty good about his public non-endorsement of this petulant crazy person.

I heard a clip of an address he was making to the Texas delegation the next morning and he's quite comfortable with it. Even then, he insisted he was not (and did not the night before) say anything of a derogatory nature about Trump or his candidacy going forward. He reiterated why, with Trump's personal and unfounded attacks he couldn't give an endorsement but he's not going to do anything torpedo Trump's quest. Apparently, Trump is fine doing that himself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom