• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I asked him to design my Christmas card again this year so I thought it would be appropriate to share it here as a greeting to all of you on INGO!

Merry Christmas!

MiIU1P2.png

Very nice Mom!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I was hopping it would be more of a "draw me like one of your Turkish girls" kinda card though, with some racy drawings.Maybe next year! :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son had a couple of drawings commissioned by a man that resides in the assisted living apartments where a friend of mine lives. I also asked him to do a drawing of my elderly friend and her husband (from a wedding photo) as a surprise for her as she has made a nice financial gift to him during his trip. He did the drawings and mailed them to me in June. After months without receiving them, we feared they were lost and he would have to redo them when he found some time to do so. He went to the post office in Serbia a few days before Christmas to mail a package to a friend in Australia and inquired about the missing drawings. As it turns out, they were there on a shelf for the past six months because they had a question about the contents of the package!! So...he answered their questions and they said they would mail them to me. The package arrived here already on Friday and I will be delivering all three drawings on Tuesday.

He had emailed me pictures of two of them previously so the one of the wedding picture had been my avatar on here for a while, but here are the drawings.

pS9xBoJ.jpg

1lw3ibm.jpg

YMwF55L.jpg

jTtvG5n.jpg

yTUT63G.png

aJAutpV.jpg

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks. I have the reference photos in a folder on the laptop somewhere. I should post those for comparison...I'll have to look for them.

Edited the post to include the reference photos.

He also has a new blog post on his web site. 500 Days of Something ? The Anthony Brooks

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son hasn't been posting much of his work until just recently. He has been working on several things for this summer. He may be participating in some art festivals that involve painting murals on the exterior of buildings in various cities. This will have him traveling a bit. So far, he is potentially going to be painting in Spain, Croatia, Serbia and Turkey.

Here are two of his recent murals done in a cafe in Montenegro. The one with the "dog" is 6 foot by 7 foot with the sofa it is sitting on being life size.

mpLZ89G.jpg

bf8p3ni.jpg

kbM99YK.jpg

V04sOGh.jpg

kWJKFsT.jpg

Ga5ZAGd.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The painting of the old woman took him about 10 hours. The "dog" was two days...about 8 hours each day.

The detail is amazing to me.

I'm anxious to see what he does in Spain. He is lining up funding through some programs he has been made aware of, but one of the buildings he may get to paint is 9 stories tall....and he will do the whole side of the building. That makes me nervous as there will be scaffolding like window washers use involved. The other potential site to paint is on top of a roof and the wall he would paint is 8 or 9 foot tall and 120 foot long.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    His imagination is something else. I don't think I can attach a PDF file on here...I'll see if I can save any of the pictures he has in his portfolio. There were some other murals he included in it that were rather interesting...political in nature.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm glad he is documenting his journey and that the updates I share are being enjoyed.

I am not sure where this journey will ultimately take him, but it sounds like he will start updating his facebook page and web site a bit more regularly as he gets back to doing his artwork on a daily basis again. He has had some detours to earn funds to allow him to continue on his trip.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Aguilla is a pretty place, I didn't spend a lot of time there but I really enjoyed it!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Aguilla is a pretty place, I didn't spend a lot of time there but I really enjoyed it!

It sounds like they have a large art festival in the spring/summer and there are many people who travel there so it should get him some exposure for his work.

Top Bottom