• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm glad it wasn't just me that had that problem! She blends right in!

It's a great compliment to his art when you can't tell if it's a real person in front of the mural or a character painted on the mural!

You son's legs also blend right in.
    Also I'm not sure if it's the Turkish girl or not ... :dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That is Zeren aka The Turkish Girl. She's rather pretty, and they seem to be spending a great deal of time together. Who knows, I may actually get to meet this one.

I am so proud he is following his dreams and they are being realized. He has another potential job in Turkey for this fall. Between that one and the one in Dubai, he would earn about $10K for less than a month's work.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I apparently neglected to share the finished project photos from the self-portrait. Here they are :)

HGHT4zk.jpg

XPlfXei.jpg

z0MKxFM.jpg

3zlh4NY.jpg

My son posted a new time lapse video on facebook today and his other facebook page is blowing up with new likes. I wish he would pick one page and use it. He has the sketchytravels page but he has also gone back to posting on his Anthony Brooks Artist page. I can't share the videos here as I have no way to save them and repost on here. I can share links but those only work for those who are on FB. The owner of the hostel where he stayed is paying him to paint this in his flat. His dog Dalai is apparently named after the Dalai Lama....the detail in this thing is insane.

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBro...otif_id=1531873503796194&notif_t=feed_comment

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It looks great Mom!

You need to update your avatar now, the head without the beret looks weird ... I was wondering why it wasn't finished.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It looks great Mom!

You need to update your avatar now, the head without the beret looks weird ... I was wondering why it wasn't finished.

I guess he was empty headed! I better fix that before his brains all leak out!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :laugh: I'll share pictures of Dalai the pug and his famous painting when he gets it done for those who can't see it on FB. The time lapse videos are fun to watch though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :laugh: I'll share pictures of Dalai the pug and his famous painting when he gets it done for those who can't see it on FB. The time lapse videos are fun to watch though.

Thanks. I don't do FB, but your son's travels fascinate me (and invoke jealousy ;))

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks. I don't do FB, but your son's travels fascinate me (and invoke jealousy ;))

I'm a bit jealous of him myself! I like being at home too much to be traveling the way he is, but I would love to experience some of the sights and foods and such!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He is back in Belgrade currently. He hasn't been doing the blog only because he has been so busy painting and has been staying in the same area for such a long time. The blog started out as a journal to document his travels, but he felt like he was spending more time typing/editing, etc. than he was painting. He needed to focus on his art. He has been applying to participate in art festivals and promoting his work for the past few months. I had no idea art festivals doing "street art" was such a big business, but many of the cities have grant applications that people submit with samples of their work and presenting an outline of what they want to paint. They are then awarded the grants that cover their travel expenses, supplies and payment for their work. It's a pretty extensive process. He also illustrated a book but can't share those drawings as they now belong to the author of the book and are not "his" images to share.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's been several months since I posted any updates. My son is settling in the Belgrade area and has rented a studio space, as well as a space for building furniture to sell. He and his girlfriend (yes...he still has the girlfriend) have launched a project that they started working on back in November. They are doing the official kick off online now. It is off to a good start and I rarely post links asking for donations/funds, but he has asked me to reach out to anyone who may be interested in sharing a few dollars to help them. As little as one dollar is appreciated, but larger donations will be recognized as indicated on the site. I am posting the link and asking anyone who is so motivated to assist if you can. He will be continuing to paint murals and participate in art festivals as the weather allows but this has been their focus during the winter season.

He has had some great feedback from people in the states who have family in Eastern Europe who are excited about the resurgence of art in that area. During the communist reign, art was somewhat repressed as only certain artwork was allowed to be displayed.

Here is the link to the kickstarter page for the podcasts they are going to be doing. The site explains this far better than I can summarize it so please let me know if you have any questions. He appreciates any support he may get from his followers here. :) If they reach 30% of the goal in the next few hours, the kickstarter site will also do some promotions for them to help their project be successful. Iksvyart is a collaborative effort with others involved in promoting this, but he and Zeren have been very actively involved in putting this together.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...9MPjjBik_Rr5CsPZ1uAOfeawqnO_3cJZdfXwWZhbTNhH0

Top Bottom