• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Reading that, my living room, got DUSTY, all of the sudden .....

He is living a DREAM, that most people can't even dream .....

I hope and pray, he stays safe, and does whatever he wants to do .....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've warned him about the redheads, but he has never been one to listen to mom. LOL

He makes me proud. One of my high school friends is going to be in Venice in three weeks, and they may meet up for pizza. The more they talk, the more I am seriously thinking I may need to get my passport at some point. I am not a fan of flying so a flight over the ocean would be pretty stressful to me....still haven't convinced myself.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've warned him about the redheads, but he has never been one to listen to mom. LOL

He makes me proud. One of my high school friends is going to be in Venice in three weeks, and they may meet up for pizza. The more they talk, the more I am seriously thinking I may need to get my passport at some point. I am not a fan of flying so a flight over the ocean would be pretty stressful to me....still haven't convinced myself.

If I remember, it's something like an 8 hour flight. Too long to be stressed the entire time. Kinda like a crying baby. Sooner or later, you just fall asleep.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If I remember, it's something like an 8 hour flight. Too long to be stressed the entire time. Kinda like a crying baby. Sooner or later, you just fall asleep.

If they serve alcohol, I could probably be really drunk when I arrive. :laugh:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't updated for a while. I haven't talked to my son as often the last few months as we have both been staying busy and the time difference makes it difficult to chat sometimes. We skyped yesterday for over three hours and it was very nice to catch up on what he's been doing.

He has been staying busy with his artwork and has taken a position as the manager at the hostel where he has been staying. He has been doing maintenance work as well so things are being upgraded and improved in several areas. He has been painting some murals on buildings and has been given the green light to create some artistic works to decorate a new bar in Belgrade. The owner is very happy with the things he has done so far, but he has not had time to sort through his pictures and upload new work to his web site or FB page. He has made several good connections and has a friend who is working on getting some gallery space lined up for at least one show in the area. He is traveling to Sarajevo this weekend to work on some collaborations with another hostel there. He also has a week long trip planned to go to Germany in January.

I asked him to design my annual Christmas card so he sent that to me today (electronically) and I have ordered them from an online printing site. I can't share it here yet as some INGOers will be receiving a copy in their mailbox and I don't want to spoil the surprise. :):

He is alive and well and loves Serbia. I may have lost my son....but may have gained a travel destination.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And he has not needed bail money once!!! (so far)....:laugh:

There was a brief mention of a gorgeous Turkish girl...but no elaboration was provided.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh boy ... :faint:

Draw me like one of your Turkish girls!

Oh...I didn't think to ask if he had "drawn" her. I will have to remember to ask that!

He has done some artwork around Serbia and has artistic design over a new bar in Belgrade. He said he did some sort of artwork for the front of the bar and the owner said that it had to be moved....it was too nice to be hidden when everyone as seated in front of it. I have not yet seen photos of this but did ask him to share his work with me when he has some free time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oh...I didn't think to ask if he had "drawn" her. I will have to remember to ask that!

He has done some artwork around Serbia and has artistic design over a new bar in Belgrade. He said he did some sort of artwork for the front of the bar and the owner said that it had to be moved....it was too nice to be hidden when everyone as seated in front of it. I have not yet seen photos of this but did ask him to share his work with me when he has some free time.

Of course he's drawing them.There no other reason why he would be looking for beautiful girls while traveling! :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am waiting for pics of the Turkish girl as well!

His FB page and web site haven't had new pictures for a while, but he said he is very busy and hasn't had time to add to them. Too many pictures to sort, crop, etc. and he has enough interest in his work in Serbia that he is staying busy. He has actually had to turn down some requests here due to not having time to do the work. I am happy that he is thriving...just wish it was closer to home. With Skype and being able to talk on our cell phones without incurring international charges, it really isn't any different than if he lived in another state though. He's just a plane ride away.

He did post a photo on his personal FB page today of the view from his window where he is staying in Sarajevo this weekend. I believe he will be on his way back to Serbia in a few hours as it is nearly morning there now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I asked him to design my Christmas card again this year so I thought it would be appropriate to share it here as a greeting to all of you on INGO!

Merry Christmas!

MiIU1P2.png

Top Bottom