• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven't, though I'd like to test one. They're supposed to be quite similar to a Sig, but at around $600 or so, I'd prefer pay the extra money for a Sig and have the aftermarket support for sights, holsters and such.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You can get CPO Sigs in .40 cheaper than $600 right now.

P226 and P229 right at $475-$520.

https://gunsmidwest.com/product/cpo/

Yep, did exactly that to get my P229 and it's a great way to go. I just meant at the retail level, you save money on the Arex, over the Sig, but that comes with some caveats. I'd much rather pick up a Sig, especially a CPO Sig that's even less expensive than the Arex :yesway:

That said, I'd still like to get my hands on one ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, I have not seen one in real life yet. and I have been looking... but the gun shows I go to are fairly small.

I keep reading reviews and such talking about how it's "half the price of a Sig", which isn't true. I've priced them through GunWatcher and they seem to be selling around $600 at the lowest, while a comparable P226 is around $800 - $850. Saving ~$250 or so would be nice, but not at the expense of third party sights, accessories and parts, to me. If they were truly half the price, at around $400 or so, I would grab one. At the current price it isn't worth it to me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I keep reading reviews and such talking about how it's "half the price of a Sig", which isn't true. I've priced them through GunWatcher and they seem to be selling around $600 at the lowest, while a comparable P226 is around $800 - $850. Saving ~$250 or so would be nice, but not at the expense of third party sights, accessories and parts, to me. If they were truly half the price, at around $400 or so, I would grab one. At the current price it isn't worth it to me.
    I agree. Even at half the price, it would probably be like those FEG HiPowers to me. Something I look at when I go to the gun show and think, $400, I should get one and try it out, but then never do it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I agree. Even at half the price, it would probably be like those FEG HiPowers to me. Something I look at when I go to the gun show and think, $400, I should get one and try it out, but then never do it.
    This is true, but I am very sick and after reading all the reviews I just want to shoot one!psyko:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Same here. Would like to handle a Rex Zero 1 but seem to be hard to find. If all the CPO or Dept trade in 226's weren't .40 I would have a .226R in 9mm by now. For used, all you see are .40 226's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    IIRC, Buds had them for around $550 but are sold out. They do show a used one for $509 though. Given the reviews, I'd give one a shot if I had some spare cash around. Spare cash is hard to come by though since there are never ending projects in line to be worked.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I picked up a new P-220 Carry SAS Gen 2 over the weekend, I didn't think I would like the E-2 grips, so I ordered Hogue rubber side panels.
    I actually like the E-2 grips, I love the gun but one thing I absolutely HATE is that trigger !
    It has too much of a curve to it, and it cause me to get pinched every time.
    I went to Brownells looked at a replacement that is more like the P-229 trigger , I hesitated to order it for reason unknown , went back last night and they are now on back order. So for now I will deal with the trigger until they ship my replacement when they get them in stock.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I picked up a new P-220 Carry SAS Gen 2 over the weekend, I didn't think I would like the E-2 grips, so I ordered Hogue rubber side panels.
    I actually like the E-2 grips, I love the gun but one thing I absolutely HATE is that trigger !
    It has too much of a curve to it, and it cause me to get pinched every time.
    I went to Brownells looked at a replacement that is more like the P-229 trigger , I hesitated to order it for reason unknown , went back last night and they are now on back order. So for now I will deal with the trigger until they ship my replacement when they get them in stock.
    Like this one
    Sig P226/P228/P229 Short Trigger-BLACK - $29.95 - Top Gun Supply

Top Bottom