• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got my P220 Legion back today and wow, the guy did a fantastic job on the trigger! Also had him put suppressor height X-Ray sights on it, then I installed the Romeo1Pro optic today (probably a mistake not to have an armorer do that). Can’t wait to shoot it, although I will probably have to wait for a bit to do that.

Does anyone carry one of these? If it shoots as good as it feels, I may attempt it!

View attachment 271002

Like ditcherman, I carried a P226 Legion SAO for a year or so and I thought it carried just fine. I'll admit that I've also carried a government size 1911 without issue before as well, so YMMV.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    First Sig I actually decided to purposely own. I've had several now but they were all trades I took on to most likely (and did) sell.

But after seeing a P229 Legion with a pro cut slide I fell in love with the looks. Then I read that Gray Guns did the triggers and after having HKs with their triggers I knew it would be a good shooter.

Found a wonderful auction for a 226 and somehow won. After thinking I got scammed for 2.5 weeks it finally showed up yesterday and today I got to pick it up.

View attachment 270496
    :thatshot:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well, the rear sight lines up exactly with the optic cut, but also slightly tapers toward the front of the gun as it goes up. Suffice it to say that I had to do some unnatural things to get that optic down on the slide which probably would amount to a “stress test” (I can confirm that the Romeo1Pro is very durable), but I finally got it down enough to where I could get the screws to grab and bring it down the rest of the way. As long as the optic never goes bad, I’ll be ok! Lol

View attachment 271007
    That’s nice that it’s a nice tight fit, but if you used the screws to pull the optic down (wondering if you measured the torque at this point?), then the screws could be stressed, and you may consider replacing them. After that I think you would have no worries, but 28-30 in/lbs is not much, and if you couldn’t push it down I can’t imagine that you didn’t exceed that. But that’s just me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    RangeUSA started a deals text service and the first one was $25 off $75 or more, so I finally picked up at couple of extra mags for my P365 X Macro. Man those things are expensive.
    I might have to sign up for that.
    I was yesterday years old when I learned that P229 mags are not the same as P226, and I have a lot of P226 that I was hoping would work.

IMG_6055.jpeg
    The good news is my little friend has another littler friend.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I might have to sign up for that.
    I was yesterday years old when I learned that P229 mags are not the same as P226, and I have a lot of P226 that I was hoping would work.

View attachment 272688
    The good news is my little friend has another littler friend.
    Nice pair of single action Legions! I have a P226 Elite DA I was out shooting today. Bought the optics slide with Romeo 1 Pro 6 MOA. Kind of wish I had gone with the 3 MOA. Only real gripe I have with my P226 is the creepy SA pull. How are the triggers on your single action Sigs?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Nice pair of single action Legions! I have a P226 Elite DA I was out shooting today. Bought the optics slide with Romeo 1 Pro 6 MOA. Kind of wish I had gone with the 3 MOA. Only real gripe I have with my P226 is the creepy SA pull. How are the triggers on your single action Sigs?
    Very nice. I have a 226 legion DA/SA that has had trigger work performed by a Sig armorer, and it’s better than stock and these SAO’s are better yet.
    Had the 226 SAO for a while from a member on here, and he had a grayguns trigger put in it. I assumed I might do the same with the 229 but got to shoot it yesterday and it was pretty nice.

The SAO’s are pretty light, very crisp, in my book.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis

Exactly why I sent my P220 Legion SAO off to The Sig Armorer for a trigger job! He did a nice job and it now has a clean break just a little over 3 pounds. Not that I'm trying to push for any certain person or company (no vested interest), but he did a good job and is Sig certified, so the warranty remains intact.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really aught to send one of the Legions off to The Sig Armorer. Probably the P226. That's got a nice trigger, but the P220 is a bit nicer stock.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Exactly why I sent my P220 Legion SAO off to The Sig Armorer for a trigger job! He did a nice job and it now has a clean break just a little over 3 pounds. Not that I'm trying to push for any certain person or company (no vested interest), but he did a good job and is Sig certified, so the warranty remains intact.
    He specifies a creep free SA trigger pull which is what I really want. My first Sig , a mid 1990s German P220 had a great trigger in both SA and DA. Unfortunately no longer have that one but do have a 2007 German frame P220 Carry and the trigger is much better in SA/DA than my P226 Elite.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    orzIiyQ.jpg

So does anyone know of a way to improve a P365 series pistol? I love everything about my P365x with the exception of the trigger, TBH I would prefer a stock gen 5 Glock trigger as I can best describe the wall of my guns trigger as a spongy wall. Even my bone stock Ruger MK4 has a better trigger than the 365.

Does the custom works FCU have a better trigger? Is it worth it to send it in to Wilson Combat? I am very close to just FO'ing and getting a Staccato CS just to get back to a good trigger on my carry gun. I can shoot it just fine, but I am a bit picky about my gear and would love to clean up the trigger.

6Dqo5sT.jpg

Standing 15 yards unsupported at 1s per shot cadence

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    orzIiyQ.jpg

So does anyone know of a way to improve a P365 series pistol? I love everything about my P365x with the exception of the trigger, TBH I would prefer a stock gen 5 Glock trigger as I can best describe the wall of my guns trigger as a spongy wall. Even my bone stock Ruger MK4 has a better trigger than the 365.

Does the custom works FCU have a better trigger? Is it worth it to send it in to Wilson Combat? I am very close to just FO'ing and getting a Staccato CS just to get back to a good trigger on my carry gun. I can shoot it just fine, but I am a bit picky about my gear and would love to clean up the trigger.

6Dqo5sT.jpg

Standing 15 yards unsupported at 1s per shot cadence
    Haven't tried one myself so take it for what it's worth, but have heard good things about Gray Guns triggers:

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    gray guns all day every day!

I’ve got their competition kit in a 320 I built for steel challenge , I’ve got their flat trigger and trigger kit in my 226 legion, I know quite a few who’ve put their parts in sigs, and nobody complains! (FYI gray guns is the gunsmith for team sig)

I have an apex kit in my 320 that I shoot in idpa, and if apex made a 365 kit I’d recommend them for a carry gun

Top Bottom