• ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    orzIiyQ.jpg

So does anyone know of a way to improve a P365 series pistol? I love everything about my P365x with the exception of the trigger, TBH I would prefer a stock gen 5 Glock trigger as I can best describe the wall of my guns trigger as a spongy wall. Even my bone stock Ruger MK4 has a better trigger than the 365.

Does the custom works FCU have a better trigger? Is it worth it to send it in to Wilson Combat? I am very close to just FO'ing and getting a Staccato CS just to get back to a good trigger on my carry gun. I can shoot it just fine, but I am a bit picky about my gear and would love to clean up the trigger.

6Dqo5sT.jpg

Standing 15 yards unsupported at 1s per shot cadence
    Is that rust on the slide? I have heard some of the MACROS have had a problem with that. Not being critical, just curious.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    So does anyone know of a way to improve a P365 series pistol? I love everything about my P365x with the exception of the trigger, TBH I would prefer a stock gen 5 Glock trigger as I can best describe the wall of my guns trigger as a spongy wall. Even my bone stock Ruger MK4 has a better trigger than the 365.

Does the custom works FCU have a better trigger? Is it worth it to send it in to Wilson Combat? I am very close to just FO'ing and getting a Staccato CS just to get back to a good trigger on my carry gun. I can shoot it just fine, but I am a bit picky about my gear and would love to clean up the trigger.
    That is a pretty good description of my P365 and P365X too. Where something like my Glock 43X has a very defined wall and then the trigger breaks fairly cleanly. Regardless I shoot the P365X better but do wish it had trigger like my Shield Plus.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you get your trigger done post here your results.
    orzIiyQ.jpg

6Dqo5sT.jpg

If you get your trigger done post the results, I would be curious. I also don't care much for the trigger on my X Macro, but it's not terrible. It is quite the letdown moving from my P10C OR with a CGW flat aluminum trigger.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have thought about purchasing the below along with their spring kit but I suspect that the trigger will only be modestly improved. As you said, the wall and the break kinda mush together. Not terrible but nothing like my P320's or, like WT said, nothing like a CZ P10c.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Haven't tried one myself so take it for what it's worth, but have heard good things about Gray Guns triggers:

My questions on those triggers would be, do they provide a clear, crisp break on the trigger pull, eliminating the spongy break with the default trigger? If so, do they do so while keeping the nice reset? I'd be very curious to know the answer to those questions.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My questions on those triggers would be, do they provide a clear, crisp break on the trigger pull, eliminating the spongy break with the default trigger? If so, do they do so while keeping the nice reset? I'd be very curious to know the answer to those questions.
    My guess is no...it is just making a slight change in the trigger geometry for more leverage in the pull but the rest of the mechanics are still the same. Be just like swapping the trigger only and some springs in a CZ, it'll be better but not CGW/Wizard great!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My guess is no...it is just making a slight change in the trigger geometry for more leverage in the pull but the rest of the mechanics are still the same. Be just like swapping a trigger and some springs in a CZ, it'll be better but not CGW/Wizard great!

Yeah, I'm not willing to swap out springs and such on a carry gun. My P10C OR is completely stock except for a CGW aluminum trigger shoe to prevent the irritation to my finger the original poly trigger causes. I'll just have to train with the X Macro to see if I can adjust to the fairly crap trigger.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yeah, I'm not willing to swap out springs and such on a carry gun. My P10C OR is completely stock except for a CGW aluminum trigger shoe to prevent the irritation to my finger the original poly trigger causes. I'll just have to train with the X Macro to see if I can adjust to the fairly crap trigger.
    Here. Watch this for us and let us know what the end result is.....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Pretty sure that was BA
    It was BA that started it all with the Czickness. Applies to the Signess as well :)
    I unwittingly quoted him then recently in the ‘what do you ignore in the classies’ thread.
    I never had the honor of meeting or knowing him, but maybe the spirit of The Blue lives on and is imparting wisdom into me from my safe…
    Now that’s a trigger…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Picked up a P229s in 357sig. What a beast of a gun. Steel frame, factory comp and (allegedly) these were Mastershop guns.

The SA trigger is almost BA approved at 3.5#s with a long take-up but a really good wall and break. DA is a heavy 10.5 pounds but very consistent throughout.

This was kinda a spur-of-the-moment Gunbroker sale as I was really looking for a non-railed 229 to cut and color but I think I am pretty darn pleased with this purchase.

722a4bfeeb053585b60c5fbe8e8cdf5f.jpg

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    orzIiyQ.jpg

6Dqo5sT.jpg

I just finished installing an M Carbo P365 spring kit for about $20 that consist of a 4 lbs. striker spring, lighter weight sear spring & striker block spring. The result is a 4.8 lbs trigger break. The trigger is now a much smoother pull from the wall until it breaks and does not feel spongy to me after a light polish of the internals. This one is a manual safety and I did watch a you tube vedio on removing the safety and found out that you can install a manual safety on any P365 if desired. The internal mechanism was designed for this. You buy a safety, detent & spring and a frame with cuts for the safety to fit. I have the non safety model and prefer it to the safety. The spring kit fits all model P365. Another tid bit is that Sig stopped using the striker return spring as I noticed on the 365 I was working on.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom