The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the Russians hacked the emails, that action is bad. We can condemn that while still apprising the people of the truth. Of course it would be better to have the whole truth. I wish we could knkw just how awful are both candidates. But do we ignore the information that tells us just how corrupt one of the candidates is because of the source? I think the only way one could say yes to that question is from buthurt over the outcome.

This is not a court of law where rules for obtaining and handling of evidence dictates whether the information may be considered in the matter at hand. If the Russians are behind this, they should be condemned for it and whatever diplomatic actions that are appropriate should be applied. But I'm just not ready to "go sic 'em" just because some assertions (mostly from the side that lost) have been made.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the Russians hacked the emails, that action is bad. We can condemn that while still apprising the people of the truth. Of course it would be better to have the whole truth. I wish we could knkw just how awful are both candidates. But do we ignore the information that tells us just how corrupt one of the candidates is because of the source? I think the only way one could say yes to that question is from buthurt over the outcome.

No, it fair to asks those questions. But it is also fair to question the motives of a nation meddling. Obviously a nation meddles to seek an outcome beneficial to it. If you view Russia as a competitor, or as having policies outside of US interests, then one could reasonably conclude that any benefit to them, comes at our detriment. But that only assumes you see a nation which harasses others, invades others, commits provocative military acts in the air and the high seas, as a competitive threat. The fickle American mind tends to forget things.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Jokes, I want joke

Kut (reminds you're in the Printcraft category, and feels no reason offer legitimate responses)

:rofl:

Yeah, I know you can't handle it when your world view is under scrutiny.
    Whatever gets you through the night, it's all right, it's all right.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dude, you are begging the question. The point is that the assertion that the Russians hacked the DNC is not proven, unless and until some actual proof is proffered that is not hiding behind shadowy 'sources' and using 'national security' or 'safeguarding national technical means' as an excuse to withhold actual evidence that could be independently evaluated.

Thus it is disingenuous to argue as if 'the Russian hack' is an accepted truth backed up by solid evidence

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Dude, you are begging the question. The point is that the assertion that the Russians hacked the DNC is not proven, unless and until some actual proof is proffered that is not hiding behind shadowy 'sources' and using 'national security' or 'safeguarding national technical means' as an excuse to withhold actual evidence that could be independently evaluated.

Thus it is disingenuous to argue as if 'the Russian hack' is an accepted truth backed up by solid evidence

How do we know your post was you and not done by a Russian hacking your computer? It's possible, and much more probable, that a Russian hacked your computer than the election system. So I'm going to assume this is a hack, until it's proven it's not, because that's my right.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WI recount Day 10 cumulative net changes, each candidate, 89.92% complete:
    Trump +628
    Hillary +653
    Stein +68

It does seem slightly concerning that this many votes weren't initially counted. I know it's a very small difference... but still. Why weren't all votes accounted for on the first go-around?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How do we know your post was you and not done by a Russian hacking your computer? It's possible, and much more probable, that a Russian hacked your computer than the election system. So I'm going to assume this is a hack, until it's proven it's not, because that's my right.

ругательства, сорваны снова

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone got the links to the proof this was Russian hacking?

Or does this fall into the same category as "global warming", "Trump is a racist" and the "Hillary Clinton Presidency" that we are just supposed to believe because the left just keeps saying it over and over?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anyone got the links to the proof this was Russian hacking?

Or does this fall into the same category as "global warming", "Trump is a racist" and the "Hillary Clinton Presidency" that we are just supposed to believe because the left just keeps saying it over and over?

Hacking by govts doesn't exist. People just make that stuff up. It's never proven.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have lived so much of my life "knowing" deep down in my bones that some day Hillary would get "her turn" as president, that having passed that disaster, I am giddy and unsure what to expect.

I do not expect Trump's presidency to be a panacea, but I also do not expect it to be the nightmare that hers would have been.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom