The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Rupublicans don't care. The view the Russians a kindred spirits.... Well, until they start releasing stuff on them. A foreign govt actively working to put Trump in office, and "Americans," are totally ok with it.

Kut (wonders how long it will be before we've calling each other "comrade")

It definitely cuts both ways. It could go the other way next time. All Americans should be concerned that a foreign country meddled in our election. But naturally the people who lost are buthurt about it and the people who won are tickled. I'm sure if the meddling were switched, so would be the sentiments on each side. You know damn well if Russian hacking helped Hillary instead of trump, the Trumpers would be the buthurt and Hillary and her people would be spiking the football and generally not caring how she won.

And still I have to remind you that none of that makes any of the horrible things the Democrats were caught doing any less true. America is better off knowing the truth about Hillary and the RNC. And it would be better off knowing the dark secrets of the RNC and Trump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Rupublicans don't care. The view the Russians a kindred spirits.... Well, until they start releasing stuff on them. A foreign govt actively working to put Trump in office, and "Americans," are totally ok with it.

Yeah...Those pesky Republicans always sucking up to the Russians.....
    2015-08-07-d47f891b_large.jpg

reset.jpg

145165_600.jpg

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It definitely cuts both ways. It could go the other way next time. All Americans should be concerned that a foreign country meddled in our election. But naturally the people who lost are buthurt about it and the people who won are tickled. I'm sure if the meddling were switched, so would be the sentiments on each side. You know damn well if Russian hacking helped Hillary instead of trump, the Trumpers would be the buthurt and Hillary and her people would be spiking the football and generally not caring how she won.

And still I have to remind you that none of that makes any of the horrible things the Democrats were caught doing any less true. America is better off knowing the truth about Hillary and the RNC. And it would be better off knowing the dark secrets of the RNC and Trump.

This. While I'm not so naive to believe there's no way the Russians couldn't/wouldn't have meddled, I still have a suspicion all of this leaking was done by internal sources that wanted to make sure HRC didn't get elected. They are also among those that would deem it beneficial to hang all of this on a vodka swilling scapegoat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Im not making comparisons or considering "what ifs." I'm railing against the involvement of a foreign nation. It's wrong no matter who it targets. Just because the Democrats would have reacted the same way had this happened to Republicans doesn't validate the action.
    Mans you're right, this makes none of the bad things the Democrats did less true. The problem is you're getting half the story. The Republican bad actions are conspicuously absent, but it a fair guess someone has their secrets too. No one can make an informed decision using incomplete information.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    “Forget it. That plays great before the election, now we don’t care, right?”

[video=youtube;5N6fO3s_5aA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6fO3s_5aA[/video]

Lulz. Maybe too honest, now. Yeah...that's just stuff I told you because you wanted to hear it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

IMO you are being way to credulous about the 'Russian hack' narrative. A quick google of the issue turns up all the usual suspects on the first page (esquire, thedailybeast, politifact, newsweek, pbs, cnn, nytimes, wapo) and we now indisputably know how devoid of credibility they actually are

I'm not a big fan of zero hedge, but this link makes some good points I'm not seeing made too many other places. Some of the links used as citations are quite interesting reading also
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-24/did-russia-hack-dnc-…-really

My personal conclusion is the 'Russian hack' narrative is just another tactic in the ongoing attempt to portray the election of Trump as somehow illegitimate and suspect. I don't believe anyone can ever say, with absolute certainty, who did or did not commit a 'hack' even in cases where someone purports to take credit for it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Im not making comparisons or considering "what ifs." I'm railing against the involvement of a foreign nation. It's wrong no matter who it targets. Just because the Democrats would have reacted the same way had this happened to Republicans doesn't validate the action.
    Mans you're right, this makes none of the bad things the Democrats did less true. The problem is you're getting half the story. The Republican bad actions are conspicuously absent, but it a fair guess someone has their secrets too. No one can make an informed decision using incomplete information.

Based on recent posting herein, shouldn't that be in purple

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. While I'm not so naive to believe there's no way the Russians couldn't/wouldn't have meddled, I still have a suspicion all of this leaking was done by internal sources that wanted to make sure HRC didn't get elected. They are also among those that would deem it beneficial to hang all of this on a vodka swilling scapegoat.

I have my suspicions about that too. But at this point I'm just arguing the logic. So for the sake of argument I assume the facts are known.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have my suspicions about that too. But at this point I'm just arguing the logic. So for the sake of argument I assume the facts are known.

All the facts? Are you saying that Russia couldn't find any dirt on the RNC? And if the actually did have dirt on them (that they were willing to release) what's the reasonings for releasing info from both camps?....to give Americans the best chance to make an informed decision? Surely you can't believe that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If the Russians hacked the emails, that action is bad. We can condemn that while still apprising the people of the truth. Of course it would be better to have the whole truth. I wish we could knkw just how awful are both candidates. But do we ignore the information that tells us just how corrupt one of the candidates is because of the source? I think the only way one could say yes to that question is from buthurt over the outcome.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All the facts? Are you saying that Russia couldn't find any dirt on the RNC? And if the actually did have dirt on them (that they were willing to release) what's the reasonings for releasing info from both camps?....to give Americans the best chance to make an informed decision? Surely you can't believe that.
    No. I'm saying that I assume we know all the facts which you've assume in your statements. All we really know is what the press and a defeated party leaving power is telling us. They could be telling the truth. Or they could be fudging things a bit to save an ideology from an apparent defeat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom