The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Clinton: "Let me just mention one threat in particular that should concern all Americans... the epidemic of malicious fake news"

There it is again. Not an accident they're pushing this. Wonder what the end-game is here, what else they're going to do along these lines.

Probably a lot of talk and misinformation... seeing as they have no actual power right now.

I think I know: to discredit the non-MSM outlets. Improve the hegemony of the acronym news agencies. Solidify the oligarchy as the only "true" source of news.

It is somewhat in response to the Wikileaks distribution channel and de-centralization of news gathering/reporting. They don't have control.

So, if they paint everything that doesn't come from an approved source to be "false," then they control the message.

you two make a cute couple and thanks to obama you can get married now

As long as your mom stays so friendly to us, I think it'll work out.

;)

You should see us at the range. Surpressed AR.....ooohhhh, silky smooth
    Yeah, but its tough when people get us confused for each other...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. Bad Trump. It was a bad idea to steal money from our future when Obama did it. It is no less foolish for a "Republican" to do it.

As the days go by and I see democrats and republicans swapping chairs, it's getting quite confusing....and amazing to watch.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Trump's stimulus plan..."Good Trump"? or "Bad Trump"?

I'm with you & Jamil on this, I don't like it. I see it as better than the last as there will be actual benefit to the citizens but it isn't the right way to go about rebuilding the infrastructure. The fact that it is driven by the federal gov't means for every dollar which legitimately goes toward improvements there will be three or four dollars wasted, stolen or lost.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think I know: to discredit the non-MSM outlets. Improve the hegemony of the acronym news agencies. Solidify the oligarchy as the only "true" source of news.

It is somewhat in response to the Wikileaks distribution channel and de-centralization of news gathering/reporting. They don't have control.

So, if they paint everything that doesn't come from an approved source to be "false," then they control the message.

I suspect you nailed it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm with you & Jamil on this, I don't like it. I see it as better than the last as there will be actual benefit to the citizens but it isn't the right way to go about rebuilding the infrastructure. The fact that it is driven by the federal gov't means for every dollar which legitimately goes toward improvements there will be three or four dollars wasted, stolen or lost.

One thing it has going for it over the Obama stimulous. Most of his stimulous went to green energy cronyism. If Trump stealing from the future isn't just another crony scheme with, albeit, different players, maybe we'll at least have something left after the money changes hands to show for it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One thing it has going for it over the Obama stimulous. Most of his stimulous went to green energy cronyism. If Trump stealing from the future isn't just another crony scheme with, albeit, different players, maybe we'll at least have something left after the money changes hands to show for it.

Beware of the trap of "we like it when 'our' guy does it but it's bad when 'their guy' does it".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sorry - did I miss where Trump provided new details on his plan? Forgive me if I doubt Limbaugh's characterization of Trump prior announcements.

I could see some of his cabinet appointees/department heads seriously cutting expenses (right/wrong/indifferent), so as to minimize the borrowing to build infrastructure. And I very much understand that some borrowing for infrastructure is necessary.

In other words, has Trump actually said it'll be a trillion dollars of new debt to build the infrastructure?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Clinton: "Let me just mention one threat in particular that should concern all Americans... the epidemic of malicious fake news"

There it is again. Not an accident they're pushing this. Wonder what the end-game is here, what else they're going to do along these lines.

Probably a lot of talk and misinformation... seeing as they have no actual power right now.

I might not call it an epidemic but the right isn't doing itself many favors in the 'sources' department, even on INGO multiple threads batted around a fake website claiming Clinton only won 50 counties.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    'a scan was made by a state department iP address '
    I wish it would give more technical details because scanning ports is nothing. ' hack' is a term so overused now it doesn't seem to mean anything anymore

You mean "5 ways to hack your toaster" doesn't mean anything?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Puzder opposes raising min wage and has replaced some fast food workers w/machines.

In 2001, Puzder's CKE Restaurants spent $53,829.96 hiring a union buster to try to persuade employees not to vote for a union.

He's said: "The feds can mandate a higher wage, but some jobs don’t produce enough economic value to bear the increase."

He also opposed Obama's overtime rule.

I don't necessarily see anything bad about any of this stuff.

Good honest post. :yesway:

Kudos to both of you......A good, honest, response.....Thank you from the bottom of my deranged, Trump loving heart....
    accomplish quite a bit besides being an egomaniac and an *******. I don't want to have dinner with him, or sleep with him (wink, wink) or listen to his bull****, but if he gets things done, I'll be very happy." Alpo

Alpo...The last of the Blue Dog, God Fearing, working class Democrats...Be careful or I will let Greenpeace know you are still out there...They run Jim Webb out thinking he was the last one left....:)

Quoted for truth, you guys are giving me hope for rational observation and friendly discussion.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It is interesting, because anyone with the ability to even attempt hack at that level, would surely know how to conceal their IP address.

'a scan was made by a state department iP address '
    I wish it would give more technical details because scanning ports is nothing. ' hack' is a term so overused now it doesn't seem to mean anything anymore

I just said it was interesting, I would like more technical details too. If DHS was just testing the security of stuff, they need to fess up and explain it because there is no sense in hiding or denying it after the tests are done (just acknowledgement and a cursory overview, not asking for sensitive info here).

I agree about the term "hack" being overused.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    See, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. She is more like an "only Nixon can go to China" operative. She can say the things that will placate progressive women, but doesn't really have anything more than the president's ear.

I think she's every bit smart enough to move the leftist chess pieces in ways that further more conservative values.

^^^That is an interesting theory and I REALLY hope you are right.^^^

I heard her campaign speech. I am mostly certain that it was not simply to signal to women that it's safe to vote for her Dad. I think she actually believes in that ****.

^^^This is certainly a valid cause for concern^^^

I considered that she may be acting as a "maybe they aren't so bad" piece of the larger puzzle for the Left to look at. Only matters if nothing substantive comes out of it.

Choosing two causes like AGW and sexism... I'm really tired of hearing about those.

With the appointment of AG Pruitt to head up the EPA, I am hopeful that nothing will come of Ivanka's "climate change" blabbering. Pruitt knows the issues inside and out and has worked tirelessly on the frontlines opposing EPA's overreach on important issues such as the Clean Power Plan, the Waters of the U.S. Rule, and the Keystone XL Pipeline. T.Lex - also take note Pruitt's role in opposing ObamaCare.

More info here:
    DownstreamToday.com - News and Information for the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom