The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ivanka Trump plans to make women's issues her primary focus in likely DC move, with pay equity chief among them

Ivanka Trump is an unelected progressive that buys into the wage gap myth, apparently? She really shouldn't be anywhere near this administration in any manner that could influence policy.

See, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. She is more like an "only Nixon can go to China" operative. She can say the things that will placate progressive women, but doesn't really have anything more than the president's ear.

I think she's every bit smart enough to move the leftist chess pieces in ways that further more conservative values.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ivanka Trump plans to make women's issues her primary focus in likely DC move, with pay equity chief among them

Ivanka Trump is an unelected progressive that buys into the wage gap myth, apparently? She really shouldn't be anywhere near this administration in any manner that could influence policy.

Wait. I thought climate change was her primary focus. Did that change? So did her meeting with Al Gore make her decide to find another progressive issue on which to primarily focus?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. She is more like an "only Nixon can go to China" operative. She can say the things that will placate progressive women, but doesn't really have anything more than the president's ear.

I think she's every bit smart enough to move the leftist chess pieces in ways that further more conservative values.

I heard her campaign speech. I am mostly certain that it was not simply to signal to women that it's safe to vote for her Dad. I think she actually believes in that ****.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I considered that she may be acting as a "maybe they aren't so bad" piece of the larger puzzle for the Left to look at. Only matters if nothing substantive comes out of it.

Choosing two causes like AGW and sexism... I'm really tired of hearing about those.

I heard her campaign speech. I am mostly certain that it was not simply to signal to women that it's safe to vote for her Dad. I think she actually believes in that ****.

And this is what I'm concerned about. From what I've heard about her... it likely isn't an act.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I disagree with this, it assumes she or Trump hold any sort of Conservative values. Trump is in no way an ideological conservative, I don't see him having any problem making progressive moves on any of Ivanka's issues. Is there any reason Trump wouldn't take action to address perceived woman's inequality or climate change?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is Trump an ideologue or iconoclast? I think it's obvious: iconoclast. Conservatives make the mistake of assuming Trump will be a standard-bearer.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I disagree with this, it assumes she or Trump hold any sort of Conservative values.
    Oh wait. I didn't mean to suggest Trump himself is a conservative he is not.

I believe Ivanka is more conservative than DJT is, ideologically. Probably less conservative than most of us, but more conservative than east coast Dems. But, she is "safe" to them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is Trump an ideologue or iconoclast? I think it's obvious: iconoclast. Conservatives make the mistake of assuming Trump will be a standard-bearer.

I think that's the wrong dichotomy. He's neither. I mean, you could easily call Obama the iconoclast.

But you're right that Trump's not a conservative standard bearer. Most ardent Trumpers seem to be giving up conservatism anyway. So maybe pragmatic populism is the new standard, and for that Trump is an ideal standard bearer, as long as what Trump thinks he should do doesn't cause the faithful too much discomfort.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's another opinion on Puzder

Trump Labor Secretary Immigration | National Review

Trump’s pick for Labor secretary is perhaps the worst person imaginable for that role

Usually, lines like that mean Trump did something good... but this is coming from a Conservative-minded person. The points he makes are about Puzder's views on immigration and amnesty.

He is one of the nation’s most outspoken business voices for Gang of Eight-style immigration policies. He didn’t just sign an open letter once as a favor to a friend; he’s been a high-profile champion of amnesty and huge increases in immigration and guestworkers.

Ah well. Not everything good comes without some bad.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    See, this is the kind of thing that would've gotten more support from me.

This is a business guy that understands the dollars involved with immigration - legal and illegal - so has a better perspective on what is realistic and what is not.

It is not, and for our lifetimes has not been, possible to deport all illegal immigrants. Accepting that fact then also requires a recognition that making citizens of at least some portion of them is reasonable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's another opinion on Puzder

Trump Labor Secretary Immigration | National Review

Usually, lines like that mean Trump did something good... but this is coming from a Conservative-minded person. The points he makes are about Puzder's views on immigration and amnesty.

Ah well. Not everything good comes without some bad.

It's okay. It's all part of Trump's master plan. Because Trump is a genius and can't do anything wrong. I believe he will be the best president ever. In fact, thinking about how great he'll make america again, I think I need a kleenex.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, this is the kind of thing that would've gotten more support from me.

This is a business guy that understands the dollars involved with immigration - legal and illegal - so has a better perspective on what is realistic and what is not.

It is not, and for our lifetimes has not been, possible to deport all illegal immigrants. Accepting that fact then also requires a recognition that making citizens of at least some portion of them is reasonable.

See. You're not fooling me. I can see that you're turing into a Trumper. You'll be converted. I just know it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    See. You're not fooling me. I can see that you're turing into a Trumper. You'll be converted. I just know it.

Hey, if he keeps not following through on all the b.s. promises he made in his campaign, it could happen. :D

Except Obamacare. He's gotta do something about that. Sooner rather than later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom