• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hopefully their next business model will involve knowing when they should, and when they shouldn't, open their mouths.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully their next business model will involve knowing when they should, and when they shouldn't, open their mouths.

Well, yeah, because only Progressives have First Amendment Rights.
    Anyone who does not support the progressive ideal must be killed or destroyed.
    This is the natural result of "Liberal Tolerance."

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nothing screams intolerance like a liberal scorned.

That said, I really wish this would stop already. The play on words to move the political needle is getting to be a tired, old saw. While the rest of the world burns, all eyes are on Indiana.

Meh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Boycott someone? Because they were asked about their beliefs?

I have a problem with this. A society that enforces thoughtcrime is not a free society, whether enforced with or without the aid of the government. Once again, the "tolerance" crowd prove just how very intolerant they truly are. (Not you; the people actually calling for a boycott of the pizza place.)

:yesway:

It's a changing world. I've never felt that there would ever be a battle for freedom of thought in this country, and worse that we'd actually be losing it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    To change the subject a tad.... Ted Cruz picks up religious freedom banner - CSMonitor.com

It appears Ted Cruz is backing Pence on the religious freedom. This is basically proof that stupid is as stupid does in action. And this is a serious presidential candidate....... :wallbash:
    The website might be a tad right wing.

So somebody not afraid to stand up to those that are ignorant of what this bill does/does not allow is stupid? Guess we have very different views on that definition.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yeah I'm getting a bit fed up with the sticker too. Kinda like a reverse yellow Star of David armband. Those who don't post it on their front door will be punished. I hope most businesses ignore it.

Is it a coincidence that today is the anniversary of the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses in Germany?

"When the Nazis came to power, the lives of German Jews changed drastically. On April 1, 1933, the Nazis carried out the first nationwide, planned action against them: a boycott of Jewish businesses."

Source: The Boycott of Jewish Businesses

And hence the reason he is on my ignore list.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Is it a coincidence that today is the anniversary of the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses in Germany?

"When the Nazis came to power, the lives of German Jews changed drastically. On April 1, 1933, the Nazis carried out the first nationwide, planned action against them: a boycott of Jewish businesses."

Source: The Boycott of Jewish Businesses

This is exactly what I have been thinking. A lot of these people ranting and raving over this mistakenly perceived sleight would have been the ones throwing rocks through Jewish owned storefronts or marching them off to the trains in Nazi Germany.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is fitting today.

CBjUgoJUAAABaBn.jpg:large

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    People are going to boycott. Nobody can stop them until they get what they want or decide to stop boycotting. If a business owner freely speaks one way, and a boycott results, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Free market and all...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    People are going to boycott. Nobody can stop them until they get what they want or decide to stop boycotting. If a business owner freely speaks one way, and a boycott results, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Free market and all...

Their potential closing has absolutely zero to do with said boycott. It has absolutely everything to do with threats. They cited threats as the reason. They did not cite a boycott (which would have probably no effect on their bottom line, if anything, the more-charitable "other side" would cause an increase in revenue)

Free market doesn't include threats of arson and death, to my knowledge. This was a result of a ****ty reporter, and a ****ty society. Boycott and free market aren't in this equation.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

I was not aware death threats were boycotts. Geez, this thread is more proof how far we are divided.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom