• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    People are going to boycott. Nobody can stop them until they get what they want or decide to stop boycotting. If a business owner freely speaks one way, and a boycott results, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Free market and all...

I'm sure you would have the same opinion if those Christian "hate groups" organized a massive boycott of some gay owned businesses because of their lifestyle, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you trying to set a record for most ignore listings?

I have no idea how many people have me on ignore, but it would be interesting to find out how many. Generally, when I begin posting in a thread, it addresses the subject at hand.... and then somebody want to thrown a smart comment in my direction. I play that game as well as anybody, so I'm more than willing to participate. Ya'll want me to "pump the brakes?" Be respectful of posts you disagree with, and I promise you, I'll do likewise. And if I'm not, you can call me out based on this post.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Their potential closing has absolutely zero to do with said boycott. It has absolutely everything to do with threats. They cited threats as the reason. They did not cite a boycott (which would have probably no effect on their bottom line, if anything, the more-charitable "other side" would cause an increase in revenue)

Free market doesn't include threats of arson and death, to my knowledge. This was a result of a ****ty reporter, and a ****ty society. Boycott and free market aren't in this equation.

Welcome to Stalinist America, brought to you by Progressives USA.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Damn, just when I think the lefties couldn't POSSIBLY be any stupider, they start in with this "discrimination" crap. SMDH.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Damn, just when I think the lefties couldn't POSSIBLY be any stupider, they start in with this "discrimination" crap. SMDH.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Boycott someone? Because they were asked about their beliefs?

I have a problem with this. A society that enforces thoughtcrime is not a free society, whether enforced with or without the aid of the government. Once again, the "tolerance" crowd prove just how very intolerant they truly are. (Not you; the people actually calling for a boycott of the pizza place.)

You think a business should be able to boycott accepting certain customers business because of their beliefs, but do not feel others should be able exercise a boycott against a business for practices that they disagree with? Interesting stance...

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Well, yeah, because only Progressives have First Amendment Rights.
    Anyone who does not support the progressive ideal must be killed or destroyed.
    This is the natural result of "Liberal Tolerance."

You seem to misunderstand the nature of your first amendment rights. Just because you have the right to say something, doesn't mean there will never be repercussions from your words.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    People are going to boycott. Nobody can stop them until they get what they want or decide to stop boycotting. If a business owner freely speaks one way, and a boycott results, isn't that how it's supposed to work? Free market and all...

EXACTLY!

You'd think all the free market supporters would have figured this out without it being explained in such a manner. This was very foreseeable. Did you expect a business to take a position some portion of society finds insulting and/or discriminatory and then maintain those people as customers? Where is your belief and backing of the free market and consumer choice?

It seem most of you do not think the expression of your beliefs should have any impact on you personally/professionally, but do not care how your beliefs impact those they are excluding. This boycott was the most 'no ****' and 'who didn't see that one coming' impacts from all of this. It was obvious and apparent from the very first moments this bill was signed as major organizations and businesses started backing away from the table with Indiana.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Their potential closing has absolutely zero to do with said boycott. It has absolutely everything to do with threats. They cited threats as the reason. They did not cite a boycott (which would have probably no effect on their bottom line, if anything, the more-charitable "other side" would cause an increase in revenue)

Free market doesn't include threats of arson and death, to my knowledge. This was a result of a ****ty reporter, and a ****ty society. Boycott and free market aren't in this equation.

Even if they didn't receive death threats, a boycott is inevitably coming their way. If it works they don't open their doors again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Even if they didn't receive death threats, a boycott is inevitably coming their way. If it works they don't open their doors again.

Yes, and a boycott from this vocal and ignorant minority would not have caused them to close up shop. Other factors caused that. Non free-market factors.

Anonymous threats and intimidation aren't part of the free-market in America.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Somehow I'm thinking a boycott absent social media harassment and threats of arson would not have had much, if any, impact on this business. Add in the hacks and other tricks, and yeah, they may be toast.

I'm not sure that is how a free market works though. Maybe in DPRK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom