• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    And the Pizzeria is considering not opening again, getting too many death threats.

Good job, totalitarian ******.

https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/583362777122766848

While the death threats are inexcusable, that's their fault for speaking an unpopular opinion as a business. They have every right to it of course, but a dumb move. It's kind of like spraypainting "I <3 Hillary" on your car and taking a trip through the south.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While the death threats are inexcusable, that's their fault for speaking an unpopular opinion as a business. They have every right to it of course, but a dumb move. It's kind of like spraypainting "I <3 Hillary" on your car and taking a trip through the south.

"We will serve gay and lesbian customers, but won't cater a ceremony" is an unpopular opinion as a business? It's so outrageous that it's their fault for the threats?

**** sake.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Oh, horse hockey. They didn't ask to be involved. Some stupid reporter came in their business, and started asking arbitrary questions. The proprietors said that they willingly serve everyone who comes into their establishment. The reporter asked them about catering a gay wedding, and the proprietor said that they would decline to participate in a gay wedding, due to their religious beliefs.

In response they get death threats - from the militant LGBT that you recently claimed didn't exist.

I suppose it's good to know that people with anti-religion/anti-Christian bigotry only give lip service to civil rights and constitutional protections.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Death threats against anyone for expressing their opinion on an issue are intolerable. There's just no excuse for it. Speak out against them in a civilised manner, boycott them, that's all fine. But death threats and threats against their property are a step too far.

As for the teacher, suspending her is likely the first step in her termination. That's how these things usually roll.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    "We will serve gay and lesbian customers, but won't cater a ceremony" is an unpopular opinion as a business? It's so outrageous that it's their fault for the threats?

**** sake.

If that got them death threats, I'd call that unpopular. Then again any idiot with a keyboard can send a death threat. It's a hot button issue obviously. It's not a good decision as an Indiana business owner to come out and say "I will not serve a gay wedding for religious reasons" because of angry citizens who are dumb enough to send a death threat. It's not right, I agree, to get death threats because of a belief. Somebody didn't have their thinking cap on is all.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Death threats against anyone for expressing their opinion on an issue are intolerable. There's just no excuse for it. Speak out against them in a civilised manner, boycott them, that's all fine. But death threats and threats against their property are a step too far.

As for the teacher, suspending her is likely the first step in her termination. That's how these things usually roll.

Boycott someone? Because they were asked about their beliefs?

I have a problem with this. A society that enforces thoughtcrime is not a free society, whether enforced with or without the aid of the government. Once again, the "tolerance" crowd prove just how very intolerant they truly are. (Not you; the people actually calling for a boycott of the pizza place.)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My church welcomes all sinners ...church is a hospital for sinners.

There are gay Christians...gay Jews...and I suspect gay every other faith. Being gay doesn't mean you're an atheist.

So a gay Christian baker would have no reason to deny a cake for a Christian wedding...and ever if they did, how many bakeries are out there?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

So they should keep their mouths shut and take it, right? While everyone else crying and whining about this non-issue gets a pass? Is that what I'm getting from you?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, so now the hate-filled homophobic Walkerton P.D. should expect death threats and demonstrations for enforcing the law without regard to religious belief or sexual preference.
    Firing the teacher would be a hate crime according to our current Federal Justice Department.

Use purple if you think it needs it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Boycott someone? Because they were asked about their beliefs?

I have a problem with this. A society that enforces thoughtcrime is not a free society, whether enforced with or without the aid of the government. Once again, the "tolerance" crowd prove just how very intolerant they truly are. (Not you; the people actually calling for a boycott of the pizza place.)
    Apparently the people claiming that Indiana is a hate-filled state are right. They're just wrong about where the hate is coming from.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So they should keep their mouths shut and take it, right? While everyone else crying and whining about this non-issue gets a pass? Is that what I'm getting from you?

Only Progressives have First Amendment Rights.
    Speech which does not support Progressive Ideals is, by definition, Hate Speech.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom