• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There has not been one person in Indiana compelled to do what this bill aims to fix. It was a bill aimed at sending a message, it is.

Depends on what you mean compelled. Change their policies and no longer do special orders due to a settlement. Would that be considered compelled? Well not as you put it, but yes they were compelled under force of law to change their business practice. See below for the link it was the Just Cookies business.

If the problem before the preemption law passed, was that many local communities passed different gun laws such that it's difficult for people who carry to know, just passing through, if you're violating the law; and the problem deminished after the law passed, one could easily argue the law was needed.

If the problem before the RFRA passed was that local ordinances were causing business owners to violate their religeous conscience; and the problem deminishes after the law has been in effect, I suppose one could as easily argue that the law was necessary.

So, I don't know. Have many communities in aindiana passed ordinances that require people to violate their religeous conscience before the law passed?

From what I have read and since this is supposedly all about gays, there are about a dozen counties/cities in IN with anti discrimination ordinances for LGBT. So yes, it could be argued that this law was necessary.

It appears I have kept up, there was no lawsuit involving a baker in Indiana. Yes?

No lawsuit per se, but and Indianapolis bakery had to settle with the city over discrimination claims.

111 Cakery was the shop in Indy.

Formerly located at 16th & Talbot.

Nice lady, tasty cupcakes, unfortunate geography.

The one I was thinking of was Just Cookies, which made a settlement with the city for violating their anti discrimination ordinance.
    Downtown Cookie Shop Settles Discrimination Claim - TheIndyChannel.com

People of conscience should follow everything their religion condemns, not just those they find personally distasteful. If you are going to use a religious exemption you should be expected to go all in, or not at all.

Divorcees, adulterers, those whom work on Sunday, those who do not honor their mothers and fathers, etc. Surely these sinful behaviors which were etched in stone are more condemned then one only mentioned in scripture? Which of the ten commandments condemns homosexuality?

Personally, I do not care beyond the backward assed redneckenness in which we are currently being viewed upon the world stage.

How do you know what my religious beliefs are? Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I believe everything every church preaches. I had a discussion with my Pastor yesterday because I disagreed with what he said from the pulpit. He agreed that I could be right, and was right on one thing. He was talking about how Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and how it was a show of humility and that warriors rode horses. I disagreed and told him that I believed it was a sign of confidence, a way of saying send your warriors on horses. I'll still triumph while riding a donkey. Same as turning the other cheek isn't a sign of humility or meekness. He agreed on turning the other cheek.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no delusions of being "centrist". I'm right - far right.

Fox at least gives lip service to representing views both left and right.

From what I've seen on FOX, their actual news programming is pretty top notch. Bret Baier is very well respected by his colleagues from other networks, and they do tend to report things that left leaning news outlets wouldn't report. And a lot of people confuse commentary shows like Sean Hanity with news.

So, the majority of atheists and agnostics are white, and that means what; that they've been throwing away all the "applications" submitted by minorities?

I think it means that it should be a harder sell for a group that's mostly white men to convince the world that the political right is evil because they're mostly white men.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    But that's the point, would the swingers party be told to take a flying leap? or still be served? If you are condemning someone based upon religious convictions you should stand by ALL those religious convictions.. not just things you personally find yucky.

And can you tell me that those particular religious business owners made products celebrating other sins but not the one you seem so enamored with. Your straw man is on fire.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just have to say to the fellow nonbelievers who are all upset about this. It's okay for you not to be a believer and still not hate religion. I've looked into it. There's no law that compels it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How do you know what my religious beliefs are? Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I believe everything every church preaches. I had a discussion with my Pastor yesterday because I disagreed with what he said from the pulpit. He agreed that I could be right, and was right on one thing. He was talking about how Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and how it was a show of humility and that warriors rode horses. I disagreed and told him that I believed it was a sign of confidence, a way of saying send your warriors on horses. I'll still triumph while riding a donkey. Same as turning the other cheek isn't a sign of humility or meekness. He agreed on turning the other cheek.
    You're both wrong. He did it to fulfill the prophecy of Zechariah.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    People actually tried to make some kind of analysis out of those data? Wow. Also: the scale of that chart has a maximum IQ of 110. Interesting.

Heh...I was tested at 140 in the 4th grade...them atheist folks, they ain't too bright are they?

Of course, I ALWAYS hated grammar. Literature, now that's another tale...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You're both wrong. He did it to fulfill the prophecy of Zechariah.

Wait a minute, a prophecy is a foretelling of what is to come, correct? So someone actually has to purposely do something to make it come true or is it simply a prophecy of what will be? Does Zechariah prophecy the reason behind him riding a donkey?

Heh...I was tested at 140 in the 4th grade...them atheist folks, they ain't too bright are they?

Of course, I ALWAYS hated grammar. Literature, now that's another tale...

You have me beat by 12 points. And the same with grammar and literature.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Incoherent fool

Indianapolis Mayor Ballard Orders City Employees to Ignore Religious Freedom Restoration Act

This is Michael Moore-levels of disregard of facts. Pathetic demagoguery. There's no possible scenario where his droll reasoning makes a bit of sense.
    The fact of the matter Mr Mayor is that your edict goes against the real Constitutionally protected right that prohibits a government from forcing a religious entity to do something that is against their religious beliefs. That is what the newly passed RFRA affirms in a nutshell. You seem to have a problem recognizing that particular right, Mr. Mayor.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You have me beat by:dunno: points. And the same with grammar and literature.

The numbers never mattered the conversation always did. It's the difference between education and intelligence. One has to do with how long you've been in the system the other has to do with what you actually understand. The first doesn't matter much in the real world, the latter...well what do you want to talk about? There's a lot out there.

beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    Is this not another display of how the media can turn somthing into somthing it was totally not. Sounds like another. Hands up don't shoot before the facts were sorted. 19/20 people at protests prolly have not read the text of it social media, media turns butterflies into dragons Gov. Pence has stood ground against the grain. And. Other just want to be part of somthing I'm disgusted and if GenCon doesn't pull out of another state (30) have close to same bill What's that discrimination?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BRB - gettting photo .. will edit ... here in a moment ... computer cooperation pending

OK - the only way to make this clearer is with crayons ...

Gov%20for%20dummies%20001_zpsjjjnoyqq.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    well the RFRA is now a success:

Jesse Jackson says he's not coming here for the Final 4
    That's a shame, really. I was hoping it would be severe enough to induce Jesse Jackson never to come back to Indiana, ever.

Same with that scumbag, Al Sharpton. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom