Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But how about making the same wedding cake for a man who is getting married for the second time around after committing adultery on his first wife with his second? Do they get the cake?

That would depend upon his knowledge of the situation, and his own conscience.

(And despite what you would say otherwise, the first amendment protects freedom of conscience, whether or not you think someone's conscience is hypocritical.)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    But how about making the same wedding cake for a man who is getting married for the second time around after committing adultery on his first wife with his second? Do they get the cake?

It all depends what he puts on his RFC ("request for cake") form. If, based on his answers to the RFC profile questions, he's of a denomination that permits 2nd marriages, then I'd bake it. If his denomination doesn't, we'd have to decline his RFC. Further, if his faith required a more...dedicated...level of compliance regarding adultery, I'd call the local administrator(s) of his faith and rat his cheating ass out!

p.s. Note how this sarcastic post actually resembles many processes of the Federal government, which pinkos generally tend to embrace.

Last edited:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    On another forum I am on, someone said that no business has the right to refuse service to anyone. I took the time to bait them into seeing if it is only "protected classes" or they mean everyone by asking if it means people who carry guns also. Waiting to see if anyone says that doesn't count.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There is a mirror around here somewhere... you might want to look into it.

This bill merely sets the boundaries by which the State "stays out of it". How do you view this bill as *expanding* government?

How has GFGT attempted to tell anyone how to exercise their rights? How has GFGT advocated for anyone else's rights to be infringed? How does Indiana's RFRA allow anyone to infringe upon anyone else's rights?

AA&E, you are the one proclaiming standards below which certain people should not be entitled to all of their rights. I am on the side of even (what appears to be but I'll stand correct if wrong) religion haters such as yourself being able to exercise your rights even if they're inconsistant, hypocritical, and arbitrary.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Dude, not even worried about it, lol. If somebody thinks I'm gay, let them think it... and if they have a hot wife, I'd be more than willing to do them a favor and take them out to a play or art show or something. ;)
    nobody even listening any more

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly this. FOX is in no way right-leaning. People who say such things often assert that MSNBC, CNN, and NPR are centrist.

It's been my experience that most people seem to think that they're "center". So, if they're actually fairly left of center they might think MSNBC is centrist. CNN leans right. FOX is far right wing radical nutjob crazy. Of course the same goes for people right of center who think they're fairly centrist.

Precisely... which is precisely why the government should have stayed out of it. Everyone here is all for small government until it is pushing something they agree with....

Huh? the bill limits what the government can limit and that's more government? That may be on par with :runaway: help, help, the wacky republicans just made Christians a protected class! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

But that's the point, would the swingers party be told to take a flying leap? or still be served? If you are condemning someone based upon religious convictions you should stand by ALL those religious convictions.. not just things you personally find yucky.

Tell ya what. Why don't you just pry yourself into everyone else's lives and report back on who all we should throw stones at. K? We can draw straws on who gets to throw first.

I am not familiar with Talbot Street, but apparently you are.

Not sure if we should read anything into that or not...

Hmmm. Got yer stones ready?

You're just going to have your righteous indignation one way or another, no matter what, aren't you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't seen anybody post this one, so I will. The whole cake thing goes both ways. Once you start using the courts to force people to do things against their will it just devolves into tit-for-tat.

This Colorado baker refused to put an anti-gay message on cakes. Now she is facing a civil rights complaint. - The Washington Post

I read about this the other day. I don't like this sort of thing but if it helps highlight the stupidity of these "civil rights" laws and leads to them being repealed...maybe something good can come of it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I read about this the other day. I don't like this sort of thing but if it helps highlight the stupidity of these "civil rights" laws and leads to them being repealed...maybe something good can come of it.

I agree. **** like this wastes everyone's time. I'd rather be in the ammo and reloading forum moaning about the lack of 22LR, but as long as the leftists keep beating the drum, I will accompany on bass.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's been my experience that most people seem to think that they're "center". So, if they're actually fairly left of center they might think MSNBC is centrist. CNN leans right. FOX is far right wing radical nutjob crazy. Of course the same goes for people right of center who think they're fairly centrist.

I have no delusions of being "centrist". I'm right - far right.

Fox at least gives lip service to representing views both left and right.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    On another forum I am on, someone said that no business has the right to refuse service to anyone. I took the time to bait them into seeing if it is only "protected classes" or they mean everyone by asking if it means people who carry guns also. Waiting to see if anyone says that doesn't count.

And I get the "this isn't the same thing" reply to my quote. Just as I expected.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County