Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IL's Rahm Emanuel is trying to coax businesses from IN to IL. Because somehow they want to pay higher taxes, and don't know IL has an RFRA law?

CT's Dannel Malley is going to ban business travel to IN. Because somehow CT's RFRA law doesn't matter?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Eh, Fox is pretty centrist IMO. They have some semi-conservative commentators but they only seem right-wing because of the competition.

Exactly this. FOX is in no way right-leaning. People who say such things often assert that MSNBC, CNN, and NPR are centrist.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I've been to in that area numerous times. Dated a girl who had a gay father, I have gay friends, and even a gay brother. I love the gheys. But there's and addendum. I support gay guys because they're not competition for the chicas. Now gay girls still kind of upset me.... however, they get a pass if they make movies, lol.

:orly:
    :shady:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Well since the FIRST mention of Marriage in in Genesis 29:26 and Genesis was written around 1400 BC Pre-dating your Avalon Project by almost 800 years, please try again. Oh and another thing for you to peruse:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

DING DING DING And, we have a winner. :rolleyes:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Further info on this, she's now taking the Anthony Wiener approach and claiming her account was "hacked"

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

CBXHBmzUMAAGEkL.jpg:large

I thought she spelled her name Asshack?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Who is going to define that "standard", and who will be responsible for "holding" religious people to it?

And what are we allowing people to do, that others cannot, based upon religious conviction?

Precisely... which is precisely why the government should have stayed out of it. Everyone here is all for small government until it is pushing something they agree with....

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Precisely... which is precisely why the government should have stayed out of it. Everyone here is all for small government until it is pushing something they agree with....

This bill merely sets the boundaries by which the State "stays out of it". How do you view this bill as *expanding* government?

There is a mirror around here somewhere... you might want to look into it.

How has GFGT attempted to tell anyone how to exercise their rights? How has GFGT advocated for anyone else's rights to be infringed? How does Indiana's RFRA allow anyone to infringe upon anyone else's rights?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If the religious owner of a bakery refused to bake a cake for a swingers party we wouldn't hear a thing about it. But the lbgt folks have the backing of the liberal social fascits, thus the outrage.

But that's the point, would the swingers party be told to take a flying leap? or still be served? If you are condemning someone based upon religious convictions you should stand by ALL those religious convictions.. not just things you personally find yucky.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But that's the point, would the swingers party be told to take a flying leap? or still be served? If you are condemning someone based upon religious convictions you should stand by ALL those religious convictions.. not just things you personally find yucky.

Rhetoric FTW.

A cake baker not wanting to create a wedding cake for a homosexual wedding ceremony is not condemning the homosexual couple involved.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am not familiar with Talbot Street, but apparently you are.

Not sure if we should read anything into that or not...

Talbot Street is the "Champs-Elysees" (Main St.) of the Indy gay community. The main drag, if you will. (no pun intended...)

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Rhetoric FTW.

A cake baker not wanting to create a wedding cake for a homosexual wedding ceremony is not condemning the homosexual couple involved.

But how about making the same wedding cake for a man who is getting married for the second time around after committing adultery on his first wife with his second? Do they get the cake?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a VERY gay area. She probably stayed in business because no one knew, but upon this happening, I can see her losing the majority of her clientele. I'd never heard of the place, so she must have been very local, and of the non-gay residents there, I'd imagine most probably didn't have an issue with that culture (or else why live there). Once she was out'd, the straights would probably stop doing business with her as well. I would if I lived in the area.

...and I better clarify, I liked the ladies.... 5'5 or shorter, nice feet, 110-125, very short or very long hair, and a ill bump in the back.

I've been to in that area numerous times. Dated a girl who had a gay father, I have gay friends, and even a gay brother. I love the gheys. But there's and addendum. I support gay guys because they're not competition for the chicas. Now gay girls still kind of upset me.... however, they get a pass if they make movies, lol.

You know, it doesn't matter what you do with your attached addendums, your admission that you liked the ladies, past tense, juxtaposed with "I love the gheys" is going to make someone a great sig line with "Kut" all over it.

If so, rather poor, self-defeating tactics were used. One does not successfully proselytize by setting up shop somewhere and then saying, "we don't serve your kind here" or otherwise claim a reason not to do business with the locals.

I do not know the specific details of that case, so I welcome any correction if I'm wrong. However, there is a difference between "believes X is sin" and "opposes people who are X" - and I often see the two conflated in discussions/arguments such as this one. I would even go so far as to say that the latter is NOT biblical (but won't go much farther, lest I run afoul of forum rules). I believe that most Christians are described by the former, and NOT by the latter - but all too often, others wrongly ascribe the latter, merely because someone expresses the former.

As will bear out in the end: absolutely much ado about nothing.

Generally I think present company understands the difference but doesn't bother to say it in a way that makes that distinction clear. If you said, "opposes people who are X", in the context of a religious subject, I'd infer the former, unless you were really an ******* about how you said it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know, it doesn't matter what you do with your attached addendums, your admission that you liked the ladies, past tense, juxtaposed with "I love the gheys" is going to make someone a great sig line with "Kut" all over it.

Generally I think present company understands the difference but doesn't bother to say it in a way that makes that distinction clear. If you said, "opposes people who are X", in the context of a religious subject, I'd infer the former, unless you were really an ******* about how you said it.

Dude, not even worried about it, lol. If somebody thinks I'm gay, let them think it... and if they have a hot wife, I'd be more than willing to do them a favor and take them out to a play or art show or something. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom